• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
team tucked dream girl.

tumblr_mjm45gTk111r2wgwlo1_500.jpg

For me, fades are less about the actual look and more about the process itself. I think high contrast fades are cool because the difference from where they were to where they are now can be symbolic in a lot of ways. I think the idea of fades being unique and personalized is awesome as well. I'm also a total denim nerd so take that for what you will.

does unbranded make any jeans with less intense fades?
As others have said, don't wash them as much.

However, Unbranded uses a chemical dye for their rope dye which fades much faster than your typical sulfur dye. Basically, the materials used by Unbranded are going to fade faster than say, Momotaro, if they were worn the exact same amount of time. That's partially why you see such high contrast fades in that UB201 photo.

team tucked dream girl.

tumblr_mjm45gTk111r2wgwlo1_500.jpg
Mom jeans aside, she's smoking hot. Another solid representative for #teamtucked.

So I posted about that Seattle Rainiers flannel jersey I ordered back in the middle of February. Well, they said they don't charge you until it ships, but they charged me a week later, I decide to finally contact them, they apologize about, and can't figure out where the jersey went, there's no record of them shipping it. So they tell me they'll do me a rush order, and throw in a free Seattle Rainiers t-shirt, refund the shipping, and another 20% off. They felt bad when I told them I ordered it so far in advance to have it for my B-Day at the end of March.

Bought a cashmere beanie, cashmere hoody, and on Saturday I'm braving the tourists on Rodeo to go pick up some Saint Laurent skinny jeans. Wish me luck.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
$200 worth it for naked and famous glow in the darks? Goddamnit, it's tempting.

I'm just a college kid with no money :C

If you're broke - and believe me, I know broke adult life - why are you even considering dropping that much on jeans, let alone gimmick jeans? C'mon son.

I bought a pair of Pennie boots from Aldo (which are awesome) for $150.

Just saw an Aldo banner ad that had Pennie's at $76.99. God damnit.

Edit: Great. Me mentioning them now guarantees that google gives me that banner ad. God damned context-sensitive advertising.

TTTR

Someone asked me about the sales associates in milan.
Overall none of them was downright pushy. They rather ask you whether you need any help and if you deny this
they let you look through the store most of the times. Saturday was very busy and so it happened that on two occasions i was
asked maybe two or three times wandering through a store. One was Dolce and Gabbana and the other was the old Prada store.
But you have to know that the stores are quite big and there are between fifteen to twenty associates there.
Again Tom Ford was different.
For the store having four stories the overall size isn't as big as you'd think. And the associates are around everywhere.
BUT, and this is important, nobody was intrusive. If you take a really quick look around they will ask if you need help.
If your looking for something specific or want to try something they will be at your side as long as you need them.
It seemed to me that they want you to look good, like tom ford good, in the first place. Either way I really liked their honesty in case there is something that doesn't fit.

On my second day in milan i got some socks from Dolce&Gabbana, two pairs of tom ford socks and a tom ford shawl collar cardigan.
The one 007 is wearing in Quantum of Solace, only in grey rather than black. Superior quality, superior price.

Will definitely return to milan for shopping, but first i have to learn italian. ;)

If you're broke - and believe me, I know broke adult life - why are you even considering dropping that much on jeans, let alone gimmick jeans? C'mon son.

Well i do have some money, and graduation and a decent job just around the corner. They do have a gimmick to them, but I`d wear them almost any time I`d wear normal jeans. Still, probably not gonna bite.

Someone asked me about the sales associates in milan.
Overall none of them was downright pushy. They rather ask you whether you need any help and if you deny this
they let you look through the store most of the times. Saturday was very busy and so it happened that on two occasions i was
asked maybe two or three times wandering through a store. One was Dolce and Gabbana and the other was the old Prada store.
But you have to know that the stores are quite big and there are between fifteen to twenty associates there.
Again Tom Ford was different.
For the store having four stories the overall size isn't as big as you'd think. And the associates are around everywhere.
BUT, and this is important, nobody was intrusive. If you take a really quick look around they will ask if you need help.
If your looking for something specific or want to try something they will be at your side as long as you need them.
It seemed to me that they want you to look good, like tom ford good, in the first place. Either way I really liked their honesty in case there is something that doesn't fit.

On my second day in milan i got some socks from Dolce&Gabbana, two pairs of tom ford socks and a tom ford shawl collar cardigan.
The one 007 is wearing in Quantum of Solace, only in grey rather than black. Superior quality, superior price.

Will definitely return to milan for shopping, but first i have to learn italian. ;)

Milan shopping is fun, I found the small stores and non-big name designers more of a treat to explore though. Language barrier is a pain in the smaller stores though. In the big names like Tom Ford, Prada... they spoke english

friday

tom ford shawl collar cardigan.

whoa that looks really nice. By superior price do you mean that the prices are low in Milan?

No, seriously, has anyone tried the N&F glow in the darks? They still have my size in skinny guy. Are they worth the money?
Just to echo what everyone else has said, don't get the glow in the darks.

Even if you like the gimmick, how often are you actually going to be able to take advantage of it? Sure, you can turn the lights off in your dorm while you browse GAF, but think about it, people are only going to notice if you're in a dark room or maybe outside at night, and then you'll just look like you spent way too much time at a blacklight party. If you want jeans that change color, get their thermochromic ones. They'll change at all points during the day.

For $200 you can get some real quality denim, don't waste it on those. I love Naked & Famous to death but those were some of the more ridiculous jeans they've done.

$100
Each.

Love the cardigan. Too bad I'm on a cashmere only diet. Also, respect to Tom Ford for being a great film maker as well as a fantastic designer.

Whats the general consensus on American Eagle on here?

I don't know if there is a general consensus, but I'm not a fan for a number of reasons. The biggest reason for me--and it's admittedly an extremely vain reason--is that everyone and their grandma wears American Eagle.

And I hate going to malls.

If you want easily accessible, reasonably priced clothes which are sort of the market AE is aimed at, and if you're comfortable buying online and know what fits you, then you can do pretty good with http://www.jackthreads.com

For $200 you can get some real quality denim, don't waste it on those.

I was thinking of them as nice jeans with an added fun bonus for parties and clubs, but yeah this is what it comes down to.

Looking at these now:
http://www.and-japan.com/BOTTOMS-c-...01--14.8oz-vintage-selvedge-skinn-p-9738.html

Antagon

I don't know if there is a general consensus, but I'm not a fan for a number of reasons. The biggest reason for me--and it's admittedly an extremely vain reason--is that everyone and their grandma wears American Eagle.

And I hate going to malls.

If you want easily accessible, reasonably priced clothes which are sort of the market AE is aimed at, and if you're comfortable buying online and know what fits you, then you can do pretty good with http://www.jackthreads.com

I was thinking of them as nice jeans with an added fun bonus for parties and clubs, but yeah this is what it comes down to.

Looking at these now:
http://www.and-japan.com/BOTTOMS-c-...01--14.8oz-vintage-selvedge-skinn-p-9738.html

Should be some nice jeans. Just make sure to get the sizing right, I'm not a fan of unsanforized denim because of that.

Pilgor

No, seriously, has anyone tried the N&F glow in the darks? They still have my size in skinny guy. Are they worth the money?

I have them. They are good quality selvage denim that look like normal grey jeans most of the time. They do not stretch very much because of the coating.

I have them. They are good quality selvage denim that look like normal grey jeans most of the time. They do not stretch very much because of the coating.

That's what I was thinking. How's the glow if you spend a while in a lit room and then go to a club or outside at night? And how long does it last? Just out of curiosity.

I'm in my 20s, so I'm still allowed to like fun gimmicks.

Visceir

Going to a st paddy's party on Sunday. Anyone got any good looks in green?

I think I'd try to channel some Boardwalk Empire and go for something like this. Obviously with different colors: olive green formal waistcoat with a yellow pocket handkerchief, darkblue/black shirt and wool pants.
waistcoat.jpg

Looked around and it seems like formal green waistcoats seem to be rather uncommon though...unless you're into The Hobbit cosplay.

Should be some nice jeans. Just make sure to get the sizing right, I'm not a fan of unsanforized denim because of that.

Would you size up from 32 to 33? I fear that that would result in an awkward fit. Could I pre-soak while wearing and then be good from there on out? I'm clueless about this sanforization business.

Antagon

Would you size up from 32 to 33? I fear that that would result in an awkward fit. Could I pre-soak while wearing and then be good from there on out? I'm clueless about this sanforization business.

I've only had unsanforized denim once (Some LVC's) and kinda fucked up the measurements, so I'm not the best guy to ask.

However, from what I've heard usually denim shrinks around 2 inch in the waist and 2-3 inch in the length. I think it differs a bit between brands / models though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom