• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Remember when they asked Ziggler to dye his hair black to make him one of those 48 other guys in the back.
Ziggles dyed his hair black? Really?
Wow and all this time I just thought Evan Bourne grew three inches, aged three years, gained 50 pounds, went heel and was managed by Vickie Guerrero for a month.

That hair dye angle makes a lot more sense.

Before RAW starts, lets talk about the deeper meaning of the truck in the intro of WCW/NWO Revenge.

AWGMm.jpg
9xh1A.jpg

LqsJB.jpg
O6lX0.jpg

WHY?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Before RAW starts, lets talk about the deeper meaning of the truck in the intro of WCW/NWO Revenge.

AWGMm.jpg
9xh1A.jpg

LqsJB.jpg
O6lX0.jpg

WHY?

you dont get it? its a direct reference to the end of street fighter 2 animated movie. except instead of ryu looking down a 16 wheeler, its crow sting.

RBH

--In the six vs. six match at WrestleMania, lots of names have been discussed for the spots. The heel side was pretty much confirmed as Alberto Del Rio, Christian, Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger and David Otunga. A number of names have been discussed for the face side including Evan Bourne, Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara with the latter two dependent upon injuries. Three names are said to be a lock: Santino Marella, Kofi Kingston and R-Truth, but anything is subject to change at the last minute. Other names under consideration include Great Khali, Brodus Clay and Ezekiel Jackson.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...hday-ratings-why-rampage-wants-out-mark-henry

2012-03-12194855.jpg

I'm in my seat. None of my signs got confiscated so watch the beginning of RAW for the Wrassle GAF sign! "Let's go Cena, Cena sucks" chants have already started. Crowd should be hot tonight looks like a legit sellout.

Izick

My hope is that they're just trying to get the grassroots of the audience (young as possible) so that they can basically have it so they grow up with them.

Meaning, we have all the silly Cena shit for a while now, then when their audience gets a bit older, they turn up all the entertainment, make it a little more risque, whatever. Basically follow that model, and we'll have the Attitude Era style of over the top, and more adult in several years from now.

My hope is that they're just trying to get the grassroots of the audience (young as possible) so that they can basically have it so they grow up with them.

Meaning, we have all the silly Cena shit for a while now, then when their audience gets a bit older, they turn up all the entertainment, make it a little more risque, whatever. Basically follow that model, and we'll have the Attitude Era style of over the top, and more adult in several years from now.

Nope. Nothing will ever push WWE to do any drastic change in creative again unless some legitimate competition sprouts up against them. Whoever it will be needs to have money and not be afraid to try and make big moves. By big I mean signing the biggest stars of WWE like Cena and Orton and offering them huge deals to jump. If it wasn't for WCW Nitro there would have never been an attitude era.

DMeisterJ

Banned
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m519/billriccio/2012-03-12194855.jpg[IMG]

I'm in my seat. None of my signs got confiscated so watch the beginning of RAW for the Wrassle GAF sign! "Let's go Cena, Cena sucks" chants have already started. Crowd should be hot tonight looks like a legit sellout.[/QUOTE]

So ready to watch. Can't believe Vince decided to push WrassleGAF.

Nope. Nothing will ever push WWE to do any drastic change in creative again unless some legitimate competition sprouts up against them. Whoever it will be needs to have money and not be afraid to try and make big moves. By big I mean signing the biggest stars of WWE like Cena and Orton and offering them huge deals to jump. If it wasn't for WCW Nitro there would have never been an attitude era.

If I had a pillow, I would cry in it right nos

SoulPlaya

more money than God
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m519/billriccio/2012-03-12194855.jpg[IMG]

I'm in my seat. None of my signs got confiscated so watch the beginning of RAW for the Wrassle GAF sign! "Let's go Cena, Cena sucks" chants have already started. Crowd should be hot tonight looks like a legit sellout.[/QUOTE]
If Kane is getting beat up, then do something!

It's a cycle. Once the current audience grows older, the new batch of kids will come in to replace them. It's not like the 90's where entertainment in general were becoming more risque,(Jerry Springer is an example)

Cena will be doing the same act when he's 40+.

Izick

I wish this would happen. I remember when TNA was gaining steam, early, early, early on and I thought that we might see the return of wrasslin competition, but sadly no.

I have to think that someone out there is thinking that there is money to be made though. WWE has like 95% of the audience of wrestling shows, right? That's a lot of viewer ship that can be taken away. The WWE is so bland these days...if a company can appeal to the older crowd, they can do wonders. If they could steal away CM Punk, and maybe Cena even...oh god, what I would give to see something brand new from Cena.

I mean, it's almost biblical in its nature, but how great would it be to see Cena go to another company and make an epic heel turn, ala Hogan?

Who's hyped up to see more of the Kelly Kelly/Eve drama? Kelly has gotta try to talk Zack out of his relations with Eve. Who will Zack choose? #Team Eve or #Team Kelly?

I wish this would happen. I remember when TNA was gaining steam, early, early, early on and I thought that we might see the return of wrasslin competition, but sadly no.

I have to think that someone out there is thinking that there is money to be made though. WWE has like 95% of the audience of wrestling shows, right? That's a lot of viewer ship that can be taken away. The WWE is so bland these days...if a company can appeal to the older crowd, they can do wonders. If they could steal away CM Punk, and maybe Cena even...oh god, what I would give to see something brand new from Cena.

I mean, it's almost biblical in its nature, but how great would it be to see Cena go to another company and make an epic heel turn, ala Hogan?

Here's the thing. Noone in their right mind is going to start a wrestling company in a down period when all economic indicators point to wrestling being on it's way out as a form of entertainment they can make money off of. If anything would be started it would be an MMA company as that's what is "hot" right now. If Bischoff and Hogan steal the Spike timeslot from Dixie and get Spike to fund a wrestling company that would be the only thing that might be even possibly close. Otherwise you aren't going to see some magical investor with the money come up and want to do anything. Wrestling has no turnaround in sight as far as popularity.

with the WWE.com redesign I was thinking why doesn't WWE leverage that classics on demand stuff more?

Why isnt there a iOS / android app?

It would totally get more people using the service.

Would probably end up making more money then the network.

RBH

2012-03-12194855.jpg

I'm in my seat. None of my signs got confiscated so watch the beginning of RAW for the Wrassle GAF sign! "Let's go Cena, Cena sucks" chants have already started. Crowd should be hot tonight looks like a legit sellout.

Any dark matches or Superstars matches?

somedevil

Any dark matches or Superstars matches?

Here is the Dark Match:

Dark Match

1. Seth Rollins defeated Michael McGuillicuty via pinfall. McGuillicuty came out to some decent heat, Rollins didn't come out to any cheers or boos. Most of the crowd had no idea who he was, but Rollins won over the crowd with some very good moves.

Razorskin

----- ------
I hope they FE Hawkins and Reks and rehire them as actual janitors who appear sometimes in the background of backstage segments.

UberTag

I hope they FE Hawkins and Reks and rehire them as actual janitors who appear sometimes in the background of backstage segments.
I'm fine with this so long as Hawkins gets to keep his walking stick and Reks looks more like a homeless dude than he does now.

Ooooh... they're in Miz's hometown tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom