• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

Gonzaga has the size to ensure Meeks doesn't have another big game. If Carolina misses shots like they did today it's gonna be ugly.

Boogs31

Feel for the guy but goddamn that was bad.

Why feel bad for a guy that straight up choose not to give any effort in the most important moment of his teams season? Absolutely inexcusable. He also didn't learn his lesson and capitalize on a second chance even after his genuine carelessness failed him and his team the first time.

I got the pleasure of watching the games with an old timer fellow UK fan. Every comment was "If this was the Kentucky game they would have called this or that".

Of course that guy blames the ref for the loss like most of the older generation. Look I bleed blue I have all my life (29y/o male, KY) and I hate losing because of officiating but that was not the case in that UNC game. We had a chance and got beat. There have been games were bad calls lose games and I feel worse for those teams than when we get beat by a buzzer beater in the Elite 8 (almost).

Like this time and many others (still hate Wisconsin) I get mad for a bit but after not exposing myself to the Mae game winner for a day or two, I'm okay. I try to talk to sense in to fans that blame everything on the refs but there isn't much you can do there. For example that WVU loss in the elite 8 with Wall/Boogie. Everyone blamed the refs but WVU shot lights out and slowed us down. They won. I was so mad about it but didn't blame the refs. Hell I even woke up at 2am in Iraq before a 12 hr shift at 8am to watch the damn game.

I'm not a fan of Higgins because of all the hooplah but I've never watched a game and just stared at him waiting on him to fuck up because they all do. Plus I'm sure the other fans will bring it to my attention and then I'll decide if it was that bad. As long as the game is called fair or at least the same on both ends I'm alright. Although I wish they'd let them play a bit more.

Edit: I wasn't keeping up with the thread during the game but did any Ducks fans bitch about the last rebound. I mean clearly Meeks wasn't blocked out but both Oregon players on either side were pushed under the basket. What is the exact rule on rebounds? If you don't box out other guys can just body you up and move you as long as they don't extend their arms?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Side complaint, but I hate the start time for this.

I know they push late because of the West Coast, but for East Coast people starting at basically 9:30 is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom