• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today for the first time I decided that I was going to buy a brand new blazer and some formal shoes. Collectively, I got them very cheaply (R1300 together, around $150). The blazer is a slim fit, and fits me pretty well (I think?). Anyway, pics:
Action shot of the blazer coming off:
UmkIs0w.jpg

The blazer:

The whole thing:

I also ended up buying the smart shirt that I'm currently wearing. Cost me R350 ($35) so not too bad I guess. What do you guys think?

I work in a conventional work setting. I only have a black suit and I'm about to buy a new one from suit supply.

Would you suggest that I pick up a navy suit first, or a charcoal suit first? I can only buy one for the next year

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I just received a jacket that I bought from Mastrom (thanks mac)

The quality is great, a lot of attention to details. You can't tell from the picture, but the fabric is kinda shiny, which was a great surprise. The fit is just perfect.

Last week I got this one from Soul Revolver...

MV1813blu02_the_haymaker_leather_jackets_01_4f592c1603f86.jpg

MV1813blu02_the-haymaker_leather_jackets_05.jpg

MV1813blu02_the-haymaker_leather_jacket_06.jpg

Best leather jacket ever The blue color is so gorgeous. I love the vintage style.

Despite the tonsillitis that left me in bed for almost four days, I feel great (my wallet not so much).

How much is the leather jacket?

Navy suit it is then. Does it make more sense to buy a well fitting suit from suit supply and drop $500 + $ for slight alterations or go to somewhere with cheap suits like <$300 and tailor that bitch?

sangreal

Today for the first time I decided that I was going to buy a brand new blazer and some formal shoes. Collectively, I got them very cheaply (R1300 together, around $150). The blazer is a slim fit, and fits me pretty well (I think?). Anyway, pics:

The blazer:

The whole thing:

I also ended up buying the smart shirt that I'm currently wearing. Cost me R350 ($35) so not too bad I guess. What do you guys think?

I like the blazer, but the light brown belt with black shoes is driving me nuts

The blazer:

The whole thing:

I try to match my leather, ie brown shoes = brown belt= brown watch band.

Personally, I like my blazers to come a bit lower. However, I think the shorter tail looks good on you for a young, casual vibe. Beyond that, the length on those sleeves is great and the fit in chest looks awesome.

Thanks for the advice guys. I went and picked up a black belt (to match my shoes) and am currently looking for some brown shoes to match that belt. The blazer and smart shoes definitely worked for some people though, not used to that where I'm from. Got four new girls numbers.

Does any of this work for any of you? Haha. I've been told the blazer is the only alright thing but also that it doesn't work at all. Next time, jeans and a t-shirt will suffice.

You look a lot sharper than most guys! Only thing that's troubling me is how narrow the belt is compared to the belt loops. Looks like it should be wider.

Then again, I'm not a guy, so perhaps I'm wrong there. I shall leave you to your manshion.

Salazar

Does any of this work for any of you? Haha. I've been told the blazer is the only alright thing but also that it doesn't work at all. Next time, jeans and a t-shirt will suffice.

Seems fine. I never button anything up, though. Which feels like it gives me a bit more latitude with fit.

your shirt seems to fit well, but the pants look a little low waisted, blazer seems square-shaped, and the shoes don't work.

I mean it's not bad like some heinous eyesore stuff but you're too pretty to settle.

Then again, I'm not a guy, so perhaps I'm wrong there. I shall leave you to your manshion.
To be entirely honest, I care more for a girl's opinion that a guy's. Even though I'm dressing to feel comfortable with myself, its nice to be told by a girl that you look good. Guys don't generally do that, well for me at least.

I mean it's not bad like some heinous eyesore stuff but you're too pretty to settle.
I don't understand. I get that you don't think it works, but I don't understand what you're trying to say here?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
USD$421.- (that model is called The Haymaker)

Not cheap at all, but I can't stress enough how fantastic the quality is. They are made in Italy, after you make the order, hence... you have to wait more than half a month to have it in your hands.

You can check their website http://www.soulrevolver.com in case you're interested.

Cheers.

Dammmmmmn.

It is a nice jacket though. Not sure I could pull it off, and not sure I want to try for $421. :p

EDIT: I do love how they have video game replica leather jackets though.

I never button anything up, though. Which feels like it gives me a bit more latitude with fit.
Are you referring to the button-up shirt done all the way up? I just thought it looked pretty cool. Sure, it can be constraining especially if I want to dance or something but for a casual night (dealing with drunk people), it worked.

Dammmmmmn.

It is a nice jacket though. Not sure I could pull it off, and not sure I want to try for $421. :p

Hahaha, yeah... the price is kinda high, but as I said, the quality is top notch, so at the end, I think it's a fair price.

I don't consider myself a physical attractive guy, but the two days I was out wearing it, I was a fucking magnet both for girls and guys :p. Also, I think anyone can pull it off. For me is a pair of slim jeans, some dark boots, a white simple t-shirt (no logo, patterns or anything), the leather jacket and my dark wayfarers.

EDIT: I do love how they have video game replica leather jackets though.

Video games, movies and TV shows replica. In my opinion, a lot of them are too over the top, to the point that they'll work only as a part of a cosplay/halloween effort. But others, like this one...

MR1889brn02_supernatural_winchester_coat_01.jpg

I think it looks super. That slightly distressed finish, really looks great.

Ah, I see. Well thanks for your input and advice. Hopefully thanks to this one day I will be a well-groomed and well-kept man.
Where are you shopping, by the way? on the not-crazy-expensive front, topman and asos have nice slim fitting stuff, but I'm not sure if they're in South Africa (assuming this based on $R use)

Where are you shopping, by the way? on the not-crazy-expensive front, topman and asos have nice slim fitting stuff, but I'm not sure if they're in South Africa (assuming this based on $R use)
I shop at Woolworths, Topman, Zara and occasionally some of the lesser known stores here. I have shopped at both ASOS and Topman and do most of my shopping online. It just becomes irritating when my shipping costs become higher than my cart costs.

Ah. Where'd you get the blazer? I'd think topman could get you something smaller/closer fitting. Might need to have them special order it for you, though. Same with zara.

Ah. Where'd you get the blazer? I'd think topman could get you something smaller/closer fitting. Might need to have them special order it for you, though. Same with zara.
I got the blazer and shoes both from Woolworths. The cool thing with Zara is that if I buy a product that needs tailoring they offer the service in-store. I actually have my eye on a Navy suit from Topman but with higher prices I'm always more careful about what I buy having a low source of income and whatnot. Their blazers triple in price (and quality) as apposed to Woolworths. Clothes are expensive here, especially quality garments.

Just wanted to ask for your guys' thoughts on these two shirts. I understand they'll look different on me but I liked the style and thought I'd ask.

And then also, people yesterday were saying that I should try to match my watch to my belt to my shoes. I found these two (simplistic) watches and was having a tough time choosing.

Thanks for your help guys!

Leaving the links here for my own reference.
Smart Shirt
Stripe Shirt
Sekonda Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom