• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Penguin

It's kind of refreshing to have an Undertaker match where they aren't going on and on about the streak, but instead focused on an actual story

What if Mike Chioda says fuck it, goes off script and quick counts during the Taker/Punk match and causes him to lose? That would be legit awesome.

SIMON-CONFUSED-GIF.gif

Anth0ny

What if Mike Chioda says fuck it, goes off script and quick counts during the Taker/Punk match and causes him to lose? That would be legit awesome.

you say this like they would go with it, roll punk's music, he celebrates and the undertaker spontaneously combusts in the middle of the ring

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I'm just imagining a scenario where Chioda goes rogue and Vince starts a shoot fight in the ring with him. Dixie would probably hire him, which means he would have a job for at least 3 more months...maybe 4!

strobogo

Banned
The Brock/Angle Iron Man match was probably the most disappointing one ever. Actually, all of their matches were very disappointing. You would expect them to be full of amateur, shoot style kind of stuff, but they were straight up sports entertainment, full blown Angle formula matches. Angle/Benoit and Brock/Benoit were better match ups than Angle/Brock, which is crazy.

Also, I feel like WCW's Beach Blast iron man matches are two of the best ever. Loved those. Rick Rude was able to do so much more wrestling in WCW.

The Brock/Angle Iron Man match was probably the most disappointing one ever. Actually, all of their matches were very disappointing. You would expect them to be full of amateur, shoot style kind of stuff, but they were straight up sports entertainment, full blown Angle formula matches. Angle/Benoit and Brock/Benoit were better match ups than Angle/Brock, which is crazy.

Also, I feel like WCW's Beach Blast iron man matches are two of the best ever. Loved those. Rick Rude was able to do so much more wrestling in WCW.

havent watch brock/angle in a while. but remember watching it ont v and beeing floored by it/. also orton/cena iron man match is suposed to be good.

rock/triple h is pretty good iirc.

I remember when I was 11, my parents almost made me stop watching wrestling because of Goldust. The WM12 thing where he got stripped down to women's lingerie nearly sent them over the edge. Then I explained he was Dustin Rhodes from WCW and they were...really confused. lol

strobogo

Banned
Rock/HHH is the second best. The Cena/Orton one is pretty odd. It was laid out much differently than the other WWE IM matches. I'm still bummed out over the Brock/Angle matches. I expected so much out of those. Maybe if they had happened in 2001 or 2002 before Angle settled firmly into his formula. I thought the HHH/Benoit one on Raw was pretty good, but I haven't seen it in a long time.

Aiii

So not worth it
Impact wasn't great, but damn moving out of the Impact zone was a great move. I hope they can keep drawing crowds like this. Set looks good, they need to work on their lighting a bit though.

Loving Bully Ray though, glad he gets to go back to being a heel, his taunting of Hogan and leaving a voicemail for Brooke was fun, I can enjoy that.

However, I'm afraid that at the next PPV (is it Slammiversary?), Hogan is gonna walk out the champ, so seriously, fuck that guy.

strobogo

Banned
Oh God, King just said "Vintage Shawn Michaels".

I've always enjoyed how they all started saying "Vintage Undertaker" when he came back as the BikerTaker and started doing the apron guillotine leg drop, despite the fact that he had never done that move before the year 2000. Made no fucking sense.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Impact wasn't great, but damn moving out of the Impact zone was a great move. I hope they can keep drawing crowds like this. Set looks good, they need to work on their lighting a bit though.

Loving Bully Ray though, glad he gets to go back to being a heel, his taunting of Hogan and leaving a voicemail for Brooke was fun, I can enjoy that.

However, I'm afraid that at the next PPV (is it Slammiversary?), Hogan is gonna walk out the champ, so seriously, fuck that guy.

I hope they come to the city I live in. It's not a huge city but I think our arena is the perfect sized venue for them! *fingers crossed*

Aiii

So not worth it
I've always enjoyed how they all started saying "Vintage Undertaker" when he came back as the BikerTaker and started doing the apron guillotine leg drop, despite the fact that he had never done that move before the year 2000. Made no fucking sense.

When you say Vintage when calling a move it power multiplies by about five. It's like adding two extra flips before executing it, it's THAT powerful.

Top Bottom