• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Fox318

Actually I'm Scott Steiner, thanks

nuVu2Cp.jpg

jmdajr

Damn. Not sure if I can find a whole ten.

1) The Game
2) COO
3) DX-HHH (young)
4) DX-HHH (old)
5) King Of Kings
6) Cerebral Assassin
7) Hunter Hearst Helmsley
8) Jean-Paul Lévesque
9) Terra Ryzing
10) Good Guy Paul

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just realized that with WM in Orlando next year, Rock is a lock for headlining the HoF.

He's (billed) from Miami which is a bit like inducting Rey Mysterio into the Hall of Fame specifically because it's occurring at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.

He's also 43, and I'm like 90% certain he has not wrestled his last match (because he'd make a big deal about it if and when it was his last match). I actually imagine Daniel Bryan is far, far more likely given that they really like having one big legit dude, one old tyme guy, and then a ton of questionable people.

He's (billed) from Miami which is a bit like inducting Rey Mysterio into the Hall of Fame specifically because it's occurring at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.

He's also 43, and I'm like 90% certain he has not wrestled his last match (because he'd make a big deal about it if and when it was his last match). I actually imagine Daniel Bryan is far, far more likely given that they really like having one big legit dude, one old tyme guy, and then a ton of questionable people.

Who inducts Daniel Bryan?

Fox318

honestly they probably had mania near Miami in the hopes that Rock would attend it.

I mean his schedule of projects is out of control.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Damn. Not sure if I can find a whole ten.

1) The Game
2) COO
3) DX-HHH (young)
4) DX-HHH (old)
5) King Of Kings
6) Cerebral Assassin
7) Hunter Hearst Helmsley
8) Jean-Paul Lévesque
9) Terra Ryzing
10) Good Guy Paul

What about the guy in charge of NXT

honestly they probably had mania near Miami in the hopes that Rock would attend it.

I mean his schedule of projects is out of control.

I mean the Rock has been at the last 5 WrestleManias so I have no idea why anyone would think he wouldn't attend it wherever it happens to be. In fact, I'm fairly certain he is in fact contracted to appear at them. I mean, how hard is it for Dwayne to show up and ad-lib the same promo he's been doing for 20 years to fill 15 minutes? Probably not very.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh my Top Ten ain't too good. Requires a lot of work and decisions to be made. Fuck. So here's ten people I really enjoy from the past.

1. Psicosis - My favorite luchador of all time. Changed how I felt about wrestling. Great theme too.

2. Arn Anderson - Obvs

3. "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert - Unbelievable heel. I don't talk about him much because most people don't know much about him, since he was in a smaller area at a big time, but he was absolutely magnificent at what he did. A+ heel.

4. Ted DiBiase - He was pretty much perfect. Great look for what he was. Was able to do anything. Had the crowd in the palm of his hand every time.

5. Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy - A true natural in every sense of the word. Taken too soon

6. Tully Blanchard - most people remember him as a horseman and that's fine, but his singles stuff really shone in my opinion

7. Superstar Billy Graham - Loved his work. Just absolutely loved it. He set the prototype (and even then he ripped off some things from others, as wrestling is) and was a defining figure of the 70s into the 80s. Larger than life. Amazing guy.

8. Jerry Lawler - He did so much, so incredibly much. His Memphis work is basically peerless. Incredible how he ran that whole area, never mind the WWE revisionist history. He really was Memphis.

9. Junkyard Dog - His pre-WWF stuff was fantastic, before he ended his run with WWF. He was involved in all manner of hot stuff (not Eddie) and was absolutely a superstar, he had IT. Everyone loved that goddamned man.

10. Jumbo Tsuruta - A trailblazer, and an underappreciated guy. His transitions and in-ring were absolutely goddamned impeccable, a lot of creativity in very rote moves that set him apart from the rest. He's a goddamned legend.

shanafan

My all-time would be..

1) Shane McMahon
2) Chris Benoit
3) Chris Jericho
4) Mr. Perfect
5) Seth Rollins
6) Steve Austin
7) CM Punk
8) Rob Van Dam
9) Shawn Michaels
10)
Jeff Jarrett

Honorable Mention: Ted Dibiase

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Need some pre-Adorable Adrian Adonis in your list.

He was really freaking good! I watched a match someone (not sure if it was you or Boots) posted on that other forum and it was fantastic. WWF really made him the butt of so much.

Angry Grimace

Michaels maybe, since he trained him.

IDK, basically any old legend because all of them as far as I could tell were big DB marks.

They aren't really in danger of ever running out of guys the way they do it. They just induct random people whose name you remember plus 1 big marquee guy every year.

Zach

These Top 10s are hilarious. It's strange being the only non-gimmick poster around here, but I accept the cross.

Hey, Data. Is The Hulkster in your Top 100?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
These Top 10s are hilarious. It's strange being the only non-gimmick poster around here, but I accept the cross.

What gimmick was mine, pal?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Hulkster might be in the top 25 for me, brother.
Come on now, Miz made him who he is.

Miz trained him about as much as Michaels did. Regal trained Bryan. Michaels took Bryan's money and let him use his gym and that's about it

kiguel182

He said that he had always been told AJ vs. heel Jericho was going to be a singles match on the WM card, but that Jericho turning heel was so obvious they had to 'swerve the swerve.'

But we already saw that match three times? Ugh, talk about over-exposure. Why not have just the first match and build from there?

Zach

What gimmick was mine, pal?

Psicosis at #1. You know that's outrageous. I admit that I'm speaking from ignorance, in that I've never seen the man outside of The Big Three, and I'm guessing (hoping?) he was big time in Mexico or something. But still, Psicosis didn't transcend nothin'. I'm getting hot about this whole situation.

Hulkster might be in the top 25 for me, brother.

A-ha! Not Scott Steiner after all, now are you?

Angry Grimace

My guess is that I could put together their Hall of Fames for the next decade without anyone questioning it at all given the formula is so easy (and since its all kayfabe anyways who cares)

1) The one actual main eventer people like (Daniel Bryan)
2) Guy people definitely remember but maybe he wasn't so great (say, Bam Bam Bigelow)
3) Random Tag Team or Stable, particularly when it has someone too controversial to individually induct (uh, Demolition. The Hart Foundation. Degeneration-X.)
4) Random Female Wrestler
5) Really Old Guy that's not in the Hall and possibly didn't work for WWE
6) Celebrity who appeared at one event (LT)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1. Terry Funk
2. Terry Funk
3. Terry Funk
4. Terry Funk
5. Terry Funk
6. Terry Funk
7. Terry Funk
8. Terry Funk
9. Terry Funk
10. Funk, Funk, and Florida

Caderfix

Psicosis at #1. You know that's outrageous. I admit that I'm speaking from ignorance, in that I've never seen the man outside of The Big Three, and I'm guessing (hoping?) he was big time in Mexico or something. But still, Psicosis didn't transcend nothin'. I'm getting hot about this whole situation.

But it's based in his/her personal preference, isn't it? He might not be a gigantic name like Hogan, but this doesn't change the fact that, on personal level, Vince enjoyed Psicosis more than the other guys.

Someone can honestly say that Finlay is their favorite of all time, and that wouldn't be gimmick posting, just personal preference for a character/performer.

Sorry if you're just having fun, I can't tell what's real in this community anymore lol

EDIT:
I'm just playing, Sensitive Sam. Jeez. Post that Top 10, pal.

See? :/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Well, he was MY favorite and changed my life. So, it is what it is. If you give me a list of matches involving everyone in the list, I'll pick the Psicosis match first ten times out of ten. I always want to see him.

Tonight's LU

The Mack vs Marty the Moth
Cage vs Mundo
Pentagon vs Puma vs Mil for the LU title

That three way...oooo-weeeeee

Zach

But it's based in his/her personal preference, isn't it? He might not be a gigantic name like Hogan, but this doesn't change the fact that, on personal level, Vince enjoyed Psicosis more than the other guys.

Someone can honestly say that Finlay is their favorite of all time, and that wouldn't be gimmick posting, just personal preference for a character/performer.

Sorry if you're just having fun, I can't tell what's real in this community anymore lol

His opinion is his alone, and right to him. But I'm calling shenanigans and willing to fist-fight over it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Juventud is great

Juvi was absolutely incredible in those WCW shows. Especially when he and Disco Inferno had to do the La Cucaracha gimmick. I'll always stan for Juvi due to his ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL good looks, because he's fucking gorgeous and nobody else agrees, but he was a ton of fun to watch as well.

Verendus

Banned
Hold on a second there friend. Did you actually read his post before you started complaining about gimmick top tens? Because, right there, in the very first line are these magical things called words:
Ugh my Top Ten ain't too good. Requires a lot of work and decisions to be made. Fuck. So here's ten people I really enjoy from the past.
I highlighted it in case it was difficult to read.

If you're getting hot over this, then I think it's time for a tag team match. It's you, and a partner of your choosing, against Sunny and Psicosis.

Zach

Well, he was MY favorite and changed my life. So, it is what it is. If you give me a list of matches involving everyone in the list, I'll pick the Psicosis match first ten times out of ten. I always want to see him.

Well now you have to tell us how he changed your life.

Hold on a second there friend.

Did you actually read his post before you started complaining about gimmick top tens? Because, right there, in the very first line are these magical things called words:

I highlighted it in case it was difficult to read.

Thanks. I had some trouble making it out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well now you have to tell us how he changed your life.

He made me spend time watching luchadors in WCW, which was my entry point, and made me fall in love with lucha culture. I ended up going to Mexico for a couple years based primarily on the love I had for lucha, met a girl down there, fell in love, got married. It really changed my life.

Zach

He made me spend time watching luchadors in WCW, which was my entry point, and made me fall in love with lucha culture. I ended up going to Mexico for a couple years based primarily on the love I had for lucha, met a girl down there, fell in love, got married. It really changed my life.

You're a divorcee?

Top Bottom