• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, how is noone talking about this twitter meeting WWE made talent attend today to try and force them to use more approved hashtags to get stuff trending? Jericho tweeted this pic after, but then deleted it

jerichotwitter.jpg

TheNatural

My Member!
Sting/Bischoff/Hogan are some of the best businessmen alive. They've got an amazing retirement plan. Make an appearance on TV, get paid more than an average american makes in a year, and repeat ad nauseum. Nevermind the fact that none of the appearances actually boost ratings. And Sting is really making bank being on the show weekly. No point in him going to the WWE to job to Taker when he can be the top guy in a company and get paid ridiculous amounts of money.

As long as there's someone stupid enough to pay it, it works out great. Hell, they pay Christy Hemme 100K a year by last report, and gave some D-level TV show Survivor "star" a year contract to make like two appearances.

It really is just a smaller level WCW at this point.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Damn, how is noone talking about this twitter meeting WWE made talent attend today to try and force them to use more approved hashtags to get stuff trending? Jericho tweeted this pic after, but then deleted it

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/benbobjr/me/jerichotwitter.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

WWE is so hopelessly out of touch with reality. Instead of trying to make something trend, they should just allow it to happen naturally. If something is interesting enough, it'll trend all on it's own. The viewers aren't dumb and don't need to be told what to tweet about.

[quote="TheNatural, post: 36387147"]As long as there's someone stupid enough to pay it, it works out great. Hell, they pay Christy Hemme 100K a year by last report, and gave some D-level TV show Survivor "star" a year contract to make like two appearances.

It really is just a smaller level WCW at this point.[/QUOTE]

The girl from Survivor got paid 1/2 a million apparently, and couldn't wrestle to save her life. Kellyx2 could run ropes better than her.

[quote="djsandman, post: 36387466"]This is what happens when Santino is in a chamber.[/QUOTE]

It would have been lower without him.

TheNatural

My Member!
WWE is so hopelessly out of touch with reality. Instead of trying to make something trend, they should just allow it to happen naturally. If something is interesting enough, it'll trend all on it's own. The viewers aren't dumb and don't need to be told what to tweet about.

The girl from Survivor got paid 1/2 a million apparently, and couldn't wrestle to save her life. Kellyx2 could run ropes better than her.

It would have been lower without him.

Actually, I think it was a dude even, not even Jenna whatever. One they didn't even use their contract for except once or twice and he was bragging about how they just paid him a shitload and didn't even ask him to do anything.

ZeroRay

This Cena/Rock documentary looks like a bunch of left over vignettes they couldn't find the time to air on Raw/SD/PPVs.

It is.

They'll also dedicate a whole disk to it when the WM28 DVD/BD comes out.

They'll find time at Wrestlemania, you think that extra hour is for matches? think again!

Of course. 4 big matches and they'll waste an hour with fucking Rock and Cena promos. That's exactly what will fucking happen too.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
They'll find time at Wrestlemania, you think that extra hour is for matches? think again!

It is.

They'll also dedicate a whole disk to it when the WM28 DVD/BD comes out.

Of course. 4 big matches and they'll waste an hour with fucking Rock and Cena promos. That's exactly what will fucking happen too.

Oh no

OH NO

Actually, I think it was a dude even, not even Jenna whatever. One they didn't even use their contract for except once or twice and he was bragging about how they just paid him a shitload and didn't even ask him to do anything.

Where in the blue hell are they getting this money? Panda Energy can't be making that much money.

What's funny is that WCW did the exact same thing too. It's like Dixie Carter picked up that "Death of WCW" book and is just copying what happens in the book. How long until they give the TNA championship to David Arquette?

Lunchbox

Banned
this documentary is embarrassing

its the prime example of why people laugh when i find out i watch wrestling. fuck you general mills

TheNatural

My Member!
Oh no

OH NO

Where in the blue hell are they getting this money? Panda Energy can't be making that much money.

What's funny is that WCW did the exact same thing too. It's like Dixie Carter picked up that "Death of WCW" book and is just copying what happens in the book. How long until they give the TNA championship to David Arquette?

I'm waiting until they make a crappy expensively licensed KISS gimmick to complete the circle.

Kaladin

Actual finish. TNA always tries to do some weird/stupid finishes.

When you look at it by itself, that finish makes no sense. But in the storyline, it makes perfect sense. Sting went into that match as GM and wrestler, his GM role distracted him from preparing for the match and thus, he banged his head on a chair in the middle of the ring while doing his finishing move. Basically, he tried to do to much and fucked up. Sure, the finish looks incredibly stupid when executed, but on paper it sounds like a winner.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
So I was wondering about this gif... was the match really supposed to end that way or did Sting knock himself out that they had to improvise and have him lose?

Nope. Not a botch.

I'm waiting until they make a crappy expensively licensed KISS gimmick to complete the circle.

If they pair up the Kiss Monster with Norman Smiley I'll bite.

Hell, if the bring in Smiley again I'd start watching Impact regularly. I think he's still with WWE though.

Wellscha

On USA they're doing a piece on Rock & Cena.

EDIT: Guess you guys missed it. I missed a big chunk, when I tuned in they were talking about Rock's heritage. Then started talking about Cena. Man, The guy's probably one of the nicest people to be around.

And people think Sting should come to WWE just to job to Taker? Lol.

For an Epic Match?

Sting will be etched in Wrestling history if he had had the match with Taker last year.

Of course he won't do it if he is not retiring.

What are some of your favorite Wrestlemania ending packages?

Wrestlemania 22 is godlike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25riA9ij9jQ

2 title matches, tag team title match, women's title match, some other title match, plus filler feud matches that had decent builds and MITB match. I would feel more satisfied spending 50$ on this than this year's card.

TheNatural

My Member!
Watching this Rock-Cena documentary thing on right now, about Cena's ridiculous schedule and Make A Wish stuff. Even though he's hokey and stale as fuck in the ring, at least he's not an asshole outside of it. I wish WWE would start to think about less=better though as running their main guys to death in promos and house shows and shit obviously isn't working as far as keeping buyrates high. I wonder how much better health, mental and physical, guys would be in if they're not being run to death all the damn time.

Watching this Rock-Cena documentary thing on right now, about Cena's ridiculous schedule and Make A Wish stuff. Even though he's hokey and stale as fuck in the ring, at least he's not an asshole outside of it. I wish WWE would start to think about less=better though as running their main guys to death in promos and house shows and shit obviously isn't working as far as keeping buyrates high. I wonder how much better health, mental and physical, guys would be in if they're not being run to death all the damn time.

I thought Cena is one of the main reasons for House Shows drawing still?

On USA they're doing a piece on Rock & Cena.

EDIT: Guess you guys missed it. I missed a big chunk, when I tuned in they were talking about Rock's heritage. Then started talking about Cena. Man, The guy's probably one of the nicest people to be around.

Edge tribute avatar and Mason Ryan tribute screen name.

You'll fit in nicely here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom