• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desi

team tucked dream girl.

tumblr_mjm45gTk111r2wgwlo1_500.jpg

I want to rub my face in her flab.

It is because they charge VAT, right?

I know VAT will go up slightly in Italy this year, but from my experience it's the fact that the dollar is so weak that American prices seem like a bargain. Even though they charge less euros it doesn't make up the difference after the exchange rate

Great news guys I got my all saints shoe delivery today and apparently some douchebag along the way decided it would be fun to replace the shoes with an empty plastic container. Hooray for me.

got my asos shoes that I posted a while back and their size 9 seems to be a full size bigger than what I usually wear so time to send them back

Great news guys I got my all saints shoe delivery today and apparently some douchebag along the way decided it would be fun to replace the shoes with an empty plastic container. Hooray for me.

I always hear stories about this happening, but always figured it was something like an urban legend. Can you get your money back?

I always hear stories about this happening, but always figured it was something like an urban legend. Can you get your money back?

I can try. They got someone coming on monday to take the box and inspect it. I don't see what good that does, not like he left a note saying "IOU one pair of shoes sucker".

Just the thought of this asshole walking around with my shoes on with a smug smile on his face is gonna make it impossible to stay sober tonight.

How does that happen?

Do they let the mail in your yard?

Usually when you order something in Mexico they give it to you personally or you have to collect it in the mail office.

Shiv47

A question for anyone who's had to do overseas returns; if the company sent me a piece of clothing that was defective, and I would like to exchange it, am I expected to pay return shipping for the defective item? I hate being stuck for the postage when it's their fuck-up. Their site is unclear.

How does that happen?

Do they let the mail in your yard?

Usually when you order something in Mexico they give it to you personally or you have to collect it in the mail office.

Shipping guys do it all the time. They swap the contents of the package with something that weighs the same and pack it up again.

I dont think that is technically a keffiyeh or w/e but I think neck scarves are fine. An actual keffiyeh is a little too on the nose IMO. You can probably find a nice neutral pattern scarf that will jive aesthetically while dodging the reputation of the real thing.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I also really like whatever's around that guy's neck in the jacket picture above.

I think that's one of those fancy new "hand-ker-chiefs." Woven from fair trade 1,000 thread count Himalayan nettle cloth and dyed using exclusive wild-caught, hand-distilled Japanese squid ink. Should run you about $250.

Carbonox

What's the consensus on best sites to use, UK MansionGAF? Good range (pricey to affordable, as well as variety in terms of content for each type of clothing) and reliable, preferably. ASOS is naturally highly recommended but are there alternative options to consider?

I need to broaden my internet pool when it comes to online shopping for clothes.

blanco21

Are shirts like this "business casual" in GAF's opinion? Its really hard to gauge what floats and what doesn't at my office b/c people dress anywhere from dress shirt & pants (w/o a tie) to crewnecks and jeans. I work in IT so some people really can't (be bothered to) dress worth a shit, but there's still an strong air of professionalism as its a big company. As an example, the boss of my division wore an oxford (tucked in) and dark ink jeans last week (not a Friday). A lot of people wear the same dress shirt and black pants everyday....shitty, but its still a dress shirt I guess.

(untucked)
+ nice chinos (~$100)
+ black leather shoes.

I think it looks good, but not tucking your shirt in seems to cross some kind of line from what I've read...even if the shirts not meant to be tucked in...

I really like the look of a casual, collared shirt paired with really nice chinos and leather shoes...it'd be nice to pull this off, if possible. I really hate tucking in my shirt, it makes me feel and probably look, uncomfortable.

Thanks.

Alucrid

Banned
business casual is a pretty ambiguous term. it's probably best to just dress in line with your co workers. i don't think black shoes would look good with that shirt.

Zeppelin

Are shirts like this "business casual" in GAF's opinion? Its really hard to gauge what floats and what doesn't at my office b/c people dress anywhere from dress shirt & pants (w/o a tie) to crewnecks and jeans. I work in IT so some people really can't (be bothered to) dress worth a shit, but there's still an strong air of professionalism as its a big company. As an example, the boss of my division wore an oxford (tucked in) and dark ink jeans last week (not a Friday). A lot of people wear the same dress shirt and black pants everyday....shitty, but its still a dress shirt I guess.

(untucked)
+ nice chinos (~$100)
+ black leather shoes.

I think it looks good, but not tucking your shirt in seems to cross some kind of line from what I've read...even if the shirts not meant to be tucked in...

I really like the look of a casual, collared shirt paired with really nice chinos and leather shoes...it'd be nice to pull this off, if possible. I really hate tucking in my shirt, it makes me feel and probably look, uncomfortable.

Thanks.

Get brown shoes. A pair of derbys maybe. Black is more formal than brown, oxfords more formal than derbys. Add some brogue if you're a real rebel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom