• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

otomester.jpg

Whatcha gonna do, brother, when NO PPV SUNDAY WRASSLEGAFMANIA runs wild on you?

Except there is a PPV today.

75e43c45.jpg

Main Event
ROH World Champion Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly vs. "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards & Adam Cole

ROH World Tag Team Championship
Jay & Mark Briscoe defend against the Young Bucks

ROH World Television Championship
Jay Lethal defends against "The Dominant Male" Tommaso Ciampa w/ The Embassy LTD.

Grudge Match
Jimmy Jacobs takes on "Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" Kevin Steen

Special Attraction Tag Team Match
The Amazing Red & "Technical Lightning" TJ Perkins vs The House of Truth ("Unbreakable" Michael Elgin & Roderick Strong) w/ Truth Martini

Glory By Honor X Tag Team Rematch
Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) vs The All Night Xpress (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)

Special Attraction Match
"Notorious 187" Homicide vs "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett w/ Brutal Bob & Maria Kanellis

Plus, Eddie Kingston and the stars of CHIKARA will be in attendance!

It starts at 5pm for only $10!

Did anyone watch NWA Hollywood last night? I thought it was the best I watched this week. Also maybe
Percy aka Paul Bearer
at Mania? Can anyone link the show for me plz? Thx

My complaint about the company is they have guys (Edwards, Richards, Young Bucks, Strong) who do way too fucking much in every match they're in. It gets tiresome.

I definitely agree with that, and it's a problem indy wrestling is always fighting - the fans demand the faster-paced, innovative action you won't find on WWE, but at the same time, without reason or psychology behind the moves, it becomes meaningless. In general it's gotten a lot worse this past couple of years - guys like Danielson & McGuinness did a LOT of work in the ring, but I don't ever once remember thinking "this is pure overkill" like I did with Richards/Edwards at Final Battle. But it's a fine line they have to tread, as their previous match at Best in the World was one of the best matches of 2011 imo, but the Final Battle match went too far.

As for the Young Bucks, yeah, they've always been totally ridiculous when it comes to doing too much.

*edit, oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if the main event tonight goes into total overkill territory.

Jamie OD said:
Say what you want about Onita, but at one point he came across like the biggest badass in wrestling.

Totally, and it helped that Onita's always seemed slightly unhinged - it's just that in no way did I think that in 2012 I'd be watching Akebono vs Onito for the Z1 title. Bizarre.

Plus, Eddie Kingston and the stars of CHIKARA will be in attendance!

It starts at 5pm for only $10!

CHIKARA is why I'll be getting the ROH IPPV today. I am also not a huge a fan of the ROH super matches throughout the card but I enjoy most of the action ROH puts out. I'm just super burned out afterwards. ROH can't hold my attention storyline wise. Besides what Steen does I don't care about most of the guys on the roster or their reasons for fighting each other. Should be a good card from top to bottom today though and CHIKARA guys being there will make it interesting. Plus I think Vin Gerard will be in attendance to mess with Kingston. Check it out peeps!

Kaladin

CHIKARA is why I'll be getting the ROH IPPV today. I am also not a huge a fan of the ROH super matches throughout the card but I enjoy most of the action ROH puts out. I'm just super burned out afterwards. ROH can't hold my attention storyline wise. Besides what Steen does I don't care about most of the guys on the roster or their reasons for fighting each other. Should be a good card from top to bottom today though and CHIKARA guys being there will make it interesting. Plus I think Vin Gerard will be in attendance to mess with Kingston. Check it out peeps!

Did you see that Chikara is confirmed for the ROH shows in Miami?

Spoilers from the last night of this year's prestigious wXw 16 Carat Gold Tournament;

El Generico beat Tommy End in the final - also, on day 3 they put on a World of Sports rules match between Fit Finlay and Johnny Kidd!

Can't wait for the DVDs, it was a great line-up for the tournament this year.

Well let me tell ya somethin', Mene Gene, that's an I-PPV, also known as a Yappapai PPV, and the Otomester is too old and too cute for that.

You have to Pay to View, so it's a PPV :p

Hell, if WWE offered iPPVs in the UK I might actually give them some money for once.

No Triple H Muppet in the latest episode of @WWE #AreYouSerious? That's #GarbageJuice...

By the way... Garbage Juice? Trending worldwide.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
It's weird, it's the month before Wrestlemania, but I'm not really feeling Wrestling that much right now. If only there was something to rekindle...

Finally, if this match-up doesn't excite you, then there's no hope; PAC will challenge Prince Devitt for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title. I said Goddamn!!!

LET'S FUCKING GO.

Bootaaay, did they say when PAC would face Prince Devitt?

Nope, just that he's challenged Devitt - no response from Devitt yet, I think, it's hard to tell from reading google translated Japanese pages :p

*edit, huh, surprising - I was sure WGGT would pick up the win after destroying Rhett's knee.

Lol, no way was Homicide ever going to hit a top rope Cop Killa.

GTS! And Homicide with the Punk tribute, nice :)

*edit, bah, Bennett wins with a roll-up out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom