• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted the location of the hoodie the Biologist is wearing in Prometheus, can you post again? If it's not a US site, anyone find those in the US?

This:
XhRz9.jpg
It was me, I'll try to find it again

here:
http://www.bravesoul.co.uk/shop/clothing/mens-cowl-neck-long-sleeved-top

only 10 pounds now

I keep getting a malware thing from gaf. Whatevs.

Blue suede shoes can be awesome but he picked a shitty pair. The sole almost always should contrast the shoe color (usually mahogny red color).

I would tuck the shirt in too.

Also anothe +1 to the v neck tees at target. if you are 150 and 58 you should probably be wearing the smalls and not the mediums.

i will post pics in about week of all my suits 2 of which are 150 dollar asian sourced made to measure. Im about to get my second suit from them and pair of pants for another that i ordered wrong the first time.

Also anothe +1 to the v neck tees at target. if you are 150 and 58 you should probably be wearing the smalls and not the mediums.

5'9, 150 here and medium Merona v necks fit perfect. A small would be like wearing Spandex. The regular medium Merona tees are too wide for me though. The medium Mossimo tees fit well and I haven't tried Mossimo v necks.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
DSC02072.JPG

I have bought this shoes, what colour of pants do you think they go well with?
Mostly white/lighter colors but I think maybe dark blue as well. Almost anything really

Love me some FP shoes. Bought maybe 5 pairs in my life which is rare for me (I also actually play tennis in them which absolutely murders them on hard court :p)

Bought a beautiful Hugo Boss tweed blazer today at the Nordstrom's presale. It's a light gray and perfect fit. Getting the jacket taken in just a bit but I'll be getting it back on Monday. Can't wait to post up some pictures when I do.

Bought a beautiful Hugo Boss tweed blazer today at the Nordstrom's presale. It's a light gray and perfect fit. Getting the jacket taken in just a bit but I'll be getting it back on Monday. Can't wait to post up some pictures when I do.

You're not the only one that can't wait.

Got these Tom's today. They seem to go well with a lot of my less formal clothes.

m-blue-palmetto-seasonal-classics-s-su12_1.jpg

DSC02072.JPG

I have bought this shoes, what colour of pants do you think they go well with?
I agree with whoever said lighter colors. I'd probably stay away from blacks. They might look good with a nice pair of lighter indigo jeans though.

You're not the only one that can't wait.

Got these Tom's today. They seem to go well with a lot of my less formal clothes.

m-blue-palmetto-seasonal-classics-s-su12_1.jpg
Nice man, good pickup. I like those a lot better than the red variation.

dyonPT

Mostly white/lighter colors but I think maybe dark blue as well. Almost anything really

Love me some FP shoes. Bought maybe 5 pairs in my life which is rare for me (I also actually play tennis in them which absolutely murders them on hard court :p)

Thanks for your opinion :)

Yeah, I love FP shoes also, they look really good :) play Tennis ? wow, yeah, that would realy destroy them :D

I agree with whoever said lighter colors. I'd probably stay away from blacks. They might look good with a nice pair of lighter indigo jeans though.

Yeah, thanks :) I weared them today with some gay pants and really liked the result :)

Going to my neighbor's wedding on Friday morning and I've decided to wear one of the ties I got from The Tie Bar website. These ties are pretty awesome, so if you want decent ties for cheap prices, go there. Worth it!

Anyway, here's what I'm planning to wear. You guys think it looks ok? Both the shirt and tie are cotton:

I was originally gonna wear this tie:

But I figured since I've never worn a cotton tie, I'd try something new.

Suit actually looks Navy Blue out in the sunlight if the picture isn't clear enough. Though, weather guys says it'll rain on Friday, so I dunno.

These are the five ties I purchased from The Tie Bar:

Left to right: Ad Stripe Navy (Silk), Pinstripe Black (Wool), Open Plaid Azalea (Cotton), Bond Plaid Navy (Cotton), and Valiant Plaid Silver (Linen/Silk). Really like them.

Rehynn

What do you guys think is a good alternative to Wayfarers?
I'd like to get some old-school plastic rimmed sunglasses, but I'm really tired of seeing Wayfarers everywhere (damn those cheap knock-offs).

I still love my Aviators, I just feel like changing it up a little sometimes.

I'd like to get some old-school plastic rimmed sunglasses, but I'm really tired of seeing Wayfarers everywhere (damn those cheap knock-offs).

persol-steve-mcqueen.jpg

lolmark

I usually don't like making compulsive purchases, but goddamn.. Cole Haan just re-listed the LunarGrand in Almond with Infrared outsole and I copped in under a minute.

No more Steam sale deals for me...

You could pull it off.

Maybe after I get another pair of oxfords and black suede desert boots I will buy it. If it's still even around by then. Neiman Marcus seems to have some exclusive designs from Tom's so there's always something new (which also means they practically charge double for them).

Going to my neighbor's wedding on Friday morning and I've decided to wear one of the ties I got from The Tie Bar website. These ties are pretty awesome, so if you want decent ties for cheap prices, go there. Worth it!

Anyway, here's what I'm planning to wear. You guys think it looks ok? Both the shirt and tie are cotton:

I was originally gonna wear this tie:

But I figured since I've never worn a cotton tie, I'd try something new.

Suit actually looks Navy Blue out in the sunlight if the picture isn't clear enough. Though, weather guys says it'll rain on Friday, so I dunno.

These are the five ties I purchased from The Tie Bar:

Left to right: Ad Stripe Navy (Silk), Pinstripe Black (Wool), Open Plaid Azalea (Cotton), Bond Plaid Navy (Cotton), and Valiant Plaid Silver (Linen/Silk). Really like them.
Is that a black suit, or a navy blue suit? Personally, I'm not fond of black suits and don't believe they belong much of anywhere outside of a funeral. Personal opinions aside, I think the first picture is a better tie/shirt combo than the second.

Truthfully, I'm not crazy about the colors, especially for a summer wedding, but they're certainly safe. I would've preferred you build something around that blue/green/purple tie in the middle of your third photo, that one is rad.

I was tempted to get these from Neiman Marcus but I'm not cool enough to pull it off.

toms-blue-lobster-print-slip-on-product-1-2874592-099098280_full.jpeg
Those are trippy but I bet you could pull them off. Hell, they wouldn't look bad with that red chambray shirt you posted in one of your photos awhile back (J. Crew I believe?).

I'm a big fan of the Mosley Tribes Lyndel model. They're a fun, modern take on the classic wayfarer design. I have a pair and love them (but I love just about anything from Mosley Tribes).

n2Bea.jpg

Jeremy scott; Might be hard to find now.

Is that a black suit, or a navy blue suit? Personally, I'm not fond of black suits and don't believe they belong much of anywhere outside of a funeral. Personal opinions aside, I think the first picture is a better tie/shirt combo than the second.

Truthfully, I'm not crazy about the colors, especially for a summer wedding, but they're certainly safe. I would've preferred you build something around that blue/green/purple tie in the middle of your third photo, that one is rad.

It's a Navy suit. Don't own any black suits.

I would've worn the middle tie , but I wasn't sure what color shirt to wear it with. I have a solid white shirt, but it's a cotton/polyester blend and doesn't feel as nice to wear as the striped shirt I posted above. I could go to the mall and purchase another shirt tomorrow (still a day between now and the wedding), I'm just unsure of what colour would work (outside of white). If I don't have time, I'll go with the first option then, I was just unsure if the pattern on the tie clashed with the stripes.

If the middle tie would look better, I'll go with that no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom