• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
WM_10_08R_VTRIX.jpg

BLOOOOOOD_Hart_SCSA_WM13--23_VTX.jpg

WM09_04051993tb_004.jpg

Hart_SCSA_WM13--15.jpg

Lunchbox

Banned
Speaking of HHH/Taker, lets say that in some alternate universe, HHH ends up winning against Taker. What would your responses be? I just have a weird feeling that it will happen. :|

they should bring back flair, orton, brotista and make them interfere evoution 02-05 style

and then have a celebration party the next night and bury the whole roster like good old days

http://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/gallery_photo/photo/image/2011/10/WM_10_08R_VTRIX.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/gallery_photo/photo/image/2011/11/BLOOOOOOD_Hart_SCSA_WM13--23_VTX.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/gallery_photo/photo/image/2011/11/Hart_SCSA_WM13--15.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Good, but not as good as Dwayne's Sharp Shooter.

Anyone ever have floor seats to a WWE TV show? I have a good opportunity to get a pair for me and the girlfriend (she's a huge Randy Orton and Big Show fan), but they're row "FFF" which from what I gather is "Row 6 floor". It's on TV side, but not straight on ringside. It's the diagonal section between "i'm on TV the entire show" and the announcer section.

What is it like seeing things on the floor? I've only really had nose-bleeds for live events.

I don't wanna drop a benji on each ticket and basically be shuffled off into the corner.

Wrestlemania 19 was by far the best booked of them all. 5 matches were over 17 minutes in length... goes to show what you can do when you don't have 20 backstage segments and ridiculous entrances.

It won't happen, but if it did, I would seriously consider stop watching altogether. I always said I would after Taker & Kane retire, but that would piss me off to stop right then and there.

I would probably stop watching WWE at least. It'd be such an ego trip by the guy who will soon be running everything.... that I just couldn't deal with it.
I'm leading to the same direction also. I said I'd quit watching wrestling a while ago once Taker retires/Taker loses his WM match, but that changed throughout the years. If someone like HHH ends up winning though, I'll probably quit too.

I'd be annoyed, HHH is the last person hat needs to end this legendary streak, and they've built this up so much that a newcomer being built up probably wouldn't be bought either, they should just keep it 20-0.
I'm hoping they keep it 20-0 too.

Well since they're the last two of their breed I can't think of anyone else I'd rather see Undertaker lose to.

Maybe Goldust?
How about Kane? A good way to end both careers.

they should bring back flair, orton, brotista and make them interfere evoution 02-05 style

and then have a celebration party the next night and bury the whole roster like good old days
I like the way you think. :p

Lunchbox

Banned
Anyone ever have floor seats to a WWE TV show? I have a good opportunity to get a pair for me and the girlfriend (she's a huge Randy Orton and Big Show fan), but they're row "FFF" which from what I gather is "Row 6 floor". It's on TV side, but not straight on ringside. It's the diagonal section between "i'm on TV the entire show" and the announcer section.

What is it like seeing things on the floor? I've only really had nose-bleeds for live events.

I don't wanna drop a benji on each ticket and basically be shuffled off into the corner.
floor seats are terrible unless its the first few rows

otherwise you will have to stand the entire show to see anything. had 7th row floor seats and my neck was hurting halfway through trying to look over peoples heads. get bleacher seats if possible, even the the ones back a section from the tv area are much better

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

If it meant the theme song came back with it, then it would have to happen

Does anyone else subscribe to Classics On Demand? Totally worth the 8 bucks a month. This month has Wrestle War 92 and Wrestlemania 5. I love the contantly rotating older shows too.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah. It was still better than BikerTaker though.

I thought it'd go up from there but nah... still creatively stagnant 6 years later.
BikerTaker was great. Way better than this slow moving, horrendous promo reciting Taker we have now. Taker doesn't even know how to do promos anymore. It's like he's not sure what his gimmick allows him to say, or how to say it. He just says everything in a slow, brooding fashion that puts you to sleep.

It's kind of funny to think of Undertaker vs. Kane as the main event of WM20. I think I'd ask for a refund if that was how it was all beginning again.

By the way, I was really hoping the Undertaker cutting his hair was going to lead to BikerTaker, but I guess it was not to be.

BikerTaker was great. Way better than this slow moving, horrendous promo reciting Taker we have now. Taker doesn't even know how to do promos anymore. It's like he's not sure what his gimmick allows him to say, or how to say it. He just says everything in a slow, brooding fashion that puts you to sleep.

You mean like a physical hail?

I think your forgetting how terrible and grating "your in my yard, boy" BikerTaker got.

First couple years were alright but then it got awful fast.

You could tell that Taker really liked the Biker shit though. He actually seemed like he was having fun. He could say shit and make facial expressions that he couldn't do before.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think your forgetting how terrible and grating "your in my yard, boy" BikerTaker got.

First couple years were alright but then it got awful fast.
I'll admit that it did get bad, and I actually wanted the old Taker back after a certain point. However, this is not the old Taker. This Taker is just a horrible mesh of Deadman Taker, sort of biker Taker, and some MMA guy. BikerTaker towards its end was stuck on SD! with no one to feud with (A-Train? Big Show? Fucking FBI?)

BikerTaker could talk, though, which is something this one can't do.

MIKEAL

Banned
You could tell that Taker really liked the Biker shit though. He actually seemed like he was having fun. He could say shit and make facial expressions that he couldn't do before.

And came out to limp bizkit not even giving a shit what people thought. The major downside to biker taker was he in a way was responsible for destroying the character of DDP

Anth0ny

Mark Calaway looks and talks a lot more like Biker Taker than Deadman Taker, lol. I'm sure a lot of those promos came much more natural to him.

The only way I can see HHH winning the match at Wrestlemania is if it is to turn him into a Mega-corporate heel character for the remainder of his career. It is kind of like how the Montreal screwjob made Vince a notoriously villainous character in the WWE. Have him be the one who insisted to end the streak even though no one else wanted to, or have him pay off the referee or something like that.

Aside from that, I do not see them having HHH end the streak for any other reason.

Mark Calaway looks and talks a lot more like Biker Taker than Deadman Taker, lol. I'm sure a lot of those promos came much more natural to him.

It would be so funny if he still talked like Deadman Taker in real life though. :p

This is probably the reason why he didn't like the Ministry of Darkness gimmick. I wouldn't mind Taker making a return with the biker gimmick. I wonder why he still hasn't done that.

The only way I can see HHH winning the match at Wrestlemania is if it is to turn him into a Mega-corporate heel character for the remainder of his career. It is kind of like how the Montreal screwjob made Vince a notoriously villainous character in the WWE. Have him be the one who insisted to end the streak even though no one else wanted to, or have him pay off the referee or something like that.

Aside from that, I do not see them having HHH end the streak for any other reason.

It would be so funny if he still talked like Deadman Taker in real life though. :p

I feel like if the streak ends, it has to be the main event. Cena and Rock are going last this year, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom