• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegus

Planning to pick up these when I'm in Tokyo. They appeal to my outer geek.

04121236_4f864daf94f84.jpg

Boken

Banned
Wow you guys, while it might not be the most versatile shoe out there, I think it'd work in a retro themed casual outfit.

The goomba ruins it imo - pulls it from acceptable nod to in your face nerdy.

Hi guys. I'm trying to move beyond a beatup backpack for work. What do you guys think of these two bags?

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/GJ0AN.jpg[/IMG]
MG]http://i.imgur.com/9gmoz.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iJ13P.jpg[/IMG]
[MG]http://i.imgur.com/hftOR.jpg[/IMG]
What kind of work?

Gregorn

p? and looks don't equate to durability or quality.

Yeah I know, which I why I didn't get a more expensive one with fancy patterns. I don't want to start complaining about the cost of labels and fashion because that discussion is old, I was just surprised at how expensive that bag was.

pshhh at all the backlash for the mario shoes. those are bitchin'.

half of fashion is pulling off and being confident about whatever the fuck look you want anyway. shoes like these are easy to pull off.

Nylon?
i3yNhCtDcPKjY.gif

Step it up a bit son! Saddleback Leather.

iK67qZ5nzcaX4.jpg

That's a briefcase, not a messenger bag. The styling looks like something that belongs hanging off the pannier of a vintage motorcycle owned by a dentist. The leather itself is far too stiff (i dunno maybe some people like that). My personal preference is for leather messenger bags, but they need to have a simple a distressed look to them.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I really like those, not sure I could pull off wearing them but it's worth a try. Plus I doubt many people would own them which is always great.

They're basic white canvas sneakers with a heart on the side. Does one even need to "pull it off?" Are you that nervous about a whimsical 1" image at the bottom of your outfit?

Also relevant: they are basic white canvas sneakers with a heart on the side that cost $150 what the fuck. Buy a pair of $20 Cons and a red magic marker for Chrissakes.

They're basic white canvas sneakers with a heart on the side. Does one even need to "pull it off?" Are you that nervous about a whimsical 1" image at the bottom of your outfit?

I'm not nervous and I'm pretty versatile when it comes to what I wear. I basically try and dress so everything fit's together in a sort of theme and or style, if that makes sense. I mean, I know I could wear them easily enough with anything but that's boring imo, basically I would rather come up with an entire outfit that complements the shoes specifically because of the design.

pshhh at all the backlash for the mario shoes. those are bitchin'.

half of fashion is pulling off and being confident about whatever the fuck look you want anyway. shoes like these are easy to pull off.
well since we are talking about em, the problem is that the references are pretty superficial/obvious and overwhelm the design IMO (koopa especially). it's the shoe equivalent of a zelda tee. they are, outside of this, just simple everyday chucks, no difficulty there in pulling them off.

if it were just the a yellow star and a mario-esque color scheme it would be different, and kind of like ice creams/bape but with a different subculture target. i'm all for kitsch but it needs to be a bit subtle.

I'm not nervous and I'm pretty versatile when it comes to what I wear. I basically try and dress so everything fit's together in a sort of theme and or style, if that makes sense. I mean, I know I could wear them easily enough with anything but that's boring imo, basically I would rather come up with an entire outfit that complements the shoes specifically because of the design.
eh, i get wht you men about 'pulling them off'... while it's just a heart, it is well, a heart. with eyes. but just wear it with simple, well-fitting things and it's fine. oxfords, jeans, casual jackets, etc. and hey, you could probably get fakes on ebay for like $10. but the japanese girls might be able to tell the diff.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I know I could wear them easily enough with anything but that's boring imo, basically I would rather come up with an entire outfit that complements the shoes specifically because of the design.

See, this I can definitely respect and that's cool. A lot moreso than "lols sneakers no, wear suit swag at all times duh."

I like! Are they only available in Japan? Do you have a link by any chance? Thanks!

Looks like only in Japan, though I'm sure you'd be able to find some sneaker culture boards to snag an absurdly overpriced pair through.

lol you can get them on ebay for $250+.

$250 for converse.

At that level just get some gaudy balenciagas or pierre hardy on sale. your feet will love you more anyway.

Draft

That's a briefcase, not a messenger bag. The styling looks like something that belongs hanging off the pannier of a vintage motorcycle owned by a dentist. The leather itself is far too stiff (i dunno maybe some people like that). My personal preference is for leather messenger bags, but they need to have a simple a distressed look to them.
That bag will look plenty distressed in 10 years.

I have a canvas briefcase from Brooks Brothers. Cost like $120. Fucking ballllllller.

MlhtQ.jpg

Rnxva.jpg

topman is God for slim fit clothing! Need a pair of shiny black work shoes though, recommendations? I'm not sure what style to go for, but it needs to match everything :p

Dorpheus

Neo Member
Can anyone give me some advice on how to dress for summer without shorts?

I don't like shorts, and I've basically just worn jeans and sandals all summer long in recent years. (Somehow this is socially acceptable in southern California.) This year, I want to expand my wardrobe to include lighter clothing that looks good. Any advice on where to start?

CFMOORE!

Can anyone give me some advice on how to dress for summer without shorts?

I don't like shorts, and I've basically just worn jeans and sandals all summer long in recent years. (Somehow this is socially acceptable in southern California.) This year, I want to expand my wardrobe to include lighter clothing that looks good. Any advice on where to start?

depends on what how much you want to spend and if your goal in "lighter" clothing is more in materials or a combination of material and color.

i've only recently began toying with the notion of adding actual spring/summer colors to my wardrobe. I too live in so cal and you can pretty much wear whatever the fuck you want here without much notice. just take a peak online at the front pages for some retailers. they'll usually show some nice combos of styles for the season. this should give you some idea about colors and different styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom