• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberty4all

Banned
Bamelin here. You may remember me from such threads as "Interviewing at a company with no dress code -- what to wear?"

As it turns out I passed the phone interview and have been asked to come in for a sit down. Company is fairly corporate but TECH corporate (no dress code, jeans T ok at work, lattes in the morning, rooftop bbq, on site shower for lunch jogs, flex time etc)

Over the course of 4 hours will be meeting with:

Two Supervisors, Customer Experience
One Manager, Customer Experience
One Director, Customer Experience

So yeah can't screw this up. Somebody in the thread I linked above pointed out this thread to me so I thought I'd post this to see what folks thought. Here is the current fit I put together (obviously everything will need to be ironed/pressed). Will likely put on a black T underneath the Banana Republic shirt.

pqPmu.jpg Sent from my iPhone

Tucked or untucked? I thought Tucked would look better but it actually fits better untucked (stomach shows too much when tucked)

Liberty4all

Banned
Untucked, don't wear a visible undershirt, dark brown leathers + black pants doesn't look good. Get better shoes ( probably late for this)

Don't go with the black T underneath? My buddy said it would look better ... shoes match the shirt and belt ... I have an alternate black pair though.

Antagon

What do you guys do when your wearing a shirt with the top 2 buttons opened up? Have you got undershirts with a v-neck that's deep enough not to show or do you wear no undershirts at all?

Have a hard time finding deep enough v-necks myself and I'd rather wear an undershirt so I don't have to wash my dress shirt after every wear.

What do you guys do when your wearing a shirt with the top 2 buttons opened up? Have you got undershirts with a v-neck that's deep enough not to show or do you wear no undershirts at all?

Have a hard time finding deep enough v-necks myself and I'd rather wear an undershirt so I don't have to wash my dress shirt after every wear.

Never wear undershirts myself. You could find deep v necks if you look around. How low are we talking here? I think this should be good enough.

Deep-V-Neck.jpg

Not the typical men's fashion-GAF topic, but I wasn't sure where else to ask. This one is about underwear.

I'm not really satisfied with traditional cotton boxer briefs. They're certainly an improvement over boxers, but the fabric gets stretched out easily and is then no longer supportive. Since I'll likely be starting a new running regimen in the fall, I was looking at something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001M0MN02/?tag=neogaf0e-20

What do GAFers use? Any good advice?

Alucrid

Banned
Not the typical men's fashion-GAF topic, but I wasn't sure where else to ask. This one is about underwear.

I'm not really satisfied with traditional cotton boxer briefs. They're certainly an improvement over boxers, but the fabric gets stretched out easily and is then no longer supportive. Since I'll likely be starting a new running regimen in the fall, I was looking at something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001M0MN02/?tag=neogaf0e-20

What do GAFers use? Any good advice?

Compression shorts/briefs/whatever

Copped a bunch of stuff today;

Used vintage(?) Christian Dior loafers

2 pairs of Nikes that were on sale

and an Instagram photo of what I was rocking today

Not pictured: a pair of black Thvm jeans, a white short sleeved button up and off white socks from American Apparel, and a pair of Happy Socks

Oh man, this is niiiiiccee.

Can anyone recommend any shirts/ties to go with the above? I'm struggling to find anything that matches
Dude, blue is a super-easy color to pair up with.
  • Any shade of yellow, although gold is better with navy and pastel yellow is better with baby blue
  • Silver is likewise great with baby blue, and gray with navy
  • Orange is a fantastic compliment to blue
  • White and navy are beautiful partners

I personally think a tie like this (Absoluteties.com, great and inexpensive) would look great in that outfit you posted:

tiebar2_2218_9233035

I've searched for about five years for a good pair of jeans. I've yet to be satisfied. I always buy a pair only to get home and hate them.

Last pair I bought were Levi's and they suck balls.

I'm about as street as it gets. It's tough out here living on the mean streets of a gated community.

I'm looking for a gingham casual shirt (navy color preferably). Anything you guys know that is similar to this?

http://www.bonobos.com/po-8791-casual-classic-gingham-navy

That one is from bonobos and is $98...and that's way too expensive for me. Anything that may be similar but cheaper?

J. Crew sells them for cheaper.

Zekes!

Looks like I'm going to have to cop some insoles for those Christian Dior loafers 'cause they're slightly too big. Don't really care because they're awesome and only cost me $50 for both pairs.

Kyon

Banned
I'm seeing alot of suits! Where my street gaffers at?

b666a440d02711e1ad6922000a1e8aaa_7.jpg

FINALLY! I have been summoned lol I love street fashion, im not here for suits they are so boring imo its not UGLY but its not as FUN as street fashion tbh

EDIT: Where did you get your ensemble tbh

_Isaac

FINALLY! I have been summoned lol I love street fashion, im not here for suits they are so boring imo its not UGLY but its not as FUN as street fashion tbh

EDIT: Where did you get your ensemble tbh

You should've been posting some of your stuff too.

Kyon

Banned
Yes, step up to the firing line :p

Ch.. wait my haul today aint impressive :p lol but ok

Old Navy:

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

(Omg these are my first pants that aren't DENIM! Bless)
IMAG0162.jpg

H&M:

Zipper Cardigan ($25)
(See I saw this on a mannequin and I HAD to have it i just had to)
IMAG0156.jpg

Tank ($8)

IMAG0158.jpg

Basic V neck ($5)
(It was $5 guys you CANT NOT get these. Plus I have 0 black shirts I just now realized O_0)

IMAG0159.jpg

Extra:

This is what I wore later today which is from the same haul

IMAG0119.jpg

Hat: Lids ($5)
T-Shirt: Mark Ecko ($6) (It says Spray yourself! Hater Proof. Fitting for Kyon tbh)
Shorts: Old Navy

Antagon

Never wear undershirts myself. You could find deep v necks if you look around. How low are we talking here? I think this should be good enough.

Deep-V-Neck.jpg

Yeah, that would be fine. Deepest I've found in stores are around this though:

Filippa-K-Organic-V-Neck-Tee-wit3-01.jpg

Which is not enough.
I'll look around a bit more I guess and skip the undershirts until I've found some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom