• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's actually rumors of this?

Yes. Bischoff is getting close to Spike and basically the go to guy in TNA for Spike. Spike wants to own a wrestling company as it's better for them like how they now own Bellator. Bischoff and Hogan would start the new promotion for Spike and basically have a blank check to do whatever they want. Dixie Carter would be left out in the cold and TNA most likely would go out of business unless they find another tv network to take them.

Ithil

snooki-wrestle-mania2.gif

snooki-wrestle-mania.gif

Haters gonna hate.

I did like how she did Chyna's big move better than Chyna.

Yes. Bischoff is getting close to Spike and basically the go to guy in TNA for Spike. Spike wants to own a wrestling company as it's better for them like how they now own Bellator. Bischoff and Hogan would start the new promotion for Spike and basically have a blank check to do whatever they want. Dixie Carter would be left out in the cold and TNA most likely would go out of business unless they find another tv network to take them.

They could Hire Dixie as a Nitro girl!!!!!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Entropia

No One Remembers
I agree with 1997 being the best year in wrestling history between what was going on in WWF, the nWo invasion of WcW was red hot and ECW really peaked in 97 too. Such a great and unpredictable time esp in the WWF. There was no clear cut top baby face in the company. Bret turned heel and HBK was heel, Stone Cold was just emerging and played a heel. Matches and feuds were great as well. I can feel the hatred between Taker and Paul Bearer, Stone Cold/Bret, Ahmed/Nation, Bret/HBK, Candians/USA.

Wrestlers really sold feuds well back than.

Los Boriquas/DoA.

Entropia

No One Remembers

God damn that'd be awful.

TheNatural

My Member!

Hmm. I don't know, I don't realy believe it because Hogan and Bischoff seem like nothing more than part timers. I don't know if they could actually run jack shit really.

RBH

Undertaker had both shoulder and hip surgeries over the past year. When he showed up last week it was estimated he was lighter than before, maybe 275-280 pounds. At one point the feeling was that he would retire after this year and going 20-0, but that is no longer the feeling, particularly since it’s not being hinted at. A lot will depend on how his body holds up after this match but the betting line is he’ll be back, perhaps for a few years since he’s now down to probably doing one match per year.

There is still hope for Taker vs. Sting!

I'm back
And better than ever
Got a knack
For making things better
Face facts
'Cause your opinion don't matter
This maniac
Is gonna step on whoever

krae_man

The Rock is back next week too?

Email I got from TD Garden:

Don't miss your last chance to see "The People's Champion" - The Rock, as he returns to Boston, home of his WM 28 opponent, John Cena.

What will The Heartbreak Kid have to say to his best friend, Triple H, after The Game said two weeks ago that he was better than Shawn Michaels?

Is he going to be at every Raw between how and mania?

RBH

WWE's Royal Rumble PPV drew approximately 438,000 buys, according to a preliminary estimate WWE released in their February business figures released on the last day of the month.

The preliminary estimate is down from 446,000 total buys in 2011 and down from 462,000 buys in 2010.

The domestic split is 272,000 buys (62 percent) and 166,000 buys internationally (38 percent), which is a standard split.

The following is a break down of the past six years for what is WWE's second-most bought PPV of the year behind WrestleMania.

2007 - 491,000 buys
2008 - 533,000 buys
2009 - 450,000 buys
*** $5 price increase ***
2010 - 462,000 buys
2011 - 446,000 buys
2012 - 438,000 buys
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_58693.shtml

eric-bischoff-controversy-creates-cash-book-cover.jpg

good read

I have this book if anyone wants it, as long as you guys pay P&P (Clearing out bookshelf space).

In fact, I've got a few wrestling books if anyone wants them:

The Stone Cold Truth (Paperback)
Adam Copeland on Edge (Hardback)
Eric Bischoff: Controversy Creates Cash (Paperback)

Shipping from UK

ROH Video Wire; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RShcrijp0NI featuring an awesome promo from Kevin Steen hyping his match with Jimmy Jacobs on Sunday, Jay Lethal talking about defending the TV Title against Tomaso Ciampa and Team Richards talking about their match with Team Edwards in the main event of the 10th Anniversary iPPV this Sunday.

Also, El Generico will be making his EVOLVE debut at EVOLVE 11 on April 13th in Toronto and live on iPPV via http://www.wwnlive.com - so far the talent list for EVOLVE 11 is pretty stacked, although no matches have been announced yet;

-Chuck Taylor (6-3)
-Dave Finlay (1-0)
-Low Ki (1-0)
-AR Fox (2-1)
-Sami Callihan (3-3)
-Bobby Fish (2-4)
-Super Smash Brothers (1-2)
-El Generico (0-0)

Generico vs Taylor or Callihan would suit me fine.

If Dwayne isn't on every RAW leading up to WM28 then I'm going to laugh out loud...

...at Heavy

Dude I'm not even sure at this point if Dwayne will show up anymore, he may just back out of the match.

Cena really hurt and pissed him off with those comments, Rock was all shook for realsies

jmdajr

JR-Why do you like to recruit football players to train to be pro wrestlers?

The history of football players becoming successful pro wrestlers has long been established. Simply do the research. They are generally physically and mentally tough men, they come from a structured, team environment, understand the locker room mentality and obviously have above average athletic skills. Football is certainly not the only sport that should be scouted. Also, highly motivated, well trained independent wrestlers are also high on my personal list of people to scout. No matter one's background, athleticism and the 'it' factor are essential along with a passion for the genre.

did you guys ask JR this question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom