• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

I like! Fun Fact..I watched that PPV live. Even my young stupid self thought.... "For Real?"

LOL Good times. When I was like 5-6 when WWF came out on saturdays or sundays or whatever, I used to think wrestlers were special people with super strength.

Ultratech

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/428131_10150608417921328_71739451327_9303314_1536625307_n.jpg[IMG]

This is asking for something to be added to it.....not sure what, but it's a good reaction image.[/QUOTE]

Hmm....

"Really?"

"I don't give a shit."

Uh...that's all I can come up with right now. Brain is not the greatest in the morning.

atomsk

Party Pooper
so the June TBD ppv is in NJ, and then Hell in a Cell is October in Philly

haven't been to a ppv since Royal Rumble 2000

RBH

wwe-superstars-logo.jpg

WWE Superstars 3/1/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pjs61dYiGA

Beth Phoenix vs. Alicia Fox
Great Khali vs. Jinder Mahal
Santino Marella vs. Curt Hawkins

krae_man

Anyone ever have floor seats to a WWE TV show? I have a good opportunity to get a pair for me and the girlfriend (she's a huge Randy Orton and Big Show fan), but they're row "FFF" which from what I gather is "Row 6 floor". It's on TV side, but not straight on ringside. It's the diagonal section between "i'm on TV the entire show" and the announcer section.

What is it like seeing things on the floor? I've only really had nose-bleeds for live events.

I don't wanna drop a benji on each ticket and basically be shuffled off into the corner.

I hate being in the corner. Looking through the turnbuckle/ringpost the entire match is not fun. But then again, maybe I'm spoiled.

G-Fex

Amazing that we're still sick of this annoying child entertainer after 7 years and not once did they do anything to change him.

It'll be a glorious day when he finally retires

So within 7 years his merchandise hasn't gone down one bit?

atomsk

Party Pooper
Wait, what? I thought it was supposed to be in TO? Or was that July's?
updated list of WWE pay-per-views sent out to media affiliates this week

* WrestleMania 28 – April 1st – Miami, FL
* Extreme Rules – April 29th – Chicago, IL
* Over The Limit – May 20th – Raleigh, NC
* TBD – June 17th – East Rutherford, NJ
* Money in the Bank – July 15th – Phoenix, AZ
* SummerSlam – August 19th – Los Angeles, CA
* Night of Champions – September 23rd – Dallas, TX
* Hell in a Cell – October 21st – Philadelphia, PA
* Survivor Series – November 18th – Phoenix, AZ
* TBD – December 16th – Memphis, TN

Linkified

The one in December is supposed to be Bragging Rights according to a Sky rentention officer. So I would take it TLC is in June.

They're still continuing with the MITB PPV? I guess that confirms the Johnny Ace/Teddy Long Tag Team match at Wrestlemania.

I'm thinking we should watch double shot and triple shot weekends on Saturday. Single show weekends could remain on Fridays though. I'm hoping we get these for next weekend.

Sounds good to me, gives us a nice block of wrassling regardless. Hopefully they're out by monday our tuesday!

HHH getting paid

- WWE recently published their 10-K report, and in the report there are details on a renewed wrestler contract with Triple H. Here are the details on his new deal…

* The deal runs from January 1st, 2012 through March 30th, 2016.
* He will be paid, "Minimum Annual Compensation" of $1 million for each year under contract.
* He is limited to 180 days a year, unless both sides agree on more dates.
* In addition to a non-compete with other wrestling companies, he can not appear for any "martial arts" company while under contract.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/227307/Triple-H-Signs-New-Deal-With-WWE.htm

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Great. Just what we need. Four more years of HHH ruining every great angle the company has by inserting himself into places he's not wanted.

That was surprisingly sexual by the end there.

Vinces hatred of Toronto rears it's ugly head again. They keep changing their minds on where they are hosting that PPV and what they are even going to call it.

At least Toronto still gets a PPV semi-regularly.
The rest of Canada isn't given that courtesy

Is he paid different salaries for being a wrestler and his production duties?

Gestahl

now that time has pass can dream post the observer again? or is that stepping to far

Yeah when I said I didn't give a shit if dream kept posting observer newsletters, just that posting the thing wholesale was a bit tacky, to dream directly in this thread that actually meant the exact opposite of the words posted.

We need some more pics of the Bellas. I love them, Brie more specifically. I think she even lives in NYC so I might have a chance....(yes I would let her pee on me all she wants)

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't know, it sounds like fun to me,
plus Kane might get an actual WM match instead of being lobbed in a multi man brawl for the umpteenth time.
Yeah, but it's clear he's jobbing.
It's just like Glenn Jacobs. He's going to spend the last year or so of his career putting as many people over as he can. Thanks for caring about the business Glenn. :(

What's that now, 3-4 weeks of good Impact episodes? This is madness. Yeah Zema Ion is kinda annoying in the wrong way, yeah it's dumb they're using Sorensen's injury to get Ion heat, and yeah the Garrett Bischoff stuff is still terrible. but damn if Bully Ray/Roode/Aries/Storm/Magnus/Joe/Sting/Styles don't keep it entertaining enough to carry the show.

Yeah it was a good show. Only complaint is too much time was given to the women. I do not need 2 women's matches on one Impact. More Aries is always a good thing. And we got a missing Abyss angle which could be interesting. What was up at the beginning with Kurt Angle and those index cards? He was acting gonzo.

We need some more pics of the Bellas. I love them, Brie more specifically. I think she even lives in NYC so I might have a chance....(yes I would let her pee on me all she wants)
Will you stop? It's time I made a phone call to a person with red text. I like japanese animation, so duckroll will listen to me.

Yeah when I said I didn't give a shit if dream kept posting observer newsletters, just that posting the thing wholesale was a bit tacky, to dream directly in this thread that actually meant the exact opposite of the words posted.
So if he posted the Observer along with a few sparkling animations and maybe used a different color for the text to compliment the sparkling animations, would that be okay with you officer?

I don't know, it sounds like fun to me,
plus Kane might get an actual WM match instead of being lobbed in a multi man brawl for the umpteenth time.
That's good, actually.
But, we all know who's going to come out on top.

Yeah, but it's clear he's jobbing.
It's just like Glenn Jacobs. He's going to spend the last year or so of his career putting as many people over as he can. Thanks for caring about the business Glenn. :(
He's going on a mission to put over WWE's top faces, what a guy. He'd make good Sheamus fodder somewhere down the line if need be.

I'll never forgive Kane for cementing Chavo in jobber status at Wrestlemania 24

Kane can put over many people but not Chavo, no one can successfully get Chavo over, not even being part of the fabled Smackdown six of 2002 could save him and that's why he was victim to Hornswoggle for like an entire year.

NoDQ.com said:
Pro Wrestling Torch reports Mark Henry may be on his way out of WWE.

On the December 12, 2011 episode of Raw, Henry pulled his groin during a match against John Cena. Testing done during the week revealed that the injury was more severe than was originally believed. The majority of WWE's creative forces wanted to give him an easier schedule for a few weeks to let the injury heal. Vince McMahon, however, was described as being less than sympathetic to Henry's plight and decided to have him lose the World Heavyweight Championship to Daniel Bryan the following week at TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs. McMahon didn't think Henry should have taken time off to heal and pushed him to continue making his scheduled dates. This has led to frustration on Henry's part.

Henry's contract with WWE is set to expire this year and the Torch says that tension could have led Henry to not renew, thus explaining why he's losing the majority of his television matches.
Damn. He's one of the actual "big guys" that I would actually prefer having in the ring unlike Ezekiel Jackson and Mason Ryan.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He's going on a mission to put over WWE's top faces, what a guy. He'd make good Sheamus fodder somewhere down the line if need be.
It's just sad cause no one else does it. Taker, HHH, HBK, none of these guys put people over on their way out. Hell, I'm sure Big Show will probably be squashing people on his way out. Glenn is a great guy (even with his questionable politics, lol), and I wish more guys viewed the business like he does.

Damn. He's one of the actual "big guys" that I would actually prefer having in the ring unlike Ezekiel Jackson and Mason Ryan.
Mark Henry made a fantastic turn around last year that I would never have expected, it's a shame to see how fast they've had him fall down the ranks since his title reign, but that's pretty much how it goes for the WWE big men wrestlers.
Though him leaving soon probably isn't that bad if it does happen because he's likely to fall back into the role of jobbing just like the last few years if he stays.

This makes me realize that Henry, Show, Kane and Taker are very much near the end of their permanent WWE tenures (though I probably could have said this 5 years ago as well) and WWE has no good big men left to fill the void, damn it Umaga why did you have to pop your clogs?!

It's just sad cause no one else does it. Taker, HHH, HBK, none of these guys put people over on their way out. Hell, I'm sure Big Show will probably be squashing people on his way out. Glenn is a great guy (even with his questionable politics, lol), and I wish more guys viewed the business like he does.

Big show is pretty good for putting people over as well, not as good but he takes the losses as the Rhodes storyline is currently highlighting.
As long as Taker is in deadman form he's never putting anyone over, I think the few years of Biker Taker alone one up the rest of his entire career as far as helping the upcoming talent goes, I guess the Deadman gimmick has too much mystique to be handily defeated by say Ziggler for example so WWE keep him well protected
HBK could have done more, he seemed to always put over champions as opposed to people on the way up, HHH is HHH so yeah, no such luck there bar a few WM main events.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Big show is pretty good for putting people over as well, not as good but he takes the losses as the Rhodes storyline is currently highlighting.
As long as Taker is in deadman form he's never putting anyone over, I think the few years of Biker Taker alone one up the rest of his entire career as far as helping the upcoming talent goes, I guess the Deadman gimmick has too much mystique to be handily defeated by say Ziggler for example so WWE keep him well protected
HBK could have done more, he seemed to always put over champions as opposed to people on the way up, HHH is HHH so yeah, no such luck there bar a few WM main events.
I can't remember BikerTaker putting anyone over with the exception of Lesnar and Stone Cold, honestly. Big Show sucks, no one cares who he puts over, lol. I bet HHH & HBK think putting over Cena counts, lol. Hell, even Edge didn't put anyone over, but he had an abrupt end so I won't count it.

It's just Jericho and Kane that put people over, really, and they don't care, because they know they'll be over huge, no matter what. I think some of these guys are just huge marks for themselves, and think winning and losing actually matter. You're at the end of your career, and no one will really care about you ten years from now. Your legacy is cemented, and will essentially be determined by how the WWE chooses to market and remember you, not your win/loss record. At least I can say that Taker put over Kane huge three straight times, which has NEVER happened in Taker's career previously. Lose against an opponent three straight times? Unheard of for him.

Gestahl

Will you stop? It's time I made a phone call to a person with red text. I like japanese animation, so duckroll will listen to me.

So if he posted the Observer along with a few sparkling animations and maybe used a different color for the text to compliment the sparkling animations, would that be okay with you officer?

That's good, actually.
But, we all know who's going to come out on top.

Yes saying posting the entirety of a subscriber newsletter at once is a bit tasteless or tacky is exactly the same as wanting high-end production values in someone's posts okay

Brinbe

Damn, that really sucks. Cut off and then leaves just as he found his groove with a great gimmick that really suited him. Same type of thing that happened with Brotista, just without the injury.

Kane was 100% ruined when he started jobbing to Snitsky. Gene Fucking Snitsky. The first time I saw Snistky I thought he was one of those local jobbers that WWF use to hire in the 80's/90's during WWF Superstars.

And I thought everyone hated biker Taker. I don't know a single person that liked that generic DOA gimmick. Ministry Taker was the most interesting Taker, but old skool grey taker was my fav.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What are you talking about? He won the damn match, lol. Don't give me that, "you don't have to lose to put someone over" crap. Besides, it was only about a year previously that Taker was SQUASHING the whole Hardy Boyz. Hell, I remember he no sold a kick to the nuts by Lita, lol.
host said:
Kane was 100% ruined when he started jobbing to Snitsky. Gene Fucking Snitsky. The first time I saw Snistky I thought he was one of those local jobbers that WWF use to hire in the 80's/90's during WWF Superstars.
To be fair, he only lost to him once, and that was so he could have an excuse to get knee surgery and film See No Evil. After he returned, he beat Snitsky like three times straight, and even squashed him in ONE minute a year later. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYXAV33RZs0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom