• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antagon

I'm looking for some black cap toe's on a budget (say, max 200 Euros). Anyone got some tips what brands to look for? Or some nice sales in Europe?

f0rk

rZTRuIo.png

Can't even see what brand top this dude is wearing, step it up lunchbox

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I suddenly want a Tom Ford suit.

I have also wanted that Skyfall Bond jacket, a bit pricey though and I can be damn sure it won't look that good on me.

Where do you guys (sans Lunchbox) get solid, slim fit polos? I like having a few on hand just for throwing on, but the few I have (since switching to button ups for work, thanks Manshion Gaf) are a bit baggier than I'd like.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I have also wanted that Skyfall Bond jacket, a bit pricey though and I can be damn sure it won't look that good on me.

Where do you guys (sans Lunchbox) get solid, slim fit polos? I like having a few on hand just for throwing on, but the few I have (since switching to button ups for work, thanks Manshion Gaf) are a bit baggier than I'd like.

I only have one Polo Ralph Lauren polo but its quality and fit are much better than any of the other polos I own. I don't have that many to begin with though. J Crew also makes some nice polos, but I find the PRL polos are more impressive.

PRL also makes some damn nice chinos.

I probably promote them too much on here but Massimo Dutti really has some of the best polo's I've work.

I also like Polo (sans logo) and JCrew is alright. All should be decent budget, especially at outlet stores.

I don't mind the Polo logo as long as it's not obnoxiously large.

I think I grew up with too many kids in my neighborhood that all they would ever wear was clothes with Polo logo's on it and it just turned me off. Can't stand people who wear clothes strictly for a visible logo (big or small). But regardless their Polo's are very nice and I have quite a few... I just make sure to only wear them once a week.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Way ahead of you on Animal Crossing. I have a yellow gingham shirt. I have no idea how to take photos though.

I only have one Polo Ralph Lauren polo but its quality and fit are much better than any of the other polos I own. I don't have that many to begin with though. J Crew also makes some nice polos, but I find the PRL polos are more impressive.

PRL also makes some damn nice chinos.

I probably promote them too much on here but Massimo Dutti really has some of the best polo's I've work.

I also like Polo (sans logo) and JCrew is alright. All should be decent budget, especially at outlet stores.

Thanks. Those Massimo Dutti ones aren't actually to bad for price right now. My issue is always whether to get medium or large, I switch between both depending on brand. I hate returning stuff by mail if I can help it. :p

EDIT: Damn, the Dutti slim fit shirts are all sold out in M/L. :(

Today I learned that I'm an XS in suit jackets, which blew my mind. Do blazer sizes generally translate over to other clothing sizes? I'm about to drop some serious cash on an old Dior Homme jean jacket, and I'd like to make sure it fits me as it was intended to first.

I generally think that wanting to dress like James Bond will get you in trouble, but this jacket looks badass and is functional. Of course, it's sold out, but it's still mid-summer and should be in stock for winter.

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/barbour-x-tokihito-yoshida-skyfall-sports-jacket-pre-order.html

Crazy at how fast this jacket sells out whenever it's available to buy... I own a Bedale in olive and got a matching sykoil hood. Coupled with some light brown cords & similar colored blue sweater that I got on sale from J. Crew, I had a look similar to what was shown in Skyfall. Hell, the Bedale alone is probably my most expensive jacket that I own but I'll easily get so much usage out of it - it's handled the pouring rain like a champ and keeps me pretty warm without an inner liner.

giga

Today I learned that I'm an XS in suit jackets, which blew my mind. Do blazer sizes generally translate over to other clothing sizes? I'm about to drop some serious cash on an old Dior Homme jean jacket, and I'd like to make sure it fits me as it was intended to first.
Why aren't your suit jackets measured by chest and arm length?

What an XS is in suits varies dramatically so I'm not sure you'll get a solid answer; is your suit size a 36-38? What brand are you wearing? Generally speaking, 36-38 is a small/medium (at most depending on cut); An Abboud 36 is going to fit much differently than a Canali or Armani 36, and even then it depends on what cut/line in the brand itself. The structure of a suit is so much different than something like a jean jacket; however being that a jean jacket usually has thinner fabric and less parts you'll probably be alright.

Your question about a suit size translating over to other clothing sizes, though, is difficult. I'd say that it's a decent ballpark figure to abide by if you have no other specific measurements or if you don't understand clothing (or body) structure that well, but no more than that; they can be way off depending on cuts.

I know, it's crazy. I'm not even particularly small, at around the upper end of 5' 11''. I'm just very lithe. On the bright side, a 44 is what all the Dior Homme models used to wear on the runway, so I guess I have the ideal Dior Homme body type, which for me is great.

What an XS is in suits varies dramatically so I'm not sure you'll get a solid answer; is your suit size a 36-38? What brand are you wearing? Generally speaking, 36-38 is a small/medium (at most depending on cut); An Abboud 36 is going to fit much differently than a Canali or Armani 36, and even then it depends on what cut/line in the brand itself. The structure of a suit is so much different than something like a jean jacket; however being that a jean jacket usually has thinner fabric and less parts you'll probably be alright.

Your question about a suit size translating over to other clothing sizes, though, is difficult. I'd say that it's a decent ballpark figure to abide by if you have no other specific measurements or if you don't understand clothing (or body) structure that well, but no more than that; they can be way off depending on cuts.

I was trying on one of the skinny Burberry London suits.

Keldor

Does anyone have any recommendations for some brown wingtip dress shoes. I looked online and see that there is a big variation in prices. I'd like to spend no more than $200.

Alucrid

Banned
I know, it's crazy. I'm not even particularly small, at around the upper end of 5' 11''. I'm just very lithe. On the bright side, a 44 is what all the Dior Homme models used to wear on the runway, so I guess I have the ideal Dior Homme body type, which for me is great.

I was trying on one of the skinny Burberry London suits.

I wear anything from an XS to a M depending on the brand, even then that can change depending on the item or season.

44 as in Italian size.

44 = 36 = XS

44 is a 34 is an XS.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Repping team untucked for casual Friday. I need more of this style of shirt. Got this one at H&M in Kansas City, but this was all they had. Any idea where to get more of these very light button-ups? It's like 100% cotton or something.

Alucrid

Banned
That's an interesting combo. Hope it works out for you. I would never be able to pull that of with a fedora. Or be seen with a fedora for that matter.

i find that fedoras tend to be masculine, simple, yet elegant, classy and casual. and easy to mirror/adopt. i get tons of compliments on mine.

giga

I wear a size 9 sneaker. Are my feet 9 inches long?
I don't know. I do know that suit jacket sizes are measured by chest sizes though. Sure, it won't be an exact fit since tailoring is different. But it's a general guideline to start with. A 44R (American) will correspond to a guy with a pretty large chest.

Well the assumption is when talking about european clothing that we use the european sizing scale. :p
Yes, this was the confusion.

4NOv+

http://www.jcrew.com/sizecharts/main.jsp?sizeChart=0,5

I just received a jacket that I bought from Mastrom (thanks mac)

iYRtdDzPylKT0.jpg

The quality is great, a lot of attention to details. You can't tell from the picture, but the fabric is kinda shiny, which was a great surprise. The fit is just perfect.

Last week I got this one from Soul Revolver...

MV1813blu02_the_haymaker_leather_jackets_01_4f592c1603f86.jpg

MV1813blu02_the-haymaker_leather_jackets_05.jpg

MV1813blu02_the-haymaker_leather_jacket_06.jpg

Best leather jacket ever The blue color is so gorgeous. I love the vintage style.

Despite the tonsillitis that left me in bed for almost four days, I feel great (my wallet not so much).

looks dope

oveja glad to be of service bb. there are a lot of italian brands out there like ma.strum that do sort of minimal-utility clothes like that. esemplare has some interesting nylon stuff on yoox right now, apparently it's filament-dyed metallic stuff or something that's supposedly superlight weight and bulletproof. if they drop in price a bit I'll grab one just to see what it's like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom