• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bachikarn

Crazy man. Would have never predicted SC to make it this far. They looked terrible down the stretch in SEC play.

I haven't been paying attention super closely this year, but it sounds like the refs have been letting teams play and haven't been calling many fouls. That plays perfectly into South Carolina's hands. Think that is the most obvious explanation for why they are having so much tournament success.

But give credit to their coach. They could have easily limped into the tournament, but they played hard.

Yep, just need the UNC/UK winner to lose in the Final Four and we're good.

And despite what UNC/UK fans think, the next game today is nowhere close to the "real championship game". The 3 other teams left can all win (and Gonzaga is the favorite via Kenpom and 538).

I don't think any (non-delusional) UK fans see it as the championship game. It's just 4 out of 6.

NightOnyx

Really liking the final four so far. Obviously, NC and Kentucky are both no strangers to the final four, so it wont be strange to see one of them in there, but seeing SC, Zags, and Oregon in there is really cool. I love seeing a great defense team like SC get in as well.

Mrbob

Does Mike White always have some sort of goofy looking dazed and confused appearance? I've noticed it during the last two games when the camera pans to him.

Congrats to SC.

nillapuddin

Last time we played
KLSwDgx.png

n1lKX6f.png

* Pregame Scouting Report *

"Source tells me officials for tomorrow UK-UNC are John Higgins, Keith Kimble and Mike Reed" - KSR

Higgins has called 5 games for UK, called a tech on UK every time.

He was also the ref who didnt call the shot clock violation on Wisconsin in 2015 (and overall was terrible) He has a grudge against Cal, no me gusta.

When we played earlier in the year Meek and Bam barely saw the floor because of fouls.

Gunna be a good game UNC GAF, good luck
but not really, obviously

Jackson will get his, just hope we can limit him somewhat

"Source tells me officials for tomorrow UK-UNC are John Higgins, Keith Kimble and Mike Reed" - KSR

Higgins has called 5 games for UK, called a tech on UK every time.

He was also the ref who didnt call the shot clock violation on Wisconsin in 2015 (and overall was terrible) He has a grudge against Cal, no me gusta.

When we played earlier in the year Meek and Bam barely saw the floor because of fouls.

Gunna be a good game UNC GAF, good luck
but no really, obviously

Jackson will get his, just hope we can limit him somewhat

Is that the frosted tips guy?

Fjordson

fuck we have nobody for jackson, such a matchup problem.

my biggest fear
unc bigs dominate en route to win
Yeah, Jackson owned us last time, we have no one to stop him on the wing.

Fox and Briscoe can be good on the perimeter, but they're both too short to guard Jackson.

nillapuddin

fuck these refs already, ticky tack fouls on both teams. big guys killing each other for rebounds and they call hand checks, i hate when games are like this. regardless if uk benefits

Fjordson

UK already in the bonus lol. This reminds me that college bball needs to change the rule and reset team fouls at 10 minutes in the half.

Fjordson

They did this in the NIT tourney this year.
Oh really? Hopefully they'll implement that soon then. A team being in the bonus for 11-12 minutes is silly.

Idk how I feel about that. I'd just rather the refs learn how to call the game.
I dunno, even games that are called fine run into the problem. 20 minutes is just way too long for one set of fouls. It'd be like the NBA going almost two quarters without resetting team fouls.

Idk how I feel about that. I'd just rather the refs learn how to call the game.

It's a shame that the refs that call all of the big games are always the ones that make it about them. A real hard shift coming off some of the games earlier this weekend where they just let them play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom