• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cagey

Banned
Heavy posts on the ME3 Spoilers thread, so he's still kickin around.

Meanwhile.....

The Rock works out with the Philadelphia Eagles

427333_345601312144315_120163518021430_834234_2098130510_n.jpg

Hey look, it's a multiple time world champion... and the Philadelphia Eagles.

Aiii

So not worth it
Untitled-14_1_full.jpg

OH NO, CENA'S CHEVROLET EMBLEM!!

That's a bit disappointing really, I had expect at least a decent dent in that car of his after the first reports.

Kaladin

Untitled-14_1_full.jpg

OH NO, CENA'S CHEVROLET EMBLEM!!

That's a bit disappointing really, I had expect at least a decent dent in that car of his after the first reports.

Cena transfers his invincibility to anything he is touching at the moment. So even Cena's transport vehicle is invincible.

Kaladin

Meanwhile, in Ring of Honor.....

For the majority of their ROH careers, Adam Cole & Kyle O’Reilly have been synonymous with one another as the tag team Future Shock. They climbed the ranks together, battled for the World Tag Titles together against WGTT, and most fans thought they would eventually claim those belts together. But the closing months of 2011, and in particular the ROH World Title match between Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards at “Final Battle 2011” seemed to cause Kyle to drift closer to Team Richards.

Still, Future Shock battled as a team in the Tag Gauntlet that December night but were unsuccessful in their bid for a title shot when they were eliminated by the eventual winners, The Young Bucks. Yet with the dawn of the New Year, the wedge between the two men grew, and despite their tag team bout with WGTT at “The Homecoming 2012”, it seemed evident that they were not on the same page.

This notion was further cemented when Davey & Kyle united as a team to fight The House of Truth at “ROH Underground” in a match where the winner would receive a Tag Title Match. The newly christened Team Ambition successfully won that bout, but were not as fortunate at “Rise & Prove” when they lost to The Briscoes in said title match.

While Kyle’s focus turned towards his partnership with Davey, Eddie Edwards reached out to Adam Cole after Cole stepped up in his stead at “The Homecoming 2012” in the scheduled No Holds Barred match with Roderick Strong. Edwards, suffering from a serious staph infection, was ruled unable to compete by the doctors so Cole took the match upon himself. Adam lost in a brutal fight that saw Eddie get involved to stem the interference of Michael Elgin, but Cole’s effort earned a standing ovation from the notoriously critical Philly fans.

In the face of his dissolving partnership, as well as friendship, with O’Reilly, Cole accepted the offer of Edwards to form a duo of their own which ultimately led to the “Young Wolves Rising” tag team match that headlined the “10th Anniversary Event”: Edwards/Cole vs. Richards/O’Reilly. It was a special affair, especially for Adam & Kyle, made even more so when Adam pinned the ROH World Champion to win the match for his team! Following the bell, to the shock of many (no pun intended); Kyle refused to shake the hands of Eddie or Adam and flat out told his former partner that he did not respect him.

Then this week on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV, following Cole’s defeat of Chris Silvio, Kyle came out and issued the challenge for Adam to meet him, one-on-one, on March 31st. Cole readily accepted…

“I’m tired of Kyle’s whiny attitude to be honest.” said Cole to ROHWrestling.com, “Something changed with him over the last few months and I’m honestly not liking what I’m seeing. If this is the influence Team Richards has on you, then I am glad to have no part of it. It was one thing to not shake my hand in New York Kyle, I can understand being a bit frustrated after a loss, but to tell me you don’t respect me after everything we’ve been through, after the fights we’ve had together, that’s a whole new side of you, an ugly side at that. In Ft. Lauderdale, I’ll be glad to beat some respect into you if that’s what it takes to wake you up, to snap you out of whatever this is you’re going through.”

It’s O’Reilly vs. Cole at “Showdown in the Sun – Day 2”! Future Shock collides on March 31st at The War Memorial Auditorium!

I'm actually really looking forward to this match....

sits-coleoreilly.jpg

G-Fex

I bought The Thirteenth Hat. 2 Gigs? Must be long?

I'll watch it in a bit. Gotta make storylines right now though. Spindashing returns to action in NWA!

Kaladin

I'll watch it in a bit. Gotta make storylines right now though. Spindashing returns to action in NWA!

Chikara events are usually 2.5 hours long. I forget how long this one is though, should be around that mark.

G-Fex

Nothing wrong with being a Taker mark. I've been a Taker mark for 20 years.

There might be more masked wrestlers than unmasked. That's always a possibility with Chikara.

That's so cool. Masked wrestlers are the best.

Look at Mr. America!

But Cena is all natural right?

CENA IS NOT ON STEROIDS!

That's as absurd as saying Hulkster was on Steroids. WHICH HE WASNT! Pure Hulkamania brother.

jmdajr

When I turn 50 plus I'm going to be fucking jacked on HGH. Going to be fucking awesome!

EDIT: Everyone should see Bigger, Stronger, Faster on Netflix

edit edit: no longer on there :\

Good choice. Since its the season opener you'll know the current storylines and if you like what you see you only have to watch 2 more shows to be caught up. Any questions about storylines or characters then CHIKARA GAF is here to help.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright confessional time:

Guilty pleasure wrestler that you enjoy. Go!

Mine is Juventud Guerrera. He is a delight, though most people do not think so.

Runner-up: Horace Hogan.

G-Fex

Good choice. Since its the season opener you'll know the current storylines and if you like what you see you only have to watch 2 more shows to be caught up. Any questions about storylines or characters then CHIKARA GAF is here to help.

Bill I assure you with the Heart of the cards, that I promise to become the biggest damn Chikara Mark on here.

Scottify

Guilty Pleasure: Santino Marella. Wrassling doesn't have to always be serious with 5* matches. I also want to laugh and be entertained when I watch.

jmdajr

Alright confessional time:

Guilty pleasure wrestler that you enjoy. Go!

Mine is Juventud Guerrera. He is a delight, though most people do not think so.

Runner-up: Horace Hogan.

That's easy, Triple H!

Oh wait..I don't feel guilty at all.

If you give me a moment I'll think of someone.

Edit: maybe Ultimate Warrior. Years later I can see he wasn't as good as I thought but I still love that crazy Mofo. In recent memory I thought LayCool wasn't bad. People around here loved Layla(for mostly obvious reasons) but hated Michelle for fucking Taker. I never did. Hey why didn't Beth fuck the Dead Man? Don't know, but it's her loss.

You've done it now
You've gone and made a big mistake
and I can't allow, you to think you can just walk away
so turn around, and face the piper you're gonna pay
'cause the end is now
this is gonna be your judgement day

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

By the way, while I was out, sidelined from injury, I saw your sign on Raw. Truly amazing.

Kaladin

Guilty Pleasure: Santino Marella. Wrassling doesn't have to always be serious with 5* matches. I also want to laugh and be entertained when I watch.

That's what Colt Cabana is for.

It's David Otunga for me. I used to cringe every time I saw him on tv, now that he's got a gimmick he's comfortable with he's gold.

Cagey

Banned
That's what Colt Cabana is for.

It's David Otunga for me. I used to cringe every time I saw him on tv, now that he's got a gimmick he's comfortable with he's gold.

selfavatarquote.jpg

Otunga aside, current guilty pleasure would be Epico and Primo without Rosa. Sure, they have no personality and no character and are totally forgettable without Rosa gyrating, but I like how they have a classic tag-team style.

Guilty pleasure: Otunga.
"yes folks we promised you a great..."
"Gorgeous George..."
"Freddie Blassie, the maker of champions..."
"ANDRE THE GIANT!"
"Wrestlemania!"
"Everyone has a price!"
"Well, ladies and gentlemen, it is electric..."
"IF YA SMELLLL"
"You're fired!"
"Gimme a hell yeah!"
BOONGGGGG
"The champ is here!"

I'll always miss JR's "THE WORLD IS WATCHING" that used to be at the end of that.

People seem to be using different meanings for guilty pleasure so I'll go with:
Gregory Helms/Hurricane - I liked him when I was younger, before I learned that outside of Flair, nothing good comes from North Carolina
Jinder Mahal - Not a guilty pleasure, but I do seem to be his only supporter.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Goldberg could be the ultimate guilty pleasure wrestler. Well, if I enjoyed his work.

Aiii

So not worth it
Goldberg is my guilty pleasure.

Sorry, I was young, he was built as a beast and booked to steamroll everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom