• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

evil ways

All of the thinking, planning and build up is going towards Rock vs Cena 2. Everything else including any matches we might see at WM are an afterthought and a complete coincidence.

Penguin

I've been watching wrestling for a long-time, and maybe my memory is hazy

But I've never remembered the champion NOR the challenger for the WWE title not being on the show at the same time.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

UberTag

All of the thinking, planning and build up is going towards Rock vs Cena 2. Everything else including any matches we might see at WM are an afterthought and a complete coincidence.
Don't forget about Trips vs. Brock. We'll get an hour of interviews the next night from active wrestlers talking about how it was the greatest match they've ever witnessed in person.

Ozone

Guys, they aren't seriously going to put Henry/Ryback on SmackDown, are they? I mean, they just can't let that match happen. :(

Is Punk and Undertaker main eventing Wrestlemania this year? Seems to be getting more attention than Rock vs Cena which is just 'Hey we're facing each other at Wrestlemania this year, again.'

Awesome, Punk getting his wish! Main Eventing Wrestlemania.

Forgot to change the channel after RAW, Jericho hosts Robot Combat League? Robot Combat League is a thing? Awesome.

This Punk vs. Taker feud feels so... crap.

I don't even know how else to describe it. It's just crap.

It is Punk lost his way into that feud, he's no credible threat to Taker but they try and bill it like Taker is the underdog somehow. He lost to Kane lol fuck nobody else in any top mania feud is losing their matches even Swagger is winning all of his matches

Alucard

Banned
I actually enjoyed that ending. Punk now has the urn, which Undertaker must get back.

No champion or challenger feels pretty cheap, though.

Can't believe I spent an hour and a half watching this tonight. I keep coming back for some reason, but I'm disappointed again. And again. And again.

Ithil

Is Punk and Undertaker main eventing Wrestlemania this year? Seems to be getting more attention than Rock vs Cena which is just 'Hey we're facing each other at Wrestlemania this year, again.'

Awesome, Punk getting his wish! Main Eventing Wrestlemania.

Forgot to change the channel after RAW, Jericho hosts Robot Combat League? Robot Combat League is a thing? Awesome.

I wish.

It is Punk lost his way into that feud, he's no credible threat to Taker but they try and bill it like Taker is the underdog somehow. He lost to Kane lol fuck nobody else in any top mania feud is losing their matches even Swagger is winning all of his matches

But Punk only lost because Taker distracted him. He lost after he was RIGHT about to beat Kane, by distraction.

Not all loses are burials.

Alucard

Banned
tumblr_m4b0qiRjIh1r7rjmso1_500.jpg

He lost dirty to Kane after destroying him for 15 minutes. It's hardly something that works against his credibility.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Why did this make me laugh aloud?

Also, am I the only one that feels that the Taker vs. Punk feud would be a bit more boring if it wasn't for the death of Paul Bearer. The chances that he'd be involved at all, and with Kane... it'd be pretty much 0%. Now what Punk did, I actually feel a bit more invested in the feud and I want to see Taker destroy Punk.

Alucard

Banned

Also, am I the only one that feels that the Taker vs. Punk feud would be a bit more boring if it wasn't for the death of Paul Bearer. The chances that he'd be involved at all, and with Kane... it'd be pretty much 0%. Now what Punk did, I actually feel a bit more invested in the feud and I want to see Taker destroy Punk.

Because...
tumblr_mig3xu2Id81rkf4k0o1_400.jpg

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Loved the finish. I feel like Percy/William/Paul would have wanted it that way. Good job to everyone involved.

But Punk only lost because Taker distracted him. He lost after he was RIGHT about to beat Kane, by distraction.

Not all loses are burials.

No but then you get bullshit like Cena deciding mid summer im not gonna lose anymore cause i gotta look strong to go against Rock the first time. Which is actually the right kind of thinking when going for a strong main event feud. Punk going against Taker is arguably bigger than the WWE title but its pointless there's no believability in Punk winning if he's a main event jobber. He should of been booked stronger and beating people, can't even beat Kane. Even if it was with distraction Punk still should have won somehow.

Meh they got me all worked up. Its that same kinda thing when Cena always wins and you get mad at it.

These are the results of mania anyways

Cena wins
HHH wins
Taker wins
Ziggler cashes in

The Brad Maddox/Jericho/Barrett segment was gold. Fuck these crappy commentators.

I feel like Maddox wants to be an actor or something and actually plays this goofy arrogant asshole character to the point where he doesn't just follow the Generic WWE Way Of Speaking. He speaks like he's in a sitcom. I kinda like it but in this environment is just stands out too much and no one gets it.

Ithil

No but then you get bullshit like Cena deciding mid summer im not gonna lose anymore cause i gotta look strong to go against Rock the first time. Which is actually the right kind of thinking when going for a strong main event feud. Punk going against Taker is arguably bigger than the WWE title but its pointless there's no believability in Punk winning if he's a main event jobber. He should of been booked stronger and beating people, can't even beat Kane. Even if it was with distraction Punk still should have won somehow.

Meh they got me all worked up. Its that same kinda thing when Cena always wins and you get mad at it.

These are the results of mania anyways

Cena wins
HHH wins
Taker wins
Ziggler cashes in

That would rather negate the point of the distraction.

Omega

Banned

Also, am I the only one that feels that the Taker vs. Punk feud would be a bit more boring if it wasn't for the death of Paul Bearer. The chances that he'd be involved at all, and with Kane... it'd be pretty much 0%.

Streak vs Streak would have been better

a random fatal 4 way determines who faces Taker? they got lucky with Paul Bearer because they can use it as a copout. otherwise i don't think many people would care

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I feel like Maddox wants to be an actor or something and actually plays this goofy arrogant asshole character to the point where he doesn't just follow the Generic WWE Way Of Speaking. He speaks like he's in a sitcom. I kinda like it but in this environment is just stands out too much and no one gets it.

I see it as Brad Maddox being that guy who imagines he's an actually WWE super star, the boss, guy with superpowers, etc and is beloved in his mind. Only when he gets close to anything, he's awful at everything he attempts to do and what he says isn't nearly as good as it is in his head.

Thus, comedy gold and I hope he continues being awful at everything he does for a long long time, because he's great at that.

Bret Hart is probably the most overrated wrestler of all time.

Just putting that out there.

Compared to Hogan? Nah. Even Baba is over him on that regard.

Bret Hart had far too many great matches and could make the most awful wrestlers look good, like that one guy WWF thought was the new golden boy and turns out he couldn't really do a thing right.

Alucard

Banned
Bret Hart is probably the most overrated wrestler of all time.

Just putting that out there.

Fuck you. You're not Dave Meltzer. Dave Meltzer would never say that.

...and you're wrong. Ask anyone who was in the ring with Bret. He was damn near perfect in any match against anyone.

McNei1y

Yeah his style is different but I think it works. It doesnt help that our commentators are talking over him. Plus, he's a genius! He needs more mic time for sure.

Also, I liked the Del Rio/Ricardo parody. Good stuff. (Catching up right now)

And Jericho putting Barrett over will be awesome at WM.

Fuck you. You're not Dave Meltzer. Dave Meltzer would never say that.

...and you're wrong. Ask anyone who was in the ring with Bret. He was damn near perfect in any match against anyone.

He was a good worker. But he's overated as a package and his bitching and crying for 15 years has made him an insufferable prick I can't stand the sight of.

Penguin

I'm still so confused with the midcard of Mania.

Why are they giving away Henry/Ryback on TV? Why are they doing the triple threat on TV? Did they abandon the Bryan/Kane feud for now? If so, what are the tag champions doing for Mania? What is the Divas champion doing for Mania? What is the US champion doing for Mania?

tm24

Just randomly saw Mark Jindrak/Marco Corleone on a new mexican soap opera today. I had to double take since it was so random. He plays some sort of dude who launders money for some sort of young madoff type. He did alright. Either way, it will have more viewers than Raw

jred2k

Did anybody get a screencap of Big Shoe during that Psych promo? I feel like him in that small toque could usher in Big Shoe month pt. 2.

Alucard

Banned
He was a good worker. But he's overated as a package and his bitching and crying for 15 years has made him an insufferable prick I can't stand the sight of.

I'm also sad to see what he's become in his later years. He just seems pretty bitter and lost in the past. I loved his book, loved him as a kid, but the more I see and read about him now, the sadder I feel for the guy.

rr2013_exclu_bret_01.jpg

Top Bottom