• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Dragon is a goddamn beast;

"@OfficialPWG; Injury update: Super Dragon has a fractured heel. Will still do DDT4."

Also, first match announced for Pro-Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 tag tournament;

"@OfficialPWG; Sami Callihan and Roderick Strong will face Kevin Steen and Super Dragon in the first round of DDT4! http://prowrestlingguerrilla.com/2012DDT4/"

I had almost expected that match to be the final, but in many ways this is better - now I've got no clue who'll be in the finals, but as long as it's not the Young Bucks again I'll be happy.

tm24

Super Dragon is a goddamn beast;

"@OfficialPWG; Injury update: Super Dragon has a fractured heel. Will still do DDT4."

Also, first match announced for Pro-Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 tag tournament;

"@OfficialPWG; Sami Callihan and Roderick Strong will face Kevin Steen and Super Dragon in the first round of DDT4! http://prowrestlingguerrilla.com/2012DDT4/"

I had almost expected that match to be the final, but in many ways this is better - now I've got no clue who'll be in the finals, but as long as it's not the Young Bucks again I'll be happy.
I'm tempted to live tweet the show now since the first match will be amazing. Can't wait for April 21st.

Chopper

That was one of the worst Raws I've seen in ages. I fast-forwarded more an half of it, I reckon.

There are things I love about Raw at the moment. Ziggler, Swagger and Vickie are great. Punk and Jericho are fucking fantastic. Johnny Ace, teddy, Santino and co. are all doing a great job.

But what the fuck at the build-ups to the biggest matches on the Mania card. Why the fuck Cena and Rock aren't ripping through hoards of security to tear at each others' throats by now is completely mistifying. And the Undertaker is absolutely killing what is already a terrible storyline. HBK's naturalistic charm is the only bright side of what has otherwise just been Taker botching lines, getting shaken and "What"d. HHH just talks slowly and speaks in clichés. The whole thing is bullshit.

And we have all the worst parts of e show rammed down our throats time and time again. So many fucking replays and vignettes of the shit we DIDN'T WANT TO SEE IN THE FIRST PLACE! Cena being a smiley prick? HHH burying Ziggler at a house show? A vast range of talking heads taking about how great some mediocre match at last year's mania was? Or how famous The Rock has become? What the fucking fuck WWE? NO!

I will watch Mania, and I will enjoy it. I always do, because I'm a total mark. But, Jesus, this year's "Road" has been fucking rubbish.

Just no excitememt anywhere to be found. Rocky Rock Bottoming a fellow Nation member does not count.

That was one of the worst Raws I've seen in ages. I fast-forwarded more an half of it, I reckon.
Yup, it was completely uninteresting but at least it was over quickly thanks to fast forward. I've finally decided that Rhodes/Show is indeed the best built match for WM, they were like the Raw highlight.

When Blandy was doing his horrible promo running down all of Kane's nicknames I just wanted Kane to come out and be all "Blue Chipper...Legend Killer...Viper....Apex Predator..." Boreton is such a doofus.

Paracelsus

So uh...what's Wrasslingodgaf's thinking about Punk vs Y2J? It reminds me of Orton vs HHH yet something is telling me this time the heel is gonna win at WMania only to lose few weeks later at Backlash.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Better odds of winning.... Jericho ir Bryan?

Personally I think both will happen but if I had to pick the more likely case its Jericho.

Raw was pretty boring last night. It was the worst kind of boring, there weren't any segments which were really actively bad, the kind that are enjoyable just because they are so awful. It was just dull, lifeless and uninteresting for almost the entirety of the night. Last 10 minutes of the show was pretty fitting for the show overall.

Khrno

Jericho is not in for the title run, but to elevate Punk even more. They will probably keep feuding for 1 or 2 more PPVs tho.

Bryan is the best performer they have right now, losing the title in a pointless and heatless feud at WM might hurt his push, but then similar things happened to both Edge and Punk on their first title runs, so he could have a bigger comeback later on. However, their lack of fit heels, should keep him in the title picture (with or without it) for a while longer.

In retrospective, Bryan's push was sped up thanks to all the main heels getting injured last year (Christian, Del Rio, Mark Henry, Barret).

Add me to the chorus of "Jericho temporarily takes the title off Punk. I'd like to think it would also somehow explain Chris Jericho's crazy rants about the "End of the World" ...at least for Punk, since it would technically squash his claim to be the "Best In The World."

I also hope Daniel Bryan wins, too. He's so damn entertaining when he's heeling it up, and the longer he holds the title, he's building it up IMHO. Even AJ is getting a good rub.

But to answer the question, Jericho probably has the better odds. I highly doubt they plan for him to lose and flounder in the midcard.

Ithil

Jericho is not in for the title run, but to elevate Punk even more. They will probably keep feuding for 1 or 2 more PPVs tho.

Bryan is the best performer they have right now, losing the title in a pointless and heatless feud at WM might hurt his push, but then similar things happened to both Edge and Punk on their first title runs, so he could have a bigger comeback later on. However, their lack of fit heels, should keep him in the title picture (with or without it) for a while longer.

In retrospective, Bryan's push was sped up thanks to all the main heels getting injured last year (Christian, Del Rio, Mark Henry, Barret).

It's not like him losing the title needs to be the end of his time in the main event, he can continue his feud with Sheamus past WM and make it more interesting/worthy.

RayStorm

Yup, it was completely uninteresting but at least it was over quickly thanks to fast forward. I've finally decided that Rhodes/Show is indeed the best built match for WM, they were like the Raw highlight.

No, I actually agree if the past two weeks of Jeripunk hadn't happened. But how did the Show/Cody match actually come to be? Did Teddy one day decide to just give Show a random IC title bout at mania? Did Cody just decide to randomly single Show out?

I kind of feel that the exact same storyline could be made to fit Cody/Dustin a bit better. And that certainly would seem a better feud.

Ithil

No, I actually agree if the past two weeks of Jeripunk hadn't happened. But how did the Show/Cody match actually come to be? Did Teddy one day decide to just give Show a random IC title bout at mania? Did Cody just decide to randomly single Show out?

I kind of feel that the exact same storyline could be made to fit Cody/Dustin a bit better. And that certainly would seem a better feud.

Maybe next year.

jmdajr

Somewhere Spindashing is crying right now.

that AJ ..she's been around

Untitled163.gif

aj1.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, passed on Raw last night. Overall positive or negative? Also, for fun - fill in the blank.

Heavy said:
I ______ Raw !

bart jr

Neo Member
...Did Teddy one day decide to just give Show a random IC title bout at mania? Did Cody just decide to randomly single Show out?

I'm pretty sure the whole thing started at the Royal Rumble. Big Show eliminated Cody, and then Cody interfered and caused Big Show to get eliminated immediately afterwards.

bart jr

Neo Member
Cena is still playing his same shit eating grin wearing, nothing phases me, I respect your opinion character he always plays. How is he looking like a chump? If you should feel bad for anyone, feel bad for Rock for having to try and have a serious feud with the idiot.

Why should John Cena have to do anything more up to this point than have a shit eating grin on his face?

To borrow a point made on another board that I post on - Cena wants to go toe to toe with a legend and try to prove himself. The only thing the Rock has done is call him 'fruity pebbles, throw out catch phrases, and bring up trivial shit that has no bearing on Cena as a wrestler or on the match. All the trivial stuff that I mentioned earlier are things that Cena has beat into our heads over the last several months that he does NOT care about. He knows who he is, who is fans are, and he embraces that(Piper's Pit, anyone?). So if the Rock is just going to keep bringing these things up week after week, then Cena is just going to stand there with that shit eating grin and embrace everything he is saying. He's also going to pick away at the Rock get under his skin, he wants to MAKE him take this match seriously. I think the Raw in Boston is the first time where we actually saw it work.

Last night was the first time that I remember The Rock giving a legit reason for wanting to wrestle, and beat, John Cena. It took way too many months to get to this point, but now the next logical step is to have that physical confrontation.

As a side note, I don't really care too much about the match. I feel like I get what the WWE is trying to do with the buildup, it is just being handled poorly. I'd say that my interest level for Wrestlemania matches goes: Punk/Jericho > Bryan/Sheamus > Rock/Cena > HIAC

params7

Banned
I was at Raw yesterday, my first WWE event. After the show, Miz came out insulted Philly's sports steams then offered to help the Rock by being at his ringside at Wrestlemania, then Rock came out, delivered an amazing promo as usual then rock bottom'd Miz and delivered the elbow.

Kyoufu

I was at Raw yesterday, my first WWE event. After the show, Miz came out insulted Philly's sports steams then offered to help the Rock by being at his ringside at Wrestlemania, then Rock came out, delivered an amazing promo as usual then rock bottom'd Miz and delivered the elbow.

What did Punk say at the starting segment? They censored it on TV.

Cody got eliminated from the battle royal to determine the contender for the WWE title at Wrestlemania by Big Show so he "illegally" assists in Show's elimination from the same match, both men are kind of irked at each other, losing WM main event spots and all.
Following this Cody begins tormenting Big Show with past Wrestlemania failures each week but each time it only serves to piss Big show off further, usually taking his anger out on his current opponent while Cody looks on in fear. So a match is set up, Big Show can gain his WM moment by beating Rhodes and winning the IC title for the first time, alternatively Rhodes can beat Show to prove his own point....and actually defend the title for a change.
Then on this Raw Cody ups the ante with the sort of action that should really be used for one of the big main event feuds.

Yeah i'd say it's been built up quite well for what could easily have been a throwaway IC title match with no rhyme or reason, really the only problem here is the fact that no one really cares about Big Show, that Barrett breaking bastard!

If they went with the Goldust route it would probably have been a far different storyline.

Kaladin

It’s TJ Perkins vs. Fire Ant…

sits-fireant-tjp.jpg

The groundwork was laid at “The Homecoming 2012” when Team CHIKARA, Hallowicked & Jigsaw, took on ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe in a Proving Ground match. Standing united, various members of the CHIKARA roster stood at ringside throughout the match to support their representatives, eventually lending an assist to help their team win but only after the champions attempted to remove the masks of their opponents: the ultimate disrespect in the world of CHIKARA. That earned Hallowicked & Jigsaw a tag title opportunity at “Unity” in Chicago Ridge on April 28th.

The next step was taken at our “10th Anniversary Event” where CHIKARA Grand Champion Eddie Kingston, along with other members of the roster, was invited to attend and Kingston was even given some time to speak to the assembled ROH faithful. It is generally believed he intended to talk to ROH World Champion Davey Richards but whatever Eddie had planned to say was thrown out the window when he was interrupted by Kevin Steen. Words were exchanged, disrespect was certainly tossed around, and the situation quickly escalated into a brawl, highlighted by Fire Ant diving onto the mass of security attempting to pull apart the fight. ROH officials have heard on a near daily basis from Eddie Kingston as he is still looking for a fight with “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare”…

Now, as we get closer and closer to the ROH/CHIKARA joint “Unity” event in April, another member of their unique locker room has been invited to come compete at “Showdown in the Sun” at The War Memorial in Ft. Lauderdale. That guest, none other than the men who soared through the sky in the Hammerstein Ballroom during the Steen/Kingston brawl: Fire Ant!

Fire Ant, a former Young Lions Cup Winner & Campeonatos de Parejas (Tag Team Title) holder, is a high-flying marvel representing The Colony. His opponent, Ring of Honor’s own “Technical Lightning” TJ Perkins!

“I’ve traveled the world.” said Perkins to ROHWrestling.com, “The United States, Japan, and most importantly here, Mexico. I understand the importance of the mask in the Lucha tradition, I’ve even competed under a mask myself at one point in my career, so I understand what it means to the wrestlers under the CHIKARA banner. What I can promise you Fire Ant is that you do not have to worry about me going for your mask or attempting to humiliate you in that fashion. What else I can promise you is that stepping into the ring with me will be the toughest fight you’ve had in your life. I hear you’re fast on your feet, I’m lightning. I hear you can fly, I soar with eagles. I can make your head spin, wrap you up like a pretzel, and knock your head off before you even realize the bell rang to start the match. You’re stepping into the lion’s den Fire Ant, be ready.”

ROH’s TJ Perkins vs. CHIKARA’s Fire Ant on March 31st at “Showdown in the Sun – Day 2”! It all takes place at The War Memorial in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Fire Ant vs TJP!!!! That should be a good one. I'm glad it's on Saturday so I get to see it.

djsandman said:
Fire Ant vs TJP!!!! That should be a good one. I'm glad it's on Saturday so I get to see it.

That should definitely be a great match, not one I was expecting though.

I'm kinda torn between the Friday night iPPVs; Low Ki vs PAC & Tozawa vs Mochizuki in Dragon Gate USA or Steen vs Generico & Davey vs Eddie vs Strong in ROH. Perhaps I'll try and watch both if my connection can handle it, lol.

RayStorm

Yeah i'd say it's been built up quite well for what could easily have been a throwaway IC title match with no rhyme or reason, really the only problem here is the fact that no one really cares about Big Show, that Barrett breaking bastard!

You are right. But I do wonder if I'm alone in having forgotten the reason for their feud. Then again I only watch Raw with half an eye, so I guess it might have been mentioned once or twice in the not so distant past too.

Reports are now that FCW is not closing. WWE is just switching their TV deal. Once WWE pulled the plug on their current TV deal, everyone assumed they were shutting it down. Not so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom