• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit it I was a Goldberg mark.

You have to admit though, he was that rare case where they got the build right.

Nope.

Man, I hated Goldberg. When he first started showing up all I could think was that he was a baldheaded, goateed, black trunked, Stone Cold wannabe and it was so obvious. Didn't take long to realize he couldn't hold a candle to Steve Austin, even for someone as young as I was. Hated his music, hated the stupid chant, his two moves, the streak. Matches were pointless because you knew he would always win. The only good thing was that the matches were short.

I hated all the other marks my age because they bought into it. When WWF rolled out Gillberg, I thought, "Finally, someone gets it!".

I think I became a full fledged convert that week. Couldn't give a shit about WCW anymore.

PKPUI.png

Razorskin

----- ------
Heavy is such a big star here he doesn't even need to appear live in person.

Evilore probably has him signed to a legends contract.

bart jr

Neo Member
I'm watching Heatwave '98 right now with a friend(his first time seeing ECW), and I forgot how incredibly agile Mike Awesome was. I miss that guy. RIP

G-Fex

I don't see how Hogan could be a guilty pleasure. A guilty pleasure would be like saying you liked The Godfather or 1-2-3 Kid or something.

Ah ok, I'm proud to be a Hogan mark. I just rather forget his real life and stuff.

Godfather was so over of course everyone likes him.

T

Ithil

Ah ok, I'm proud to be a Hogan mark. I just rather forget his real life and stuff.

Godfather was so over of course everyone likes him.

T

Even without his constant bastardry in real life I don't like Hogan, he's so boring to watch in any match

Razorskin

----- ------
That reminds me, I saw a 1-2-3 kid vs Razor Ramon match a long time ago and at some point Razor removed the padding at some spot around the ring and Kid got up the turnbuckle and fell off and his head landed right on the exposed concrete. I was like bah gawd he's dead, but Kid got up and stole a bag of money from the ring. Then ran out of the ring and hopped into and car and drove off.

Kaladin

Yeah, that's all they could really do with him. What didn't seal it for me is Razor wasn't in some elite status. He never got that full circle push until the ladder match.

I wasn't even into the kid so much as it was like this jobber beating Razor Ramon back when they had jobber matches every week on RAW. They could have done it with anyone back then really since it was a glass ceiling for those guys.

Sanjuro

Even without his constant bastardry in real life I don't like Hogan, he's so boring to watch in any match

Hogan isn't perfect, I do think there are several wrestling fans who just bash him to sound cool. The guilty pleasure term just doesn't really apply to him. It's like a Chicago Bulls fan saying that Michael Jordan was a guilty pleasure. Just doesn't make sense.

I wasn't even into the kid so much as it was like this jobber beating Razor Ramon back when they had jobber matches every week on RAW. They could have done it with anyone back then really since it was a glass ceiling for those guys.

Was it actually on RAW? I thought it was on Superstars or something. Need to look that up again.

Ithil

Hogan isn't perfect, I do think there are several wrestling fans who just bash him to sound cool. The guilty pleasure term just doesn't really apply to him. It's like a Chicago Bulls fan saying that Michael Jordan was a guilty pleasure. Just doesn't make sense.

Nothing to do with that for me, I just don't like anything about him

WHATCHA GONNA DO ITHIL

YOU GOT A MATCH WITH THE HULKSTER TONIGHT!
Bring him on.
I've crushed him before and I'll do it again.

No one buries in NWA like Ithil.

Sanjuro

It was a RAW match where he first beat him. I remember it from the season 1+2 dvd.

Ah. Back then I didn't have cable. I remember when I briefly did it was Prime Time. Pretty much everything I watched was videotaped from a friend's black box, Saturday morning, or from WWF Magazine.

Life before the internets.

Kaladin

Ah. Back then I didn't have cable. I remember when I briefly did it was Prime Time. Pretty much everything I watched was videotaped from a friend's black box, Saturday morning, or from WWF Magazine.

Life before the internets.

They probably wrestled again on Superstars at some point. They kinda ran with that angle since it really took off.

Does anyone actually get WWE Magazine? It's hard to imagine anyone under 12 shelling out money for a keyfabe mag nowadays

Well, I think I just answered my own question.

steveovig

Why does this whole thread revolve around some geek named Heavy? Some of you obsess over this guy, get over it and stick to wrestling.

Heavy doesn't put anyone over.

Still, you got to respect steveovig. Dropping pipebombs and taking a shot at the most over poster in the thread to try an make a name for himself.

Most of the midcarders here are too busy walking on egg shells and being cautious not to ruffle any feathers because they're comfortable collecting a check. They don't want to risk making big moves to get themselves over because they don't feel it's worth it or are afraid of getting banned.

With 2 weeks left until Mania, shit has to go down tonight right? Supposedly the HHH/Undertaker/Michaels shit is supposed to go on last, so we will probably open with Cena or Punk?

Punk is gonna come out drunk then when Jericho confronts him about it he'll say HAH! GOT YOU I'M JUST ACTING!!!!!!! and then Jericho goes nooooooooooooo and then D-Bry and AJ make out a little more.

Ithil

With 2 weeks left until Mania, shit has to go down tonight right? Supposedly the HHH/Undertaker/Michaels shit is supposed to go on last, so we will probably open with Cena or Punk?

Punk/Jericho is heating up after this last RAW and SD, with it's new alcohol plot thread added, so it should get at least one lengthy segment tonight.

I'm pasting caring whether they can salvage Rock/Cena or not.

I don't think they were ever great at the same time.

Smackdown had a lot of good periods but RAW was always the HHH Show.
Then it was the Cena Show.
I was about to say this. During the whole time Smackdown was fantastic, Triple H was burying the entire Raw roster. When he finally relented the spotlight a bit (not completely, of course, DON'T BE RIDICULOUS), you had JBL burying the entire Smackdown locker room.

I'm hoping Jericho spikes one of Punk's drinks without him knowing it and then Jericho calls Punk out to the ring and does a titantron reveal of him spiking the drink and then Punk drinking it making Punk distraught.

bart jr

Neo Member
Heatwave 1998 is one of my favorite PPVs.

Awesome, awesome show.

Same here, RBH. Great match pacing, awesome promos(dat Dudley boyz promo. Damn), a great mix of match variety(brawls, technical matches, high flying matches). I miss it. I really wish TNA would have given Heyman what he wanted so he'd be running things now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom