• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Aiii

So not worth it
6a00d8341bf8f353ef0147e06fb1d6970b-800wi

Forkball

This undercard is some of the most thrown together crap you could imagine. Cesaro was feuding with Miz... and now Miz is going after the IC title? Who writes this? At least Jericho/Barrett could make sense if they play up the former mentor angle, but they kind of need to develop it before two weeks out of the PPV. It's like they are going out of their way to make the most random WM card in existence.

jmdajr

This undercard is some of the most thrown together crap you could imagine. Cesaro was feuding with Miz... and now Miz is going after the IC title? Who writes this? At least Jericho/Barrett could make sense if they play up the former mentor angle, but they kind of need to develop it before two weeks out of the PPV. It's like they are going out of their way to make the most random WM card in existence.

I feel the undercard has always been random at least. Before the RAW days they set up matches just because.

Why did Rick Martel fight KOkO B. Ware at Wrestlemania 6?

I guess just cause.

Not saying there was no storylines for undercard because that is totally false. But some of the card has always been random.

Penguin

I feel the undercard has always been random at least. Before the RAW days they set up matches just because.

Why did Rick Martel fight KOkO B. Ware at Wrestlemania 6?

I guess just cause.

Not saying there was no storyline because the is totally false. But some of the card has always been random.

My favorite in recent memory was Benoit/Angle at Mania 17 which was basically the Raw before Mania.. neither of us have matches so.. let's fight!

Aiii

So not worth it
As long as the matches are good I don't care if the undercard is seemingly random...

But still, it would be damn nice if they got behind the right people. Miz the babyface second coming of Flair is not happening. Nobody is behind the guy, he's just not working because he's still an arrogant underachieving guy, he hasn't changed his character and that only made him worse instead of better.

So we could be getting Barrett vs. Jericho, Flair could've been passing the torch to Ziggler instead. We could have the AJ vs. Kaitlyn bloodfeud that they only on occassion hint at for some reason instead of The Bella's vs Layla and Kaitlyn (or if they manage to find another legend, that). We could have Rhodes Scholars as tag champions instead of 3 extra months of stale Team Hell No after the Rumble.

We could have all these things and enjoy them, but we're not getting that. Mainly because Vince has gotten old and forgets things. Because Stephanie is in control of creative even though she has no control over Vince. And because every good booker they have is constantly overruled or passed by because they're too mouthy against the bras.

Now I understand Vince's determination and ability has made this company what it is and the guy's personality is such that he'll never be able to give up power over his show until he's either too senile to remember he still owns WWE or until he's dead. But damnit, if only he gave up on being the booker of Raw and PPV's, the product would be so much more stable as far as storylines and feuds go.

jmdajr

As long as the matches are good I don't care if the undercard is seemingly random...

But still, it would be damn nice if they got behind the right people. Miz the babyface second coming of Flair is not happening. Nobody is behind the guy, he's just not working because he's still an arrogant underachieving guy, he hasn't changed his character and that only made him worse instead of better.

So we could be getting Barrett vs. Jericho, Flair could've been passing the torch to Ziggler instead. We could have the AJ vs. Kaitlyn bloodfeud that they only on occassion hint at for some reason instead of The Bella's vs Layla and Kaitlyn (or if they manage to find another legend, that). We could have Rhodes Scholars as tag champions instead of 3 extra months of stale Team Hell No after the Rumble.

Can't say I disagree with all that... but oh well ya know. :\

Kaladin

Nothing says Supercard like putting your international talent in one of the worst matches you can. I have no doubt the match will be decent, but Strong as Karl Anderson's opponent on the Supercard of Honor show? Does not inspire hype at all.

^Thread on repeat on thread on repeat
etc.

Whad'ya know, box art that accurately portrays the finished product.

Goddamn, this boxart is even worse.
I'm starting to miss the days when boxart consisted of movie posters or scenes from the film with a bunch of filters plastered over them.

Snooki was a better worker than half of the Divas roster.

Sad, but true. Who could have foretold that Snooki's angle and Hugh Jackman punching Ziggler square in the jaw would be the only worthwhile things to happen during that celebrity GM phase?

Nothing says Supercard like putting your international talent in one of the worst matches you can. I have no doubt the match will be decent, but Strong as Karl Anderson's opponent on the Supercard of Honor show? Does not inspire hype at all.

One of the worst possible matches? Man, I had the complete opposite reaction. Other than Elgin, Strong's possibly the best opponent for Karl - their styles are very similar. Both are strong mat wrestlers with a lot of high-impact offence, it should make for a great strong style match. Also, Karl wrestled his final match in PWG against Roderick back in 2009 and it was great, so I have little doubt that (given how much both, especially Karl, have improved in the past four years) this should be even better.

iVBCxxCP4RP64.gif

tm24

Ive seen this match before for PWG. It was pretty good. Im hyped for this match

Kaladin

One of the worst possible matches? Man, I had the complete opposite reaction. Other than Elgin, Strong's possibly the best opponent for Karl - their styles are very similar. Both are strong mat wrestlers with a lot of high-impact offence, it should make for a great strong style match. Also, Karl wrestled his final match in PWG against Roderick back in 2009 and it was great, so I have little doubt that (given how much both, especially Karl, have improved in the past four years) this should be even better.

Ive seen this match before for PWG. It was pretty good. Im hyped for this match

I guess I'm just not a Roderick Strong fan. I got burned out on him as ROH and FIP champion. Heel managers dragged him way down for me too.

jmdajr

Goddamn, this boxart is even worse.
I'm starting to miss the days when boxart consisted of movie posters or scenes from the film with a bunch of filters plastered over them.

I read somewhere that many times if not always the Movie Poster art can't be used for DVD/BLU-ray home release because of licensing issues.

I know Movie Posters are not what they used to be either, but a lot of times it's way better than what we end up getting at the store.

Verendus

Banned
Woulda been sweet to see him come back as Brass Body Dave Batista, but I can handle this. They'll treat him like Rock, too - give him a championship for no reason besides his existance :p
I hope he returns, becomes WWE Champion for 6 months, and faces either Rock or Brock at Wrestlemania 30.

I guess I'm just not a Roderick Strong fan. I got burned out on him as ROH and FIP champion. Heel managers dragged him way down for me too.

Yeah, the House of Truth stuff definitely dragged on too long, I got really sick of the repeat finishes with Martini interfering. I very much enjoy seeing Strong work in PWG though, he's got a great role there as the go-to guy who can be relied upon to have a great match with anyone, which is probably why he faces guys making their PWG debuts so often.

Kaladin

Yeah, the House of Truth stuff definitely dragged on too long, I got really sick of the repeat finishes with Martini interfering. I very much enjoy seeing Strong work in PWG though, he's got a great role there as the go-to guy who can be relied upon to have a great match with anyone, which is probably why he faces guys making their PWG debuts so often.

That was kinda his role as FIP champ too. He was the workhorse champ that Eddie Kingston is in Chikara now....actually, I saw him wrestle Kingston once. He wrestled a ton of outside talent in that run.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anderson has come light years from what he once was. He's one of my favorite like, ten wrestlers based on skill. His time in Japan has done him real good.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Anderson has come light years from what he once was. He's one of my favorite like, ten wrestlers based on skill. His time in Japan has done him real good.

I really love the "MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEER KEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNEDYYYYYYYYYY" stuff he does.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Has Anderson actually improved? When he was injured and lost the Money in the Brief contract I lost track of him since I stopped paying much attention to WWE, then ignored TNA almost entirely for a long time. My only experience with him now is rather average at best match in AAA and being "another former WWE guy" in Aces and Eights.

Just realized that they could use Jerichos appearance on dancing with the stars to start his feud with fandango

I'm guess we get a rerun of BO

They scrapped the IC cup

WWE.com had the same idea.

jFts81a.jpg

Classic Match of the Day:

Jumbo Tsuruta & Tiger Mask II (c) vs Stan Hansen & Ted DiBiase - PWF World Tag Team Championship - (AJPW 11/07/87)

Short but sweet tag match here as Stan & Ted challenge Jumbo & Tiger Mask II (Mitsuharu Misawa) for the PWF World Tag Team Championship. This was Ted's final tour of All Japan as he'd signed with the WWF and everyone knew he was leaving, so the finish was a foregone conclusion, but the match itself is just a great, workmanlike tag match with a great finish and a real fun dynamic, especially when Stan's in the ring with Tiger Mask!

Here's the playlist of classic matches so far;

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2j4f3

• Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Nobuhiko Takada - IWGP Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 10/09/95)
  • Aja Kong (c) vs Dynamite Kansai - WWWA Title Match - (AJW 08/25/93)
  • Naoki Sano vs Masakatsu Funaki - (SWS 04/01/91)
  • Koji Kanemoto (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 01/04/96)[/url]
  • Nick Bockwinkel (c) vs Jumbo Tsuruta (c) - AWA Heavyweight Title & NWA United International Title - (AJPW 02/23/84)
  • Terry Funk vs Stan Hansen - (AJPW 04/14/83)
  • Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs El Samurai - Top of the Super Jr's III FINAL - (NJPW 04/30/92)
  • Genichiro Tenryu vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - (WAR 11/27/97)

:lol: as if.

You're getting Miz vs. Barrett with Flair in Miz's corner and you will damn well like it!

I had but two requests for WM once the predictable upper card stuff was set in sordid stone, Kane vs Bryan as the explosive finale to the run of Team Hell No and Barrett placed in a decent match.
This company would deny me my two small pleasures in favour of Big E's rather rushed and maybe undeserved spot for a filler tag match and ignoring the obvious Jericho angle for failure face figure four fumbling Miz, and Miz ruined my alliteration, so i'm going to call him the Fiz because he's all fizzled out.

I can only accept the tag match if they throw in Rhode Scholars as well as other teams, and ladders, where the hell are our damn WM ladder matches?!

strobogo

Banned
Has Anderson actually improved? When he was injured and lost the Money in the Brief contract I lost track of him since I stopped paying much attention to WWE, then ignored TNA almost entirely for a long time. My only experience with him now is rather average at best match in AAA and being "another former WWE guy" in Aces and Eights.

lol. Anderson has managed to get worse and worse to the point where I'd wholeheartedly say Miz is better than him in every category, and I think Miz is worse and less interesting to watch than someone like Khali.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Serena in TNA's Knockouts thing makes me think she'd fit with Bully real well if she shaved her head again.

tumblr_mbq8i5CH6J1rxy1koo1_500.png

better than most of A&8's at least.

tm24

Lucha Lunes!

Rey Cometa vs Puma King, mask vs mask

Here is my lucha match of the year from 2012. This match was built around the most simple feud, who was better at lucha. Rey Cometa is the technico and Puma king is the rudo. Both of them basically decided to push themselves to break out. This match is a culmination of the spots built over their feud, including some crazy dives from Cometa and Puma reintroducing Cometa to a familiar friend in his own special way

jred2k

Serena in TNA's Knockouts thing makes me think she'd fit with Bully real well if she shaved her head again.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbq8i5CH6J1rxy1koo1_500.png[IMG]
better than most of A&8's at least.[/QUOTE]

Pfft, Bully is a man that has married Brooke Hogan. He has standards you know.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Warrior was winded that entire match. If it's the one where Vader jumps him afterwards and then he does slow mo punches to Bulldog, Vader, and Owen. You could tell they were hoping Owen would 'Rude' for Warrior and make him look good, but the guy was completely out of it by that point. He didn't even run around the ring, he just ran TO the ring.

The latter half of 97 does have a big blemish. And why is that?
tumblr_mjryrgxvj91s5lpiuo1_500.jpg

Don't ever let anyone tell you that DX was cool. DX was never cool nor funny. The John Cena of the 90s, honestly. The 'me too!' group. 'Hey NWO is popular, hey Stone Cold is popular and a tweener and Bret kind of is too. WE WANT TO BE A TWEENER TOO! Let's reward Owen for being loyal by jobbing him out to Hunter. Let's waste Taker's momentum so he can wrestle Huner too!' And you have a HBK that's so drugged out that he's not even entertaining at that point.

Even going back now, I'm glad to see that I was right as a kid to see how dumb that group was. In retrospect, NWO was dumb, but I can admit there were things about it that I thought was cool as a kid. I always thought DX was fucking awful.
PREACH

To add more, though...I always felt the same way. DX was the WWF Kliq convincing Vince that they needed a "rebellious" group.

They made jokes that were too juvenile for me, and I was in middle school at the time. I did LOVE the New Age Outlaws though...they had the charisma that the "main duo" didn't.

I never thought HHH was interesting, and besides thinking I was "growing out of wrestling," his later success was a large part of why I abandoned watching for quite some time.

Paul Levesque has always been a cornball to me. Always.

Top Bottom