• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hated Backlund in 94. That means it was working.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry about the skip, it was either rewatch 30 mins of something you've seen or jump ahead a little. :(

strobogo

Banned
Just call him Do-rag McMahon.

GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL ABOUT THE MMMMMMOOOO NNNNNNNNAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a weird time in WWE history.

Although McMahonism era Vince was pretty awesome, too.

jred2k

I can't remember the last time I saw a sleeper hold three count in the WWE. I don't think I ever saw someone lose that way, but its weird they seem to be completely gone.

strobogo

Banned
I can't remember the last time I saw a sleeper hold three count in the WWE. I don't think I ever saw someone lose that way, but its weird they seem to be completely gone.

What are you talking about? Ziggler used it constantly and won with it all the time before he won MITB.

Ithil

What about Karl Malone and Jay Leno?

I will present visual representation of Leno:

iF4udVRgKxa7.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LT ant half bad here

He's not bad at all, he's actually...gulp...good. He's putting on a good match. Half that (if not more) is attributed to Bam Bam Big Yellow's performance though, he got a hellll of a lot of praise backstage and was in Vince's good graces due to this match.

Ithil

He's not bad at all, he's actually...gulp...good. He's putting on a good match. Half that (if not more) is attributed to Bam Bam Big Yellow's performance though, he got a hellll of a lot of praise backstage and was in Vince's good graces due to this match.

Well he makes LT look like he's actually a trained wrestler putting on a good match, without ever looking like he's doing it. That's skill.

strobogo

Banned

Which is hilarious that he was let go a year later due to Kliq stuff. That face turn was awful from what I remember. That wacky ass jacket he wore was awful. I might do Raw 95 just for kicks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Such a strange ending compared to how Vince of today would have it. He'd have buried LT or a reasonable facsimile thereof just to show he had a bigger dick.

And now of course I GOTTA see the intro to WM12 before bed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna miss when we get to the Manias without McMahon announcing. He's so awesome at it.

Oh jesus, the backlot brawl too!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man we're gonna see some Ahmed Johnson arent we, soon? Amazing

Ithil

It's weird how I associate these WMs with being eons ago, but it was only a year and a half before the Attitude Era started, and only two years before Austin won his first title, which I don't associate with being that long ago at all.

Oh christ, Ahmed Johnson. Anyone got that gif of the Hardyz going flying at King of the Ring?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's weird how I associate these WMs with being eons ago, but it was only a year and a half before the Attitude Era started, and only two years before Austin won his first title, which I don't associate with being that long ago at all.

It's creeping up.

It's weird to me seeing Yoko's big weight gain. He gained it ALL in his legs and ass.

Ithil

It's creeping up.

It's weird to me seeing Yoko's big weight gain. He gained it ALL in his legs and ass.

Yeah...I mean next WM is Austin's big face turn. It's such a rapid turnaround, All these 90s WMs seem to be spinning their wheels in style, trying to ape the 80s ones without the gigantic crowds and product on fire. Then they suddenly switch to Attitude Era style in 1998 and by the time the Era ends, WM has been totally transformed. Even now, when the product is cold as shit, WM has become a stadium filling event.

Also, Owen goes from winning the Tag titles with Yokozuna at XI, to being on a different team to him at XII. Still low on the card, undeservedly.

Top Bottom