• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

d3jqT.jpg

Reports are now that FCW is not closing. WWE is just switching their TV deal. Once WWE pulled the plug on their current TV deal, everyone assumed they were shutting it down. Not so.

Horrible news. FCW sucks and should be done away with. Although this could be them just trying to make the talents stay calm before someone from WWE can get down there to talk to them and have plans worked out for the move.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Horrible news. FCW sucks and should be done away with. Although this could be them just trying to make the talents stay calm before someone from WWE can get down there to talk to them and have plans worked out for the move.

FCW is better than NXT

WHEN IS SEASON 6 OF NXT????????????????????????????????????

XenoRaven

Why should John Cena have to do anything more up to this point than have a shit eating grin on his face?

To borrow a point made on another board that I post on - Cena wants to go toe to toe with a legend and try to prove himself. The only thing the Rock has done is call him 'fruity pebbles, throw out catch phrases, and bring up trivial shit that has no bearing on Cena as a wrestler or on the match. All the trivial stuff that I mentioned earlier are things that Cena has beat into our heads over the last several months that he does NOT care about. He knows who he is, who is fans are, and he embraces that(Piper's Pit, anyone?). So if the Rock is just going to keep bringing these things up week after week, then Cena is just going to stand there with that shit eating grin and embrace everything he is saying. He's also going to pick away at the Rock get under his skin, he wants to MAKE him take this match seriously. I think the Raw in Boston is the first time where we actually saw it work.

Last night was the first time that I remember The Rock giving a legit reason for wanting to wrestle, and beat, John Cena. It took way too many months to get to this point, but now the next logical step is to have that physical confrontation.
But Cena's job as a wrestler is to make the match interesting. When you play a character that is involved in a feud, the feud is generally not interesting if the character you're playing is totally perfect and untouchable. It was interesting when Punk was challenging Cena. People were tired of Cena and wanted to see Punk win. But that same character doesn't work in a feud with the Rock. There has to be some measure of vulnerability. Cena has to show Rock can get under his skin a bit. Otherwise, the only reason to keep rolling them out every show is to remind us they still have a match at WrestleMania.

Do you think Cody Rhodes is REALLY afraid of the Big Show? Do you think Show is REALLY mad at Rhodes for running his embarrassing moment segments? Obviously you don't. Rhodes and Show are playing characters and that's what makes the feuds interesting. If after a week Show just said "I don't care about the past," the feud would be dead and we'd all be talking about how boring Big Show is. I mean more so than usual. Frankly I was more interested in the Cena/Kane storyline than I am Rock/Cena. Though I'm guessing the actual match will be better. I mean it has to be...

Add me to the chorus of "Jericho temporarily takes the title off Punk. I'd like to think it would also somehow explain Chris Jericho's crazy rants about the "End of the World" ...at least for Punk, since it would technically squash his claim to be the "Best In The World."

I also hope Daniel Bryan wins, too. He's so damn entertaining when he's heeling it up, and the longer he holds the title, he's building it up IMHO. Even AJ is getting a good rub.

But to answer the question, Jericho probably has the better odds. I highly doubt they plan for him to lose and flounder in the midcard.

I wish I was rubbing AJ.

tm24

Yeah, FCW has sucked, but look at it now. It's fucking loaded.

But there is problems with it of course. I mean, Ty Bailey was released last week and he worked directly under Johnny Ace in developmental. Expect an overhaul of the system soon anyways, but with prior warning next time

bart jr

Neo Member
But Cena's job as a wrestler is to make the match interesting. When you play a character that is involved in a feud, the feud is generally not interesting if the character you're playing is totally perfect and untouchable. It was interesting when Punk was challenging Cena. People were tired of Cena and wanted to see Punk win. But that same character doesn't work in a feud with the Rock. There has to be some measure of vulnerability. Cena has to show Rock can get under his skin a bit. Otherwise, the only reason to keep rolling them out every show is to remind us they still have a match at WrestleMania.

Do you think Cody Rhodes is REALLY afraid of the Big Show? Do you think Show is REALLY mad at Rhodes for running his embarrassing moment segments? Obviously you don't. Rhodes and Show are playing characters and that's what makes the feuds interesting. If after a week Show just said "I don't care about the past," the feud would be dead and we'd all be talking about how boring Big Show is. I mean more so than usual. Frankly I was more interested in the Cena/Kane storyline than I am Rock/Cena. Though I'm guessing the actual match will be better. I mean it has to be...

Thanks for responding, man. I agree that it is Cena's job to make the match interesting, but it is just as much a responsibility of the Rock as well. And while I also agree that Cena needs to show he is vulnerable, I think the Rock needs to take a different approach to exposing those vulnerabilities. In my original post, I said Cena made it clear that he is comfortable in his own skin and that the petty jabs won't bother him. He wants to prove himself against a legend. I feel like Rocky is just completely disregarding that and spouting off the same song and dance that he always has. Maybe that's enough for most to be interested and invest in the match, but not me(and I'm sure not many others). He needs to get personal with Cena, and I think that's a big part of what's missing. Why should we expect Cena to let Rocky get under his skin with what he's been saying, when Cena has said for months that shit doesn't bother him?

When Cena made the comments about the notes on Rock's arm, that was the first time Rocky look shook, and I felt like it was the best part of the feud up to that point. I also feel this was Cena doing his part to help make the match interesting. At some point, the Rock has to take it to the next level and fight fire with fire.

Ya know, maybe your original statement is the actual problem - Cena's character is totally perfect and is invulnerable. Maybe the Rock doesn't have anything to go off of to actually make it personal?

I was going to voice my apathy towards RAW, but I don't want to be a downer all the time. You guys are smart enough to know the good and the bad.

bangai-o

Banned
So as it turns out, you will be facing Kane at Wrestlemania. What plans do you have for that match?

I think the real question is, what does Kane have planned for me. I AM RANDY ORTON.

i hear voices in my head they talk to me they ...

bart jr

Neo Member
So as it turns out, you will be facing Kane at Wrestlemania. What plans do you have for that match?

I think the real question is, what does Kane have planned for me. I AM RANDY ORTON.

i hear voices in my head they talk to me they ...

You just had to remind us, didn't you?

Randy Orton needs a manager or someone to speak for him. I probably wouldn't mind him that much if he never touched a microphone. When I was at Smackdown last week, I was booing the shit out of Orton when he walked out and EVERYONE directly around me turned and stared at me like I was crazy. He has good matches, but listening to him talk is just painful.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So APPARENTLY video has surfaced of nude Kane circa early 2000s.

krae_man

It's only for the club level tickets, which are the only things that haven't been selling.

Because they were more expensive then the closer ones below below them. I wonder why they were more expensive and had a way higher service charge per ticket attached to them?

Anyway I counted and got about 1400 tickets still available(and who knows how many they killed off due to lack of demand).

bart jr

Neo Member
I just orderered a wrestling zine called The Atomic Elbow. I found out about it from Ultramantis Black's twitter. It was only 5 bucks, and I'm always down to support any independent wrestling-related endeavors. It features an interview with Ultramantis Black, and the first 100 buyers also get UMB/Atomic Elbow buttons(BILL, I'M LOOKING AT YOU)

ae4.jpg

Kaladin

Because they were more expensive then the closer ones below below them. I wonder why they were more expensive and had a way higher service charge per ticket attached to them?

Anyway I counted and got about 1400 tickets still available(and who knows how many they killed off due to lack of demand).

They'll probably still hit the usual 70k+ mark.

I don't know, I think they could realistically hit 70k, but they'll probably fudge it and add a few more thousand.

Reports on the internet suggest that WM could be attended live by up to at least a Billion people. This is very plausible, because it was reported on the internet.

Kaladin

Also.

What is an 'ECW'?

You know how Triple H and Undertaker say they're the last of a dying breed? ECW is a breed that has died, been buried, dug up, raped by Vince McMahon, buried again, dug up, raped by Tommy Dreamer and Dixie Carter, buried again and now the ghosts are just going around haunting the indies and collecting paychecks with announcing gigs.

Regarding the FCW story, I just heard that Vince McMahon purchased a Best Western in Stamford, so that could possibly be one of the first steps to move talent up there if they plan on having a school at headquarter. Free housing for the talent would go a long way in easing the move. I think the school staying open for now in Florida is just a smokescreen and it will close in the next couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom