• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
White shorts are nice but not everyone can pull them off. He went with the safer route but he can still spice it up with his other items. Make sure the belt matches the shoes. Check out this pair of sunglasses if aviators don't suit your face.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...ort_by=newArrivals&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

Thanks for sunglasses both of you, but I wear glasses currently. :p

As for the shirts, I'm not big on tucking shirts into shorts. You can find decent long sleeve (roll up sleeves) shirts that you don't need to tuck in right?

Jimothy

Denim shirts are great. Your friends are either fools or you got a really bad one or something.

tumblr_m6c6blkXAn1qmi4cgo1_500.jpg

How can a person function in jeans that tight? :/

Hoo-doo

Banned
Denim shirts are great. Your friends are either fools or you got a really bad one or something.

tumblr_m6c6blkXAn1qmi4cgo1_500.jpg

I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous outfit.
I like the gist of it, and a denim shirt really can look great with pants that colour, but not wearing them a size too small with gold leggings.

Zilch

Banned
Those pants are probably like 5% stretch material. Where do you guys live where you don't see people wearing tight pants all the time?

Those pants are probably like 5% stretch material. Where do you guys live where you don't see people wearing tight pants all the time?

Yeah I was going to say you can get jeans tighter than that. Hell I could downsize on my 510s and theyd fit like that and they are ok.

Cant help your look if you have chicken legs or massivley stacked from the waist up!

Tess3ract

Banned
Those pants are too tight. You're skinny enough to wear them doesn't mean you should. Get something a little looser and you're golden

also am I the only one who gets pants longer than shorter? It bugs the fuck out of me to show my ankles when I sit down, I can't do it.

Zilch

Banned
I get all my pants hemmed so at their longest they sit an inch or 2 below my ankle, so I can cuff them up a few inches and get that beautiful ankle out there for the world to see.

bob page

Denim shirts are good but make sure they're not baggy and full of zippers and pockets like the "Canadian tuxedos" of years past.

Here are my most recent pickups. The shirt is Ted Baker, which I was unfamiliar with prior to purchasing, but the fit is pretty nice and I love the pattern. Was able to find a real cheap Michael Kors tie that I think works pretty well too. It's hard to tell from the photo but it's a real dark blue with magenta pindots that match the color of the shirt.

Also, those are the Naked & Famous jeans that I was referring to last week (the ones I've had trouble fading). Thoughts? (Disregard my lack of ironing btw)

Here are my most recent pickups. The shirt is Ted Baker, which I was unfamiliar with prior to purchasing, but the fit is pretty nice and I love the pattern. Was able to find a real cheap Michael Kors tie that I think works pretty well too. It's hard to tell from the photo but it's a real dark blue with magenta pindots that match the color of the shirt.

Also, those are the Naked & Famous jeans that I was referring to last week (the ones I've had trouble fading). Thoughts? (Disregard my lack of ironing btw)

All I see is perfection. Does the belt match your shoes?

Tess3ract

Banned
damnit stop looking so handsome

jvalioli

If you told me you bought those jeans today I would believe you. Sorry I don't have any recommendations for fading. Only thing I can say is wear harder and wear more.

can any NYC gaffer recommend a salon?

budget is $60-$100. lower is better but im willing to pay for quality. the last few places ive went have been awful and i want a kickass cut. few weddings coming up and i gotta look fresh!

Piecake

Any opinions on Zara? The price of their sweaters is definitely nice, but it does make me wonder about the quality. Ive also heard that Zara clothes run small, not just the width, but the length as well. Im a skinny 6'3 dude, so I really cant wear clothes that run short and I really dont want to go up a size and have the clothes be too big widthwise

I'm assuming he's tall so he's got pretty much the perfect build for all clothes. If he's not tall he still makes it look nice.

He's prolly at least 6 foot, maybe 6'2"

Everyone's tall to me at 5'8"
I'm 6'3", so the majority of clothes I buy fit me quite well off the rack. A tailor can always make them better though.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

If you told me you bought those jeans today I would believe you. Sorry I don't have any recommendations for fading. Only thing I can say is wear harder and wear more.
Yeah, that's what I plan on doing. I've been super careful with them in the past so that's probably been my problem. I'm basically going to sleep in them over these next few weeks (not actually) and see if I notice a difference.

Alucrid

Banned
anyone know what these jacket cuts are called?

i wanna get it in some cheap store brand instead of hollister's price

http://i.imgur.com/clR5X.png?1[IMG][/QUOTE]

m65 field jacket

[quote="Tess3ract, post: 39486150"]He's prolly at least 6 foot, maybe 6'2"

Everyone's tall to me at 5'8"[/QUOTE]

I'm 5'7" :|

bob page

can any NYC gaffer recommend a salon?

budget is $60-$100. lower is better but im willing to pay for quality. the last few places ive went have been awful and i want a kickass cut. few weddings coming up and i gotta look fresh!
I go to Barber's Blueprint in LES. It's about $30 for a men's cut, which is way cheaper than anything I've found in Manhattan. George is the best, followed by Arthur (don't go if Elena, the woman, is there). Anyway, they're two Russian guys who listen to what you want and don't rush.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/barbers-blueprint-new-york

First outfit post from me. Nothing special, just what I wear on a normal summer day. The pants are a dark navy blue but it doesn't show in the picture. This shirt isn't in my spring/summer pile but I like it anyway. As far as brands go, shirt is J. Crew, pants are Brooks Brothers chino, Ray-Ban wayfarer sunglasses, and watch is Citizen.

Can't see them in the picture but I got these brown oxfords on. Unfortunately got a small scuff on them the 2nd day I had them. Why can't the nice things I buy stay in good condition?

0414920909754R_300x400.jpg

First outfit post from me. Nothing special, just what I wear on a normal summer day. The pants are a dark navy blue but it doesn't show in the picture. This shirt isn't in my spring/summer pile but I like it anyway. As far as brands go, shirt is J. Crew, pants are Brooks Brothers chino, Ray-Ban wayfarer sunglasses, and watch is Citizen.

Can't see them in the picture but I got these brown oxfords on. Unfortunately got a small scuff on them the 2nd day I had them. Why can't the nice things I buy stay in good condition?
Is that their red chambray shirt you're wearing? I literally almost bought that exact one the other day when I was at the J. Crew store. Nice outfit, classic colors. I like it.

Also, I like where this thread is going. People need to post their outfits more often.

Awesome, the viktor and Rolf blazer I just got has working buttons on the sleeve.. Awesome.

note to RTW manufacturers: stop doing this shit.

How much did it set you back?

Is that their red chambray shirt you're wearing? I literally almost bought that exact one the other day when I was at the J. Crew store. Nice outfit, classic colors. I like it.

Also, I like where this thread is going. People need to post their outfits more often.

It's the Jaspé workwear shirt which I think they no longer sell. Similar to the chambray shirt in appearance but has brown buttons instead of white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom