• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They had to change Cody to his current, original gimmick as the 'egotistical heel'.

We don't have any of those in the WWE. Last time IC belt was relevant too, especially when you had him wrestling main event guys too. I will say this, as much as I dislike him, something about Mysterio helps make midcard titles seem important.

somedevil

Come to think of it, Mankind v2 wouldn't be a suitable PG character.

PG is holding back gimmicks.

Why isn't a pg gimmick? Also, all this pg blaming is stupid. Anyone remember Raw 2002? It was non pg filled with Hot Lesbian Action, Katie Vick, Molly Holly Hymen jokes and it sucked even though it was not pg.

Problems thesedays are booking and not pg.

Kyoufu

Why isn't a pg gimmick? Also, all this pg blaming is stupid. Anyone remember Raw 2002? It was non pg filled with Hot Lesbian Action, Katie Vick, Molly Holly Hymen jokes and it sucked even though it was not pg.

Problems thesedays are booking and not pg.

Imagine Mankind today.

Little Jimmies would be legit creeped out. Nightmare fuel.

Imagine Mankind today.

Little Jimmies would be legit creeped out. Nightmare fuel.

He would be dancing with Brodus the week after his debut. The current PG era is worse than the Hulk Hogan PG era as there's too many things that offend people in the US nowadays they have to be careful with everything they do, so they don't lose sponsors or turn off those moms that buy all the merch. Alot of those kid friendly Hogan matches were blood baths.

somedevil

3bL4rIZ.gif

strobogo

Banned
Chrome can suck it. I went back to Firefox since Chrome would crash at least 4 times a day on me, even when no pictures or gifs were to be found.

Razorskin

----- ------
Remember when posting too many gifs here was bannable?
Though I really do like Strobogo's gifs.

@ZackRyder said:
@lamb4daheels: @ZackRyder when my son grows up he said he wants to be like Zack Ryder! #WWWYKI” tell him to re-think his decision

Damn.

Watched AJW's Destiny show from 1995 - this was one of the last truly great AJW events with a whole bunch of awesome matches up and down the card. Meltzer gave four matches here **** or higher, with a perfect ***** for the main event, which I find hard to disagree with.

The two stand-out matches both have a passing the torch theme, with Kyoko Inoue proving her toughness against Bull Nakano and Manami Toyota getting the big win over Akira Hokuto. Inoue vs Nakano is a whole lot of fun as Bull decimates Kyoko, who just will not stay down. She hits about a dozen top-rope legdrops and becomes increasingly distraught at her inability to put Kyoko away who finally snaps, kicking out of a backdrop driver, and hitting a series of HUGE Niagara Driver's for the win over the veteran Nakano.

Toyota vs Hokuto is just all-round amazing. Easily one of my favourite matches from anywhere, ever. Manami tries to attack Hokuto before the bell, but she just dumps her to the outside and flattens her with a somersault off the top rope. She waits for Toyota to get back in and then offers the handshake, only to hit a wicked German suplex! Manami's pissed and they go at it in a great 'anything you can do, I can do better' sequence, before Hokuto says "Fuck you, bitch, I'll just out-wrestle your ass". The crowd rally behind Manami huge as Hokuto tries to bend her into a pretzel and she eventually turns the tables, but every time she tries to build momentum Hokuto reveals another trick up her sleeve to regain the advantage. Finally, Manami scores with the Ocean Cyclone Suplex, but can't put Hokuto away, so she takes things to the floor, hitting a top-rope splash through a table. She goes for a springboard somersault, but crashes and burns as Hokuto gets out of the way! Now Akira's pissed, as she drags Manami about ringside, dumping her through a bunch of tables before dragging her back inside. She goes for the kill, but Toyota scores with TWO Northern Lights Bomb (one of the moves Hokuto innovated) to put her away! Amazing match, the crowd were so into it and it's one of the rare occasions where a wrestler is pinned by their own finisher. Awesome stuff.

Niagara Drivaaaaaaaaaa;

iekf3IjbsyMCW.gif

Never trust the Dangerous Queen;

irP5cyZ7ZZgD6.gif

Hokuto hits her finisher, but Manami bridges out of the pin;

ibuhMUXu7huZjT.gif

Also on this show was Reggie Bennett vs Yumiko Hotta - an OK match with a messed up finish. Reggie's deaf in one ear and the ref counted the pin on her bad side, so she kicked out beyond late and Hotta got a big, unplanned win, lol.

UberTag

I Remember when Hulk Hogan was never on TV. PPV and Saturday main event only.

Rock is just doing it old school.
Dwayne is doing more for the WWE by lugging around that new arm candy onto press interviews than he ever could cutting some cheesy promo at RAW tonight, tonguebathing the hometown crowd, making fat jokes at Vickie's expense and telling Cena how much he respects him.

RAW is better off without him there. Makes me wish Cena was more of a movie star so he'd also have an excuse not to show up.

strobogo

Banned
I don't think carrying the WWE Championship around for press in Malaysia is doing a whole lot to make people want to buy Wrestlemania.

Also, if I get banned for gifs, I'm joining A8 and you guys are fuckkkkkeeeedddd!!!

255429_10151087473981026_287236231_n_crop_exact.jpg

Surge

Fucking DirecTV...works all the way up until 8 and now it's going to give me this shit about searching for signals.

Top Bottom