• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
#PrayForCena

#1 Trending Topic on Twitter.

Vince has just creamed his pants. A wrestler is trending not during an Episode of Raw/Smackdown.

Aiii

So not worth it
#PrayForCena

#1 Trending Topic on Twitter.

Vince has just creamed his pants. A wrestler is trending not during an Episode of Raw/Smackdown.

Well that's just great, that means Cole won't shut up about it tonight.

Though this happens more then once, Ryder got several things to trend off-air.

Does anyone know verbatum the opening to all WWE shows.

"yes folks we promised you"
"classy Freddie Blassie"

"Andre The Giant"

"If you smelllllllllllllllllll give me a hell yeah the champ is here"

A new chapter from Brett Buchanan's free e-book, The Genesis of TNA, has been released at www.TNABook.net. New chapters are released every Monday. One of the new chapters highlights "Macho Man" Randy Savage's brief TNA stint in the final months of 2004.

In it, former TNA employee Bill Behrens talks about how unprofessional Savage was and how extremely difficult it was to work with him during his short stay in TNA.

Kevin Nash and Scott Hall were not the only talent to debut at Victory Road, the show closed with the debut of “Macho Man” Randy Savage. Savage wound up only staying in TNA for one month but he made quite the impression backstage. Savage first quit the day after he debuted only to return the next week; he was also rumored to have turned down a fight with Hulk Hogan backstage at Victory Road and hired a bodyguard after the incident. At Turning Point 2004 Savage was set to team up with Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles against the Kings of Wrestling, but the Kings kidnapped him before the match. Savage eventually ran out at the tail end of the match in a long sleeve shirt looking out of shape, he threw some weak punches and put Jeff Jarrett in a headlock before falling down on him and pinning him.

BILL BEHRENS: First of all Randy is extremely limited and he drank all day. The first time I had to send him to the ring I literally had to help him up the ramp, he just had to be seen at the end of the show, that’s all we needed. I’m trying to get a cue from the truck when because I know he’s not going to get out there easily. I literally finally just called the cue myself because I knew it was going to take him awhile because once he was at the top of the ramp I couldn’t walk him out. I had to hope he could get out there himself. He did that spot then he did an in ring spot where he couldn’t hit his own moves and he couldn’t throw a punch bless his heart. Then after that he was supposed to do another spot an actual match, and he went to Jerry Jarrett and said I won’t do it unless I win the title. Jerry Jarrett talked to him and talked to him and then left the meeting came to me and said: this man is insane. That pretty much was the end of Randy’s run.

I only had to deal with him once he got to the go area and that was enough of a challenge. The rest of the time he would stay with Bruno and Tilly, who eventually joined the company with some kind of hookup where they used to bring a big trailer gimmick. The stars, particularly the most dysfunctional stars, would go in that and pretty much just drink. Randy was one of the guys that did that, so his run was bad all the way around. It made it clear that there wasn’t going to be the good, final run that Randy Savage would have in wrestling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-aej2waJ9Y

Kaladin

TMZ said:
John Cena was involved in a car crash today -- the fomer WWE champ was rear-ended by a tractor trailer, but we're told he's ok and his epic upcoming fight with The Rock is not in jeopardy.

Cena was traveling in an SUV in Philadelphia when he was hit. We're told he is going to get checked out but right now it doesn't seem he was injured ... although signs of whiplash often don't show up for a day or two.

Cena is set to face off with The Rock on April 1 -- and the match has become one of the most anticipated in wrestling history.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/19/jon-cene-car-accident-the-rock-wwe-crash/

So this is what WWE does instead of an injury angle so Cena has something to sell during the biggest match in WM history.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Does anyone know verbatum the opening to all WWE shows.

"yes folks we promised you"
"classy Freddie Blassie"

"Andre The Giant"

"If you smelllllllllllllllllll give me a hell yeah the champ is here"

"yes folks we promised you a great..."
"Gorgeous George..."
"Freddie Blassie, the maker of champions..."
"ANDRE THE GIANT!"
"Wrestlemania!"
"Everyone has a price!"
"Well, ladies and gentlemen, it is electric..."
"IF YA SMELLLL"
"You're fired!"
"Gimme a hell yeah!"
BOONGGGGG
"The champ is here!"

Kaladin

TMZ has photos....

QHrGf.jpg

W8HDr.jpg

Anth0ny

"Gorgeous George..."
"ANDRE THE GIANT!"
"Wrestlemania!"
"Everyone has a price!"
"IF YA SMELLLL"
"You're fired!"
"Gimme a hell yeah!"
BOONGGGGG
"The champ is here!"

LOL I heard each distinct voice in my head reading this.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Also, it's nice that they finally put CM Punk in the signature at the start of the show like he was complaining about that fateful night, lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey everyone! Boy, feels good going back to 100 posts per page...

I've missed you all!
GwSrY.jpg

jmdajr

Cena was in the SUV, probably a WWE rental or a WWE owned transport vehicle.

Oh ok makes sense. Was confused for a second.

edit: unrelated

Nash on a possible TNA return: "I have a fifteen year old son, and at this point my son needs a Dad more than the world needs a wrestler. The thing that makes TNA work for me is that first of all I have way more friends there than in WWE. I made some friends once I came there - Punk and I got along wel me and Ziggler got along well and I got a chance to hang out with John Cena – but my crew of guys that are still in the business are more the TNA guys.

Guzim

"Gorgeous George..."
"ANDRE THE GIANT!"
"Wrestlemania!"
"Everyone has a price!"
"IF YA SMELLLL"
"You're fired!"
"Gimme a hell yeah!"
BOONGGGGG
"The champ is here!"

I just love that each one of those quotes is said with emotion with the exception of "Well, ladies and gentlemen, it is electric."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Gorgeous George..."
"ANDRE THE GIANT!"
"Wrestlemania!"
"Everyone has a price!"
"IF YA SMELLLL"
"You're fired!"
"Gimme a hell yeah!"
BOONGGGGG
"The champ is here!"

Can you quote an old one from like, 2006 and see how much it has changed?

"Gorgeous George..."
"ANDRE THE GIANT!"
"Wrestlemania!"
"Everyone has a price!"
"IF YA SMELLLL"
"You're fired!"
"Gimme a hell yeah!"
BOONGGGGG
"The champ is here!"

Thanks man. This has to be our hype theme, like we do with botchamania. "Ive been in the danger zone"

f3niks

"Gorgeous George..."
"ANDRE THE GIANT!"
"RUSTLEmania!"
"Everyone has a price!"
"IF YA SMELLLL"
"You're fired!"
"Gimme a hell yeah!"
BOONGGGGG
"The champ is here!"

:p I have a hard time trying to figure out if I like this or the Botchamania one better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
wait, did you get squashed by Kane and had to leave?

I got squashed in Gaming Side (which I will not return to) and got a little heated.

Speaking of, where's Heavy? Last I heard he hadn't washed his balls in a few days...? Is this true?

G-Fex

I got squashed in Gaming Side (which I will not return to) and got a little heated.

Speaking of, where's Heavy? Last I heard he hadn't washed his balls in a few days...? Is this true?

Well Gaming side is garbage so never venture there Sunflower, I used to tell my old thread friends that but I don't care about that certain thread anymore.

Heavy left.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well Gaming side is garbage so never venture there Sunflower, I used to tell my old thread friends that but I don't care about that certain thread anymore.

Heavy left.

I knew not to bother with Gaming side. I did it anyway. Glutton for punishment.

Heavy didn't leave. He couldn't. How could he? I miss Heavy, but man, some of his posts got kinda weird when asses began...

evil ways

A new chapter from Brett Buchanan's free e-book, The Genesis of TNA, has been released at www.TNABook.net. New chapters are released every Monday. One of the new chapters highlights "Macho Man" Randy Savage's brief TNA stint in the final months of 2004.

In it, former TNA employee Bill Behrens talks about how unprofessional Savage was and how extremely difficult it was to work with him during his short stay in TNA.

Doesn't look that bad to me. A bit slower perhaps.

Those backstage at Raw said John Cena arrived definitely not looking 100%. He was reportedly holding his neck and walking gingerly. The WWE Insider Twitter account also reported (for some reason) that he walked in holding his neck.

He is being evaluated by WWE doctors as we speak.

Vince has got to be crying.

Kaladin

George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler is in talks to join “The X Factor” as negotiations continue with Britney Spears to be a judge on the upcoming season.

We are told that actress, model and former professional wrestler Keibler is in secret talks to join Simon Cowell’s Fox show.

The move comes after Paula Abdul and Nicole Sherzinger were fired, along with host Steve Jones, in January.

A source close to the show told us, “Talks are still ongoing with Britney, and she is asking for a lot more money, than was originally offered. But producers are confident Britney will realize this is a great opportunity for her to reinvent herself and accept their deal.”

Another source added, “Stacy Keibler is also in talks to join the show, but her lack of experience in the music business may make her more appropriate as a host. She looks fantastic and has bags of charisma.”

Producers are still searching for two stars to fill the two vacant seats next to LA Reid and Cowell. Spears was reportedly offered around $10 million to join the judging panel for “The X Factor USA,” but talks reached a deadlock when she demanded as much as $20 million.
Cowell said last week about Britney, “You’ll have to wait and see. I can’t confirm or deny anything right now. The truth is, we are talking to a number of people.”

Cowell added, “We are looking at a very famous singer and one very famous actress.” And in a move that may help Keibler land a hosting role, he continued, “I always wanted a boy and a girl to host the show. And I like hosts who don’t kind of have a hosting background . . . it’s a different kind of dynamic.”

“Glee” star Darren Criss was reportedly offered but declined the hosting job because of his busy schedule.

Auditions are already under way for Season 2, but the start date has not been announced. An “X Factor” spokeswoman refused to confirm or comment on any speculation.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/stacy_joins_factor_race_ZouEbq0OdgI2g3cALsh9TN#ixzz1pagMqiHX

Who knew George Clooney had more stroke than Vince McMahon?

G-Fex

I knew not to bother with Gaming side. I did it anyway. Glutton for punishment.

Heavy didn't leave. He couldn't. How could he? I miss Heavy, but man, some of his posts got kinda weird when asses began...

Yeah I do it sometimes. I fucking hate gaming side though. Go figure.

Heavy's gone supposedly, Kyofu was the last straw.

SMH @ Rock and some football player.

fucking steroid freaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom