• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

If your argument is mason and graham are somehow overrated and the reason KU lost than I got nothing to even say. They've been incredible all season, and Mason is about to win national POY. Graham was a total non factor and killed KU's chances for sure this game though.

Lawrence Police said:
An intoxicated guy tried to pull a tree out of the ground. His friend carried him off before he could succeed. It's not the trees fault man

Lawrence Police said:
Well, at least we have a lot of experience dealing with fans after an #Elite8 loss. Get home safely Jayhawk fans. #DriveSober

lol

Man, when you're police station's twitter is roasting you.

watdaeff4

If your argument is mason and graham are somehow overrated and the reason KU lost than I got nothing to even say. They've been incredible all season, and Mason is about to win national POY. Graham was a total non factor and killed KU's chances for sure this game though.

Please show me where I said those things. What I AM saying is that Self did a great job developing them. And Oregon is a more talented team. Kansas probably had only one NBA player on that floor tonight. Oregon has won over 30 games. That's not luck. I get your upset being a Kansas fan, I'm not trying to trash them. Oregon was just underrated because they aren't a name school and play on the West coast.

So goes back to my point that the better team won and I'm not surprised they won and looked better.

So self sucks at recruiting/developing then?
Did Bill Self kick your dog? WTF with the hatred?

If anything by turning Mason into the Player of the Year, he demonstrated how great he is in these areas.

scoobs

Bill Self is 2-5 in Elite 8 matchups.
2-7***

He's been real bad in the elite 8, and he was one Davidson 3 point miss away from being 1-8 all time and 0 championships. It's pretty tough being a ku fan. Yes we are good every year, but we lose in the most heartbreaking ways time and time again.

Nesotenso

2-7***

He's been real bad in the elite 8, and he was one Davidson 3 point miss away from being 1-8 all time and 0 championships. It's pretty tough being a ku fan. Yes we are good every year, but we lose in the most heartbreaking ways time and time again.

yup. getting old real quick. It is not solely on Self though.

Usually we just don't play well or the other team shoots lights out. nature of the tournament. What makes March madness so good, also makes it heartbreaking sometimes.

watdaeff4

2-7***

He struggles in the games when he doesn't have much time to prepare. His record speaks volumes about that. This loss IMO isn't on him though. Oregon is a great team and was overlooked by the majority of media and fans.

Kevtones

Not to be an ass, but I'm not. Oregon is a 30+ win for goodness sake. And yes they had the injury but this tournament shows what a great team they are.

Seriously. AND Oregon won 31 games last year and reached the Elite 8. They're experienced and despite losing their leading shot blocker and floor stretcher in Boucher, they've been gritty as hell since he went out 5 games ago.

Brooks, Dorsey and Bell all have legit NBA potential. They have great role players around them and all of them are seasoned and gritty-type players. Altman is a GREAT coach.

This wasn't an upset. Oregon was the better team and it showed. The guards cancelled each other out and Bell was the difference maker.

watdaeff4

Yeah, sounds like youre saying they had low talent guys to me . /shrug

I'm saying they weren't as talented as Oregon. That =/= me saying they were low talent. Oregon likely has more NBA talent on their team. Jackson is probably the only NBA player on Kansas. And

And as far as you trying to infer that I was saying he couldn't develop players he turned Mason into the Player of the Year.

But if I stated incorrect facts, please point them out instead of your snide assumptions.

Nesotenso

I'm saying they weren't as talented as Oregon. That =/= me saying they were low talent. Oregon likely has more NBA talent on their team. Jackson is probably the only NBA player on Kansas. And

And as far as you trying to infer that I was saying he couldn't develop players he turned Mason into the Player of the Year.

But if I stated incorrect facts, please point them out instead of your snide assumptions.

dunno about Oregon but this is probably true.

This is sports gaf bro, all we have are snide comments

This is sports gaf bro, all we have are snide comments

I15BoAB.jpg

nillapuddin

Come on yall, I thought we had a bit of sense ITT. Now KU guard's are D2 talent, what a fucking joke.

Ignorant winners/Sore losers are the worst.

I will say though, Oregon is a good team. But no need to downplay KU to make Oregon look like the assuredly better team.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Yes, it was an upset. Most fans who live in Oregon were even expecting a double-digit loss. The line had Oregon as a 7-point underdog. Saying it wasn't an upset is absurd and completely untrue.

watdaeff4

Come on yall, I thought we had a bit of sense ITT. Now KU guard's are D2 talent, what a fucking joke.

Ignorant winners/Sore losers are the worst.

What other schools recruited Mason and Graham besides Towson and Appalachian state? What were their recruiting rankings coming out of high school. Please show facts. (EDIT: I'm wrong on Grahams offers it appears he signed with App St initially but NC state likely also recruited him. Still wasn't a highly sought out prospect nor will be an NBA player)

Also please show where I said Kansas was bad. I am just saying Josh Jackson is the only NBA player on this Kansas team. And Just that Oregon had more NBA talent and that they were underrated. But hey, let's blow everything I said out of proportion

And without Josh Jackson, this KU team lost in KC to TCU just two weeks ago. Just let that sink in if you truly believe Kansas was oozing with talent.

nillapuddin

2 days ago I'm accused of hating Kansas, now I'm here defending them

What other schools recruited Mason and Graham besides Towson and Appalachian state? What were their recruiting rankings coming out of high school. Please show facts. (EDIT: I'm wrong on Grahams offers it appears he signed with App St initially but NC state likely also recruited him. Still wasn't a highly sought out prospect nor will be an NBA player)

Also please show where I said Kansas was bad. I am just saying Josh Jackson is the only NBA player on this Kansas team. And Just that Oregon had more NBA talent and that they were underrated. But hey, let's blow everything I said out of proportion

And without Josh Jackson, this KU team lost in KC to TCU just two weeks ago. Just let that sink in if you truly believe Kansas was oozing with talent.

When has high school offers ever been a proper way to evaluate talent or player skill, Or NBA potential for that matter. How about FM3 averaging 21 pts, 4 rb, 5 ast, 49% fg, and 47 3pt% this year. How is that not enough to prove he is a great player.

When they played at rupp this year I thought they had the best backcourt on the floor.

I don't know why KU has to be 'oozing with talent' to have been considered the fav in that game, they were the higher seed and did you idk, see the games in the tourney leading up to this, they were completely on fire.

I could fucking careless about KU online reputation on a video game sub forum, but calling their back court, who I would rank top 5 in the country D2 level talent is absurd.

(I'm assuming you're an Oregon fan or something, I have no idea, just take your W, hang it on the wall and move on)

Now if nobody minds, I'm going to get into my nerve cocoon, and surround myself with soft UK blankys until game time.

nillapuddin

Yep. Big fish in a little pond. Beating up on all those Big 12 teams doesn't prep you well enough for the dance.

I'm so glad other people think that. It gets pretty tiring hearing

KU wins the conf every year, praises indefinitely.

UK wins their conf nearly every year, because the conf is weak.

I'm sorry, but any team that wins their conf 13(?) times in a row, that's more a reflection of their conference than their team. If UK won 13 years in a row, the narrative would be the sec sucks except Kentucky.

iamblades

Why is SC overloading the weak side when they post Kotsar up. Completely takes away the two man game or any chance to repost.

He is not the kind of dominant post player where you can just get him isos and expect it to work.

Kusagari

We've gone cold from three and still can't do anything in the paint.

This is what I was afraid of, even with the halftime lead.

Lkr

Glad that scar got themselves back in the game now send Florida home.

Nike is missing out on a golden opportunity by not having the Florida warmup shirts say "Florida Mantality"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom