• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
You know of any way to get the thread that PBJ 007s use? I'm not sure if I should just ask for navy colored stitching or something.

Oddly enough I just got my xx007s tapered. They just used a dark navy stitching, doesn't exactly match the original which is a bit lighter, but since they took it in from the outseam the only part that shows is the hem. Even that doesn't show that much since I just let it stack now.

But yeah...probably not unless you have ins with someone at pbj. You might be able to ask them, but not really sure if it's actually worth the effort.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Get the 34's- pants break in with time and usually loosen up a bit.

As for the belt- anything usually works. I usually prefer white/beige/brown with jeans- if it's for a dressier occassion, choose leather. Otherwise, I go with canvas ones like these:

Nicer canvas belts usually have red/blue/walnut accents that add a bit of color.

Shoes: go with some brown/tan bucks or suede oxford/wingtip laceups. The one's you're currently wearing are kind of clunky and bad. Here's a good place to start:

http://www.valetmag.com/style/trends/2012/spring-essential-sandy-suede-oxfords-050812.php

Thanks! Belts look good. Shoes look a bit...too dressy? :p Maybe it's just not what I am used to, but they look overly dressy for jeans and a untucked polo.

Antagon

Thanks! Belts look good. Shoes look a bit...too dressy? :p Maybe it's just not what I am used to, but they look overly dressy for jeans and a untucked polo.

They're not that dressy, fine for that.

If you do want something more casual, something like this is a nice option as well:
14e9a9f3-048f-4834-b2e0-85c8510737ec.jpg

Chukka boots are great as well

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
They're not that dressy, fine for that.

If you do want something more casual, something like this is a nice option as well:

Chukka boots are great as well

Yeah, must just be what I'm used to. Most oxfords seem like they go with Khaki dress pants in my mind.

I'll look through them though and see. I need something better than my shoe. It just seemed like my AE polo would look out of place with shiny new oxfords with jeans. :p

EDIT: Something like this looks good. Although expensive as hell. http://www.zappos.com/ecco-adar-tie-sepia

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
That velvet jacket (hell, the whole get-up) is amazing. Hurting my head to think that just the umbrella costs more than I make in an entire month.

MegalonJJ

Banned
That velvet jacket (hell, the whole get-up) is amazing. Hurting my head to think that just the umbrella costs more than I make in an entire month.

Do you want to know the cost of the jacket? ;)

EDIT

@Alucrid

Hang on, did you say that you don't like most things on the mens clothing side? What did you mean? (I'm guessing you perhaps have a preference for women's clothing?)

Alucrid

Banned
Do you want to know the cost of the jacket? ;)

EDIT

@Alucrid

Hang on, did you say that you don't like most things on the mens clothing side? What did you mean? (I'm guessing you perhaps have a preference for women's clothing?)

Hah. Well I have been seeing a lot of women's pieces that I love. That said I mean the more formal side of men's clothing. I enjoy my jeans, leather jackets and boots more to velvet suits, brogues and ties. Men's clothing < streetwear for me. It's completely subjective of course.

Antagon

Yeah, must just be what I'm used to. Most oxfords seem like they go with Khaki dress pants in my mind.

I'll look through them though and see. I need something better than my shoe. It just seemed like my AE polo would look out of place with shiny new oxfords with jeans. :p

EDIT: Something like this looks good. Although expensive as hell. http://www.zappos.com/ecco-adar-tie-sepia

Check out Clark's desert boots:

http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product/desert_boot_men/78358

Absolute classics and cheaper then those ECCO's

MegalonJJ

Banned
Hah. Well I have been seeing a lot of women's pieces that I love. That said I mean the more formal side of men's clothing. I enjoy my jeans, leather jackets and boots more to velvet suits, brogues and ties. Men's clothing < streetwear for me. It's completely subjective of course.

I see. It read a bit odd (unless you wear women's clothes, which is cool and progressive. Unless you are a woman). So essentially streetwear/casual > formal then?

(I think substituting formal for mc will lead to some confusion :))

Alucrid

Banned
I see. It read a bit odd (unless you wear women's clothes, which is cool and progressive. Unless you are a woman). So essentially streetwear/casual > formal then?

(I think substituting formal for mc will lead to some confusion :))

Yeah, it's another forum's lingo which is why it got a bit confusing.

Antagon

I found those next actually. What color would be recommended? Lighter or darker brown? My jeans are darker blue.

Something like this color to go with darker blue jeans?

Darker blue jeans are pretty versatile. Don't own desert boots myself, but I remember hearing good things about the beeswax.

I'd recommend checking them out in stores though to see how they fit and what color you like most. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Darker blue jeans are pretty versatile. Don't own desert boots myself, but I remember hearing good things about the beeswax.

I'd recommend checking them out in stores though to see how they fit and what color you like most. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Beeswax, brown, oakwood.

Awesome, thanks for the help guys. These will be great for work/wearing with jeans and a polo.

Second question, what about shoes for jeans or khaki shorts + plain t-shirt or graphic t that are extra comfy for walking a lot, but also look nice? Should I just go with plain white on white Nikes?

Yami

Got meself a pair of black Tom's. Absolutely adore these.

toms-slipon-black.jpg

Bit pricey though, but was a present from my mother. Anyone else love 'em?

Got meself a pair of black Tom's. Absolutely adore these.

toms-slipon-black.jpg

I used to, then I realized they fall apart really fast, the toe box isn't that great, there are much better espadrilles for less money, and they hurt rather than help the places they send shoes.

zethren

Banned
I found those next actually. What color would be recommended? Lighter or darker brown? My jeans are darker blue.

Others here are better versed in style and fashion tips, but I am an artist and this question could fall under a category I'm comfortable with giving tips on. It is my opinion that contrast is key. If you have darker blue pants, I personally recommend a lighter color shoe to show contrast between your pants and your shoes. Contrast makes things more visually interesting. It's the same concept with art and designwork.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just got my sperrys in. They are a grayish brown (more grey than brown) color. Two questions.

Are they meant for shorts only, or can I wear them with jeans?
D you guys go sockless? Or buy some of the no show socks? If sockless, how do you keep them from smelling?

They look decent with the jeans I was wearing though.

Just got my sperrys in. They are a grayish brown (more grey than brown) color. Two questions.

Are they meant for shorts only, or can I wear them with jeans?
D you guys go sockless? Or buy some of the no show socks? If sockless, how do you keep them from smelling?

They look decent with the jeans I was wearing though.
I've worn mine with shorts and pants, both jeans and chinos. I prefer them with chinos though. I wear them sockless, and usually use odor-eaters foot powder

Got meself a pair of black Toms. Absolutely adore these.

toms-slipon-black.jpg

I have a pair in navy and a pair in gray, love them. I like using them when I need something light and are a bit of color in my outfit.

I used to, then I realized they fall apart really fast, the toe box isn't that great, there are much better espadrilles for less money, and they hurt rather than help the places they send shoes.

What! I went to india for 5 weeks, walked up mountains,through citys, beaches and forests and they where amazing. Came home and used them for a while longer but the sweat hand literally fused with the shoe and no amount of washing could save them :(

I should buy some more really, they are also really comfortable for summer as I cant stand flip flops!

RIP Blue Toms
217213_10150168511821567_1149533_n.jpg

Yami

Hah, I've started gyming in my Tom's cuz I love flat soles for my squats. Think I should give 'em a clean already before I sweat into them too much.

I went down to Brighton the other day in them too, and they were an absolute joy to wear on the fucking pebbled beach. Now, that on the other hand, hurt like fuck on my bare feet. Wearing a pair of Tom's was like slipping on a light saviour for my soles.

I know band of outsiders made one but I don't like the shortness of their jackets. Weirdly there are a good number of velvet jackets on yoox right now.

I'm kind of digging this, speaking of shawl collars

Viktor & Rolf.

Only problem is I live in the boonies so getting a functional cuff sleeve adjusted will have to wait till I go to Seattle. :/
Okay that jacket it awesome. I would totally be in the market for something like that if I hadn't bought my last blazer.

Bring it with you next Seattle visit!

Manshion mind-blow: In my 33 years, I have never worn a suit. Ever.
Mind-blowing indeed. I love suits. In fact, I have to constantly create reasons for me to wear them.

Beeswax are the best Clark's boots color. Extremely versatile.

Going to the Glendale Galleria today, specifically H&M. Anything you guys really into right now that I should take a look at? I was just thinking of grabbing a few button ups and v necks and maybe some pants/chinos.

rozay

Banned
Oddly enough I just got my xx007s tapered. They just used a dark navy stitching, doesn't exactly match the original which is a bit lighter, but since they took it in from the outseam the only part that shows is the hem. Even that doesn't show that much since I just let it stack now.

But yeah...probably not unless you have ins with someone at pbj. You might be able to ask them, but not really sure if it's actually worth the effort.
Would you mind posting a picture of them post taper? I've seen some of your posts earlier on in the thread with them. Love these jeans but the bootcut like leg needs to go, I've been trying to find a good tailor in Norcal to do it.

Bagerk

[/url]

Better pic? I'm feeling the polka dots though

Anyways, I kind of find myself drawn to tunics lately; I know it's mostly a feminine thing nowadays, but I kind of want to play around with it.

My phone is being repaired so I can't take a better pic, that was just one my friend took because she likes to document what I wear haha.

But yeah I'm digging polka dots at the moment, I also have this jumper...

z0AcV.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Would you mind posting a picture of them post taper? I've seen some of your posts earlier on in the thread with them. Love these jeans but the bootcut like leg needs to go, I've been trying to find a good tailor in Norcal to do it.

Yeah, no problem.

2TWwul.jpg

Zekes!

My phone is being repaired so I can't take a better pic, that was just one my friend took because she likes to document what I wear haha.

But yeah I'm digging polka dots at the moment, I also have this jumper...

http://i.imgur.com/z0AcV.jpg

That's rad. Been meaning to add more polka dots to my wardrobe after I picked up this Dana Lee shirt late last year/earlier this year:

I have another red/white/black polka dot button up I picked up off PLNDR around the same time

MYE

I'm thinking about buying a new watch. I'm willing to spend up to 250&#8364; and I'm currently eyeing these:

opinions plz :p

I'm not very informed on this matter so suggestions are more than welcome

I'm 25 btw (if that helps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom