• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Checked out the main event from the 40th Anniversary New Japan show.

Kazuchika Okuda vs. Tetsuya Naito.

This was called “Amazing amazing amazing! Legendary match.” by the top wrestling blog in Japan. Needless to day, no. It's not. It's good but nowhere near even great. Okuda's first two opponents after being shotgunned into the title carried him very well, but this guy is going to need some help going into the future. Selling on both sides was lackluster Naito, has gotten this bad habit of letting on he is going to lose a match (body language, etc) like Mutoh used to/does, and despite a loud crowd (Korakuen Hall can do that, but 2k made the show) the match was lacking in any drama.

Rest of the event was pretty boring with tags and 6 mans.

What you grade his book? just curious..

Well I couldn't put it down for the past two days (mostly because I wanted to get to the WCW/WWF stuff towards the end) so I would recommend it. The only knock against it is he puts a lot of pop culture jokes and references that were topical like, 5+ years ago, that aren't really funny and just date the book.

I've been going through old Taker moments on YouTube as of late.

Taker used to be so badass... *sadface*

I even spotted some more recent videos where he worked more than 2 PPVs a year! *gasp*

I've been going through old Taker moments on YouTube as of late.

Taker used to be so badass... *sadface*

I even spotted some more recent videos where he worked more than 2 PPVs a year! *gasp*

Here is some old school taker moments. I should say
pre taker moments

http://youtu.be/sOae9rQnJZM

E: This is could be one of many reasons why Taker still listed on SD roster...j/k lol

http://youtu.be/ZvlDK_vjUtY

Note: non english commentary

G-Fex

RBH doesn't like me so Ill still say sucks he got banned.

People shouldn't make fat jokes though :/ Its not right.

Unless you're Scott Steiner.

I am not exactly skinny, I'm out of shape.

RBH's ban did seem a bit mean. I probably said worse stuff than that.

I guess it is a month which is not to bad, but he misses Mania. He got Wade Barrett'd :/

bigosc2k

Banned
RBH doesn't like me so Ill still say sucks he got banned.

People shouldn't make fat jokes though :/ Its not right.

Unless you're Scott Steiner.

I am not exactly skinny, I'm out of shape.

But football gaf makes fat jokes about Josh Fatman

DMeisterJ

Banned
*pours out 40 for RBH*

So it seems like we are short 3 WrassleGAFers again. The other DM, Frankman, and RBH. Who's gonna post all the random wrestling news now? "/

There's a certain poster that only posts wrestling news, but does so in such confounded mysterious way it appears as if he's telling us first hand accounts. Total Enigma that one.

WOO! Raw tonight!

yAKIp.gif

NoDQ.com said:
Diamond Dallas Page said during an interview with the Pro Wrestling Torch Livecast that the only wrestler he would come out of retirement to wrestle would be WWE Superstar Randy Orton. Otherwise, he has no interest in returning to the ring as he does not want to risk the quality of his life at the age of 55.

"That's the only match I would come out of retirement for. I would put my body on the line only to be able to show I could still go. I would take my body to the limits I never thought I could at this age only for that angle, but that’s not going to happen because he’s already beat up all the old men. The only thing I'll hook him with is he’s killed all the legends but he ain’t killed me yet," says Page.

The former WCW World Heavyweight Champion considers The Viper the best worker in wrestling today and loves that his finishing maneuver, the RKO, is a variation of the Diamond Cutter. Pages credits John Laurinaitis with introducing him to the Diamond Cutter since the WWE executive was performing the Ace Crusher as his signature maneuver in Japan in the 1990s.
Johnny Ace vs. DDP vs. Orton vs. Bubba Ray Dudley with outside interference by Homicide.

I know I'm late with this, but why is Natalia still atoll doing the Flatulence of Doom gimmick? Did she get into trouble and this is punishment?

Awesome, this is a ROH guy right? They haven't released anymore shows since the season 11 premiere so I'm out of the loop.

Not quite sure if its ROH guys our not. Some peeps think it might be CZW guys because the guy in the video is named CombANT I believe. The next 2 shows should be released in the next couple of days. Cant wait!

bart jr

Neo Member
Johnny Ace vs. DDP vs. Orton vs. Bubba Ray Dudley with outside interference by Homicide.

What is everyone's favorite version of the Ace Crusher? One of my favorite 'Cutters' ever is the one that Bubba Ray did to Devon at November to Remember '96(around the 10:15 mark). I bought the VHS for N2R '96 when I was at Heatwave '99, and up to that point I had only seen the 3D used when they tagged together. I lost it when I saw Bubba do what I thought at the time, was a one-man 3D.

YAY the rock will be on raw again tonight.

I hope they dont go to far with this "rock is to busy being a movie star and lost his passion for wrestling" thing.

This damn feud is so Twitter orientated I just dont believe the guy who was tweeting with Kevin Steen about Kayfabe doesnt know his shit about wrestling these days.

They need to make Cena look better... not make Rock look worse.

Have Rock insult Cena to his face and then have Cena floor rock with a punch. I would cheer that. Thats pretty much what this feud has been missing. Cena just stands there and takes it when he should be standing up to the big bully rock and kicking the hell out of him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man...having a hard time getting psyched for Raw. Not having Heavy around is going to be weird. And his balls.

bart jr

Neo Member
Have Rock insult Cena to his face and then have Cena floor rock with a punch. I would cheer that. Thats pretty much what this feud has been missing. Cena just stands there and takes it when he should be standing up to the big bully rock and kicking the hell out of him.

I completely agree with you. I've actually liked Cena's serious promos the last couple weeks, but I still couldn't care less about the match. Watching Cena lay out the Rock and actually back up all the talk he's been doing the last couple weeks would make me more interested. Cena can call Rock out for not doing shit once someone actually 'brings it'.

If they're planning something big to bring fans onto Cena's side (and I'm not convinced that they were doing that last week), then you can expect it to happen tonight. If not, then I eagerly await watching Cena get booed in his home town again.

G-Fex

If they're planning something big to bring fans onto Cena's side (and I'm not convinced that they were doing that last week), then you can expect it to happen tonight. If not, then I eagerly await watching Cena get booed in his home town again.

I...I was always rising above Hate.

I always cheered on Cena when everyone else in this thread booed him.

lol

meh. I bet they will just try make rock look worse and cena comes out and does his "lulz ur a movie star and not a wrestler. I love the fans more then you." stick.

So I predict some form of the following. rock gets the name of the city wrong, He has more dumb stuff written on his arm, Announce he wont be at raw next week because he is filming.

Some secret video Hornswoggle took where The Rock slags of the WWE fans and wishes he had been born somewhere cool... like WWII Germany... instead of Miami. At least that's the only thing I can think of to get people to boo The Rock and cheer John Cena. Its not necessary that Hornswoggle was the one to have caught it all on video, however.

Some secret video Hornswoggle took where The Rock slags of the WWE fans and wishes he had been born somewhere cool... like WWII Germany... instead of Miami. At least that's the only thing I can think of to get people to boo The Rock and cheer John Cena. Its not necessary that Hornswoggle was the one to have caught it all on video, however.
The Rock can't do anything that would get him booed consistently. Well, I mean he could, but nothing that wouldn't also result in him getting legit arrested.

Chriswok that reminds me of the time that Kurt Angle said he didn't like black people and wanted to tap out Jesus... then got cheered for it.

Kurt was so awesome. Sucks that we lost him, Eddie, and Benoit all in a row like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom