• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I totally forgot about Rene Dupree.

I think him and Benoit had a flag on a pole match.

Or maybe that was just Benoit and Malenko.

Striker

So according to future house shows, Ryder is teaming up with cena to take on epico and primo. Congrats everyone, you got the tag titles back in the main event

Why does Cena need Ryder? He would never be booked losing to these guys.

UberTag

Because Ryder has all of a sudden completely forgiven him for everything and now they're best friends again.

Obviously.
All this does is make Ryder look like a complete tool. Which I'm sure is the intention.
They should make Zack come out to the ring wearing Cena's merchandise instead of his own.

All this does is make Ryder look like a complete tool. Which I'm sure is the intention.
They should make Zack come out to the ring wearing Cena's merchandise instead of his own.

I can't believe I fell for the WWE's shit with Zack Ryder. When he finally won the US Title, I thought he would at least be given some time to show what he could do. If you had told me the day after he won the title that he would get sucked into a ridiculous fucking angle with Kane, Cena and Eve, I would've called for your head.

I can't believe I fell for the WWE's shit with Zack Ryder. When he finally won the US Title, I thought he would at least be given some time to show what he could do. If you had told me the day after he won the title that he would get sucked into a ridiculous fucking angle with Kane, Cena and Eve, I would've called for your head.

According to his newest episode of Z!true Long Island Story he has heat. Nobody gets over on their own in the WWE! NOBODY!

I wonder what possessed them to do such a stupid career ending angle with Zack and mom and Eve.

Probably Zack daring to become popular without the WWE's consent. They've built up my hopes and dashed them expertly.

At this point I'm only watching for Ziggler, Bryan, Rhodes, Kofi, and I guess Punk.

Striker

After fucking up Ziggler's involvement in two main event scenes, once in the World title, and another in the WWE title, I have no confidence whatsoever for them to give Ziggler a positive impact.

As for Kofi, they haven't done diddly fuck with him since his feud with poops in bags. He's forever midcard, and this isn't the midcard with Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, Ultimate Warrior, etc. It's one where they can give one ounce of shit for the prestige of the titles and the booking of its wrestlers.

ROH's 10th Anniversary Show is tonight! Get hype;

ROH - 10th Anniversary Show - NYC, Hammerstein Ballroom - March 4th - 5PM EST | 7PM PST | 10PM GMT

Buy at GFL.TV for just $9.99!

75e43c45.jpg

Main Event
ROH World Champion Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly vs. "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards & Adam Cole

ROH World Tag Team Championship
Jay & Mark Briscoe defend against the Young Bucks

ROH World Television Championship
Jay Lethal defends against "The Dominant Male" Tommaso Ciampa w/ The Embassy LTD.

Grudge Match
Jimmy Jacobs takes on "Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" Kevin Steen

Special Attraction Tag Team Match
The Amazing Red & "Technical Lightning" TJ Perkins vs The House of Truth ("Unbreakable" Michael Elgin & Roderick Strong) w/ Truth Martini

Glory By Honor X Tag Team Rematch
Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) vs The All Night Xpress (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)

Special Attraction Match
"Notorious 187" Homicide vs "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett w/ Brutal Bob & Maria Kanellis

Plus, Eddie Kingston and the stars of CHIKARA will be in attendance!

El Generico vs. Steen on 3/30

AWESOME! I was just thinking the other day that Generico didn't have any Mania weeekend bookings, and that's pretty much the best match I could've hoped for.

I wounder if I emailed ROH really nicely would let me do there posters.

Whoever they got is so damn bad at it. It has to be someones 15 year old son who knows how to do the photoshop.

heck I would do it for free. it would be great to have something like ROH on the CV and maybe a free DVD from time to time.

DKehoe

It just sums up a lot of what is wrong with ROH just now. It's a bunch of generic looking guys so its hard to care about them. The Briscoes, Steen and Generico seem far more marketable to me.

Someday I'm going to mention ROH and someone's going to actually respond with something positive. Not today, but someday, hopefully :p

It just sums up a lot of what is wrong with ROH just now. It's a bunch of generic looking guys so its hard to care about them.

It's not that hard if you get the storyline right - Edwards vs Richards from Best in the World 2011, for example, which was only bettered last year in storyline terms by CHIKARA's build to crowning the first Grand Champion. Personally, I'm invested in the Edwards/Richards feud, and I like that the angle their running with FutureShock splitting up and becoming the respective protégées of Davey & Eddie for this match. The only stumbling block for me is that they're pushing Davey as the face, when I'm more inclined to support Edwards.

DKehoe said:
The Briscoes, Steen and Generico seem far more marketable to me.

Well, I'd guess that's why Cornette took The Briscoes on a FOX news morning show and not Davey Richards. But to be fair, the main event is always going to be featured on the poster. The tag belts aren't often the main event, so the poster probably won't feature The Briscoes. Steen will be featured more once he properly begins his program with Richards later in the year and Generico isn't featured because he isn't on the show, selling a storyline injury at the hands of Steen from Final Battle.

I wounder if I emailed ROH really nicely would let me do there posters.

Heh, worth a go I guess - they used to use youtube user ThatWrestlingShow for a while to make promo packages for them, as his were infinitely better than ROH's in-house promos - however, that seemed to stop around the time Sinclair took over.

DKehoe

I don't mean to be a downer on ROH, I really do hope they succeed. If I had more time I would probably follow them more closely.

Kaladin

Is the only thing ROH announced at Wrestlemania weekend Kevin Steen vs El Generico on 3/30? I would have thought they would have focused on it more, but I guess they had to ignore the iPPVs all together since they're doing one tonight and taping beyond Wrestlemania weekend.

DKehoe said:
I don't mean to be a downer on ROH, I really do hope they succeed. If I had more time I would probably follow them more closely.

No worries, I didn't intend to single you out at all, it just seems every mention of ROH in this thread starts a discussion on their shitty production values instead of their awesome wrestling.

In other news, sumo wrestling legend Akebono won the ZERO1 World Heavyweight Title from KAMIKAZE earlier this week...

20120303012.jpg

...and even more bizarrely, his first challenger for the belt will be none other than Terry Funk's old death-match rival, Atsushi Onita! WTF?

20120303014.jpg

Also, IWGP Heavyweight Title spoilers from NJPW's PPV last night;
Kazuchika Okada made his first successful defence against Tetsuya Naito

Finally, if this match-up doesn't excite you, then there's no hope; PAC will challenge Prince Devitt for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title. I said Goddamn!!!

djsandman said:
Is the only thing ROH announced at Wrestlemania weekend Kevin Steen vs El Generico on 3/30? I would have thought they would have focused on it more, but I guess they had to ignore the iPPVs all together since they're doing one tonight and taping beyond Wrestlemania weekend.

There's also Lance Storm vs Mike Bennett on the 30th, plus Australian wrestlers Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste (who have toured often with Pro Wrestling NOAH) will get a Proving Ground match against The Briscoes - then the Briscoes will defend the titles against WGTT on the 31st. I could've sworn I read something about Richards vs Elgin that weekend, but can't find any mentions of it now.

Kaladin

When I first saw that Akebono picture I thought "Holy shit, Samoa Joe got fat."

There's also Lance Storm vs Mike Bennett on the 30th, plus Australian wrestlers Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste (who have toured often with Pro Wrestling NOAH) will get a Proving Ground match against The Briscoes - then the Briscoes will defend the titles against WGTT on the 31st. I could've sworn I read something about Richards vs Elgin that weekend, but can't find any mentions of it now.

I meant from last night's tapings. I know about the other stuff. You would think they would have talked about the Blind Destiny main event once during those tapings.

Edit: Apparently they also announced Kevin Steen vs Eddie Edwards for Saturday....that would mean the Blind Destiny match is off? If so who does Davey face on Saturday?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Lol, Undertaker is still listed as a SD! superstar.

wellllllllll

they took him completely out of the Smackdown intro 3 weeks ago. He was the first and last guy you see but he's replaced by Orton...but Taker is in the Raw intro :|

So this seems like good news. I figured he'd be in the dog house or fired. This is from wrestlezone:

Evan Bourne/US Title
WWE's website has a new video up with Evan Bourne, discussing his career before WWE.  In the video, Bourne talks about wrestling across the world as Matt Sydal before making it to WWE where he debuted on ECW against Shelton Benjamin. Bourne said he will get to the top by going for the WWE United States Title first.

Evan Bourne will be cleared to retrun to WWE in the middle of March once his 60 day suspension for his second wellness policy violation has been served.

Kaladin

I'm watching this week's Ring of Honor TV and they announced a few things for Miami:

Friday Night March 30th:

The Young Bucks vs The All Night Express (Street Fight)

Saturday Night March 31st:

The Young Bucks vs The All Night Express (Tornado Tag Team Match)

Also, Chikara stars will be in Miami for both nights!

Mush

"OK Evan if you can stay clean for more than 10 minutes we'll let you keep your job. Make it to 30 and we might even put you in a feud!"

Cagey

Banned
No worries, I didn't intend to single you out at all, it just seems every mention of ROH in this thread starts a discussion on their shitty production values instead of their awesome wrestling.

I'm going again tonight, so this will be the 5th ROH show (all in person, at Hammerstein) I've seen starting from last March. Admittedly, I don't watch the TV show they put up online.

My complaint about the company is they have guys (Edwards, Richards, Young Bucks, Strong) who do way too fucking much in every match they're in. It gets tiresome. Why am I supposed to believe that a superkick at 10 minutes will produce a pinfall, when they tag-team powerbomb + moonsault didn't notch a victory a minute ago? It also makes the ending of these matches feel terribly anticlimactic and somewhat random: why was that particular kick to the head the one that ended the match?

For all the athleticism and wrestling ability, it can be an utter bore to watch at times. Less is more.

EDIT: what I mean by that is when every move is supposed to be huge impact and each guy keeps kicking out of a pinfall, only to jump up and do their own huge impact move right afterward, it really emphasizes the "fakeness" of wrestling because I just can't seriously believe anything that's occurring is taking a toll. It's an odd version of someone no-selling moves.

/amateur opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom