• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
eric-bischoff-controversy-creates-cash-book-cover.jpg

good read

i bought this book when it first came out i cant really remember if its any good but i do remember liking it at the time

Kaladin

hahaha I remember ordering "All Day Wrestlemania" that year and taping it.

Then WM2000 was kinda..... EH except for the TLC match

You just reminded me of the "WCW All Nighter" specials. I think I actually discovered wrestling on one of those that aired sometime in 1993. I can't find the exact air date, but this is the card it had:

Ric Flair vs. Sting [Greensboro Coliseum, 4/4/1988]

Larry Zbysko & Arn Anderson (The Enforcers) vs. Ricky Steamboat & Dustin Rhodes [Savannah, Georgia, 1991]

Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger [Asheville NC. 9/13/90]

Steve Austin & Brian Pillman (Hollywood Blondes) vs. Ricky Steamboat & Shane Douglas [1/13/93, Milwaukee WI]

Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat [2/3 Falls, New Orleans LA. 4/2/89]

"Flyin'" Brian Pillman vs. "Stunning" Steve Austin [Baton Rouge LA. 11/10/93]

Cactus Jack vs. Van Hammer [Topeka KS. 1/21/92]

Samoan Swat Team vs. Road Warriors [Columbia SC. 9/12/89]

Great Muta & Terry Funk vs. Sting & Ric Flair [10/28/89 Halloween Havoc]

Midnight Express vs. Ric Flair & Barry Windam [Chattanooga TN. 12/6/88]

Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk [I Quit, New York, NY. 11/15/89]

I used to have that special on VHS but I don't have it anymore.

I say I discovered wrestling with this show....it's at least one of my earliest memories watching wrestling.

jmdajr

This was my first WCW PPV..

HH_89.JPG

Main Event: Ric Flair and Sting (with Ole Anderson) defeated The Great Muta and Terry Funk (with Gary Hart) (with Bruno Sammartino as special guest referee) in a Thunderdome match (21:55)

They way Ole hyped up the match I thought someone was literally going to die! Little me really thought I was going to be seeing some Mad Max shit!

thunderdome.JPG

SoulPlaya, your absurd knowledge and love for all things Kane is one of the best things about this thread. You made my fave five.

I still don't like Kane though...

Kaladin

This was my first WCW PPV..

HH_89.JPG

Main Event: Ric Flair and Sting (with Ole Anderson) defeated The Great Muta and Terry Funk (with Gary Hart) (with Bruno Sammartino as special guest referee) in a Thunderdome match (21:55)

They way Ole hyped up the match I thought someone was literally going to die! Little me really thought I was going to be seeing some Mad Max shit!

Dude. That exact match is the one that got me hooked from that overnight special. It's also the match that helped me find the card for it today since I still remembered how awesome that cage match was.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SoulPlaya, your absurd knowledge and love for all things Kane is one of the best things about this thread. You made my fave five.

I still don't like Kane though...
I'm living proof that it's better to know a hell of a lot about one thing, than little about everything. I thank you, good sir!

Kaladin

Isn't this supposed to be in Chicago? Why wouldn't you focus on, you know, the WWE Champion?

You know what, forget I even asked.

They're trying to make the posters as spoiler free as possible.....and Kane in a mask is spoiler free because all he is doing now is burying people.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Isn't this supposed to be in Chicago? Why wouldn't you focus on, you know, the WWE Champion?

I'm from Chicago. That should tell you all you need to know about how people feel about Kane in Chicago. There are actual plans in place to put a statue up of Kane right next to Michael Jordan's statue. We just can't decide on which era of Kane to use.

EDIT: In 2012.

The first PPV after mania is in Chicago?

Man.... if Cena turns heel at mania Chi Town would be the perfect place for him to win the title again.

Last Monday's burial of the tag team division was long overdue. Kane needs to randomly interrupt matches just to chokeslam some fools more often.

Totally, fuck that tag division trying to have matches and get themselves over and shit.

Kane needs to come in with XPac RVD Hurricane Santino and take their stupid title.

OMG at the footage with WOMAN! LOL!

f184a2d6.gif

(may she rest in peace....)

These were so much fun. I get this feeling in my stomach watching these that is such a strange feeling. Like a tingling, or an ache or maybe a feeling of nostalgia........I don't know what it is but when I watch shows from the late 80's I get a real warm feeling that covers my body.

Like when I watch a compilation of the Ric Flair interviews circa 83-89
Just so good it brings a tear to my eye. I would love if the WWE network launched with 24 straight hours of Flair promos. :''(

Totally, fuck that tag division trying to have matches and get themselves over and shit.

Kane needs to come in with XPac RVD Hurricane Santino and take their stupid title.

He already did, last year, with Big Show. Though yeah I guess it's that time again for the mismatched Kane team. The tag team division is well and truly dead to me with those guys whose names escape me using the belts to hold their tights up, random Kane team>those jabronis holding the belts right now.
Kane and Kofi, they can be called Bang and Boom following the fantastic air boom name, it's not like WWE are going to let Kofi up the card anyway.

XenoRaven

How far in advance are PPV's scheduled? I have a friend trying to plan a trip out here and we want to watch a PPV when he comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom