• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenovox1

Cole Haan sunglasses
Blood Is the New Black tank
H&M cardigan
Cut up Levi's 511 shorts
To Boot New York mocs

I also found a chair in the woods.

Flawless and affordable.

Just wondering if there were any short guys in here and if they could advise me on where to find some decent fitting clothes :/ (im 5'6-5'7). Can never find t-shirts, sweaters or really anything that fits me besides Jeans.

Where do you shop now?

Samyy

Where do you shop now?

No where specifically. I guess you could say I never really cared too much about where I got the clothes from as long as they fit but you could say the traditional stores (Aero, Banana Republic, Gap, West 49 etc.) because I was mainly didn't care too much about what I was wearing until I noticed for some reason things had started to outgrow me somehow...

Zekes!

Palladium is great. I have the limited Palladium x Bodega boot called the 'Fisticuff'. I love it to death and get compliments all the time. The only downside is that it's a size and a half too big (smallest size they had left and there were only 300-400 pairs made) though it's fine if I rock boot socks.

j4B2jGma3wsmW.jpg

Been meaning to grab another pair in all black (and in my actual size)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Just wondering if there were any short guys in here and if they could advise me on where to find some decent fitting clothes :/ (im 5'6-5'7). Can never find t-shirts, sweaters or really anything that fits me besides jeans.

I'm 5'4" and don't have any serious issues finding shirts in slim/fitted/xs. The main issue is that these shirts - no matter how good the fit is everywhere else - are always going to be longer than most guys generally want, but that's just something I've long since come to accept as part of life.

H&M is good for tees and tanks; button-ups are pretty bad quality. I don't wear polos, but the ones they have are a little too long and would need to be tucked in (yuck).

Brooks Brothers, Calvin Klein, Club Monaco, Gap all make solid sweaters that fit surprisingly well.

Button-ups are the toughest thing to track down. Urban Outfitters usually has some assorted brands in tiny sizes that are alright for casual wear and aren't terrible quality. I've gotten some pretty rad (and very random) Asian brands at thrift shops around here and they fit pretty well, so that's always an option.

Express is total shit and absurdly sized.

AllSaints has things I would wear for sure but they're outta my price range.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Palladium is great. I have the limited Palladium x Bodega boot called the 'Fisticuff'. I love it to death and get compliments all the time. The only downside is that it's a size and a half too big (smallest size they had left and there were only 300-400 pairs made) though it's fine if I rock boot socks.

j4B2jGma3wsmW.jpg

Been meaning to grab another pair in all black (and in my actual size)

These are pretty cool.

Zekes!

Man, was totally ironing a shirt until I noticed a light stain on the back. Kind of mad and now I know it won't come out *sigh*

jokkir

Hey guys, I was just wondering what do you recommend wearing for a job interview? (Forever 21 >> lol)

I'm mainly looking at shoes. Would boat shoes be considered okay or would I have to get dress shoes or something? Also, are dark pants recommended? I was thinking of going tan chino pants, dark blue dress shirt, and some sort of dark shoes.

Thanks!

Alucrid

Banned
Hey guys, I was just wondering what do you recommend wearing for a job interview? (Forever 21 >> lol)

I'm mainly looking at shoes. Would boat shoes be considered okay or would I have to get dress shoes or something? Also, are dark pants recommended? I was thinking of going tan chino pants, dark blue dress shirt, and some sort of dark shoes.

Thanks!

creep on sales associates at forever 21 and take note of what they wear

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Thanks!

Just wear tons of Forever 21 branded things and you'll be fine.

Zilch

Banned
Just wondering if there were any short guys in here and if they could advise me on where to find some decent fitting clothes :/ (im 5'6-5'7). Can never find t-shirts, sweaters or really anything that fits me besides jeans.

I'm the same height and I've spent a few years figuring out what brands make button down shirts that fit me. Here's a list off the top of my head.

Uniqlo (though I've noticed that as their popularity in America has grown, so has the length of their XS oxfords -_- YMMV)
Steven Alan
Baron Wells
Gitman Vintage
Engineered Garments
Baldwin Denim (i'm actually wearing a Baldwin XS that's a little too small for me right now)
Band of Outsiders (best fit ever, too bad they're pricey)
Patrik Ervell
J Crew (JCs button downs tend to run long, I generally tuck them in when wearing them)
Burkman Bros.
Shipley & Halmos
Odin

Sorry none of these are especially affordable; welcome to fat oversized America.

Violater

I need a nice pair of boots to wear to work with this weather changing.
Lots of rain headed my way and in the summer it's sure to snow.

Anyone know a good place to get some dyed skinny jeans/chinos/pants? Looking to get some new colors for Fall, but I'm having a hard time finding a place that both has a lot of good colors and a really good fit to it.

Alucrid

Banned
Anyone know a good place to get some dyed skinny jeans/chinos/pants? Looking to get some new colors for Fall, but I'm having a hard time finding a place that both has a lot of good colors and a really good fit to it.

epaulet for chinos / trousers or blue owl workshop for n&f jeans which are always in some colors

bowery

if you want cheap well fittin chinos in a large variety of colors id try topman, seems to be one of the few things they do well.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Does anyone have a good example of (casual) trousers to replace wearing jeans?

Casual in the sense that they're still well fitting (slim) and tapered but not quite suit or tux level. (I want them for the superior front pockets over jeans, I detest jean pockets on slim fit jeans and to wear with oxford and derby style shoes. In addition I prefer the lighter weight of trousers).

The kind of fit/cut I want is like this picture.

NB please ignore the material, velvet, I'm looking for regular black (wool/cotton etc).

ecdfe51e1865e1d4ec92f8b3c6267d04bb4cb4a9

Brands like mauro grifoni and marc Jacobs (just a couple off the top of my head) have a lot of things that fit this criteria. The corner/yoox has a bunch from each.

I say Ann D and MMM. :p
Ann d is too foppish/dandy most of the time I would think. All the same stuff really, Ann and Marc mens aren't designed by their namesake :D

And mmm is just another m designer, so Nyah :p I could add Michael bastian and Maison kitsune (hey that's technically their name!). But really, a lot of Italian manufacturers make pants like this (slim, tapered, not meant for pressing), the list is really long. Barba napoli is another one that comes to mind as I write.

Zekes!

I picked up that women's leopard print sweater I posted a couple pages back. I might have to go back tomorrow and drop down a size because I think the large is too big (large is what I normally wear in women's t-shirts so I assumed it was right, but I'm thinking the medium might fit better).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom