• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Boo-urns. Levi's finally has those gold 511s I've been eyeing and they're even on sale, but I'm broke as a joke. ;__; My regular go-to blue pair of three years is finally starting to wear out in the crotch, too, and they're going to need to be replaced soon.

Mind-blowing indeed. I love suits. In fact, I have to constantly create reasons for me to wear them.

It's kind of strange, but I literally cannot think of any instance when I've needed or wanted to be in a suit. The last weddings or funerals I attended were many, many years ago, my school never had a prom, my job interviews haven't been suit-level occasions...

Suits are great to look at, but they just don't seem like something that fits my body type or personality.

Zekes!

Boo-urns. Levi's finally has those gold 511s I've been eyeing and they're even on sale, but I'm broke as a joke. ;__; My regular go-to blue pair of three years is finally starting to wear out in the crotch, too, and they're going to need to be replaced soon.

Thanks for reminding me of how much I've been wanting yellow chinos/jeans fuck

Hello Fashion GAF. I'm travelling soon and want something that I can carry a DSLR and a 11/13 inch laptop. I looked at some messenger bags and backpacks but still not really found that I want to hang. Please help.

lenovox1

Hello Fashion GAF. I'm travelling soon and want something that I can carry a DSLR and a 11/13 inch laptop. I looked at some messenger bags and backpacks but still not really found that I want to hang. Please help.

What are some of the brands/styles you've looked at, and why haven't you liked them? How would you describe your personal style? What do plan on doing (or, to put another way, do you need a city bag or a hiking bag?) What's your price range?

Pictures of your personal style or bags you actually like will help. Any little detail will help. A lot of the guys that frequent this thread know a ton about accessories, but you haven't said anything about your taste.

What are some of the brands/styles you've looked at, and why haven't you liked them? How would you describe your personal style? What do plan on doing (or, to put another way, do you need a city bag or a hiking bag?) What's your price range?

Pictures of your personal style or bags you actually like will help. Any little detail will help. A lot of the guys that frequent this thread know a ton about accessories, but you haven't said anything about your taste.

I looked at ONA and similar but I'm afraid its too casual. I want something that I can carry to the office as well. But like the style. My price range is 250-350.

lenovox1

I looked at ONA and similar but I'm afraid its too casual. I want something that I can carry to the office as well. But like the style. My price range is 250-350.

The Jack Leather Messenger by Jill-e Designs leans more classic and conservative than what ONA offers, and should be able to hold all of your gear. But I'm far from a bag expert.

picked up this killer jacket yesterday, cant wait to wear it in fall.

77eUP.jpg

coldvein

Banned
they're not fit right yet.. i buy mediums and then wash, and then they're about perfect size. i've been wearing white t shirts alot lately. i like the look of a white t shirt and jeans or other dark pants. that's about the extent of my fashion sense.

also i dont have a giant mirror like all of you vain people so i dont think i could take a good picture. :p

_Isaac

they're not fit right yet.. i buy mediums and then wash, and then they're about perfect size. i've been wearing white t shirts alot lately. i like the look of a white t shirt and jeans or other dark pants. that's about the extent of my fashion sense.

also i dont have a giant mirror like all of you vain people so i dont think i could take a good picture. :p

Take multiple photos and then splice them together.

Boken

Banned
That's rad. Been meaning to add more polka dots to my wardrobe after I picked up this Dana Lee shirt late last year/earlier this year:

I have another red/white/black polka dot button up I picked up off PLNDR around the same time

So I decided to check out PLNDR to look for a polka dot shirt....

1t2qX.jpg

That was a duffel bag, wtf lol.
nope.

Zekes!

So I decided to check out PLNDR to look for a polka dot shirt....

http://i.imgur.com/1t2qX.jpg

That was a duffel bag, wtf lol.
nope.

what the hell homie lol

anyways, I think I might cop this women's Obey sweatshirt:

I've been wanting something (else, besides my used sports coat I need to get new buttons for) that's leopard print, and despite being women's it's a pretty basic sweatshirt. A local shop just posted their Obey fall shipment, so I might go down (I wanna peep a jacket there anyways) and check it out tomorrow.

I understand the pocket comment but a jacket like this needs the extra pockets, you need to wear the jacket to get a feel for it to underastand why.

I have a similar J Linderberg jacket, on which I wouldnt want the extra pockets because it doesnt fit the style.

This jacket I feel is more of a casual whatever goes type.

coldvein

Banned
you guys ever get that feeling where you just want the whole internet to know what you're wearing? i just had that moment. i found a big mirror too. pants and shirt by american apparel bitches. (shirt still not yet shrunk). damn, i look skinny in real life. i need a haircut too. thanks manshion thread for turning me into a self scrutinizing little girl.

image2.jpg

mooooose

you guys ever get that feeling where you just want the whole internet to know what you're wearing? i just had that moment. i found a big mirror too. pants and shirt by american apparel bitches. (shirt still not yet shrunk). damn, i look skinny in real life. i need a haircut too. thanks manshion thread for turning me into a self scrutinizing little girl.

image2.jpg
I mean you're ontop of what you need (bulk and a haircut) but dude... you're wearing a white oversized shirt and some pants we can't see. Not trying to be a dick, but spice it up a little. If that is what makes you excited and look good, go for it, but from this end you could do better than that!

coldvein

Banned
I mean you're ontop of what you need (bulk and a haircut) but dude... you're wearing a white oversized shirt and some pants we can't see. Not trying to be a dick, but spice it up a little. If that is what makes you excited and look good, go for it, but from this end you could do better than that!

hahahaha.

i'm not here to introduce spice into your life, moose.

Samyy

Just wondering if there were any short guys in here and if they could advise me on where to find some decent fitting clothes :/ (im 5'6-5'7). Can never find t-shirts, sweaters or really anything that fits me besides jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom