• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

End this already
You hold the power in your hand.

modal_close.png

Toki767

I liked it better when these things had to end in submission and not pinfall.

Wonder what the swerve will be at the end of the show. Gotta think Aces & Eights will be on top when the night is over.

Hightower

Banned
So how full are the stands for this PPV?

Well the Alamodome is setup like it would be for basketball... so it's no where near it's 72k capacity.

But for it's configuration, it's a nice sized crowd. It's their largest US crowd yet. I'd guess somewhere in the 8,000-10,000 range.

somedevil

Well the Alamodome is setup like it would be for basketball... so it's no where near it's 72k capacity.

But for it's configuration, it's a nice sized crowd. It's their largest US crowd yet. I'd guess somewhere in the 8,000-10,000 range.

They got 7,000 for this show.

Hightower

Banned
It's so damn weird to me to see BUH-BUH RAY DU DU DU DU DUDLEY main eventing a PPV for the title...

He's got to have one of the biggest career reinventions ever. Best shape of his life, solid character and his in ring work has improved.

Hightower

Banned
I missed the Aces and Eights match because I was cooking. They lost? And they're supposed to be a threat to TNA? lol

They didn't just lose, they got flat out buried.

Eric Young got the pin.. he hasn't been on TV in months and has never been a threat to anyone... and he pinned the big bad bikers...

That doesn't seem too bad.

Not to turn this into sales age but do they release their annual figures like the E? WWE main issue is PPV buy rates outside of Wrestlemania and the WWE film division.

But TNA operates like they don't want PPV buy rates (less than 20,000 buy rates), merchandising and house shoe gates.

And Bully Ray with a heel turn in 5-4-3-2-1.

If they're going to swerve us and make Bully Ray a part of Aces & Eights it would've been a better idea to have made them win in that last match. That way they at least look like a threat.

Hightower

Banned

Not to turn this into sales age but do they release their annual figures like the E? WWE main issue is PPV buy rates outside of Wrestlemania and the WWE film division.

But TNA operates like they don't want PPV buy rates (less than 20,000 buy rates), merchandising and house shoe gates.

They are a privately held company. They release no info.

The only things they've mentioned is that they are profitable...

They have very lucrative overseas contracts, and they do well enough on the house shows to justify doing them.

Ithil

TNA has de-emphasized their PPVs for a long time, doing little build, having nothing happen at them, or having their main events repeated on Impact right away, etc. Which really clashed with their full WWE-style PPV schedule, I didn't get it.

This Big Four format is a lot better (it's four isn't it?).

somedevil

For TNA its all about the tv ratings and keeping Spike happy. Thats where they get the money.

Hightower

Banned
TNA has de-emphasized their PPVs for a long time, doing little build, having nothing happen at them, or having their main events repeated on Impact right away, etc. Which really clashed with their full WWE-style PPV schedule, I didn't get it.

This Big Four format is a lot better (it's four isn't it?).

They've been doing the monthly PPVs for a while due to strictly having contractual obligations. They've been wanting to change it for quite some time.

Top Bottom