• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

Wres-tling?

I sir, am a fan, nay, a connoisseur of entertainment.

Remember Disco Inferno? I remember Disco Inferno

I enjoy myself for the most part, mainly because this place makes all the madness so hilarious. But I'll always come back to wrestling because of great matches that pop up, like CM Punk vs. Bryan and Ziggler vs. Kofi

ibd4NhReg93HuA.gif

Love me some postive WrassleGAF.

I fucking hate WWE '12

Is the series still shit? I heard that this was the year they were going to change everything, but it ended up only being a half-step.

Brinbe

Let me ask all of you a serious question WrassleGAF:

How do you feel about wrestling?
Have been a fan/follower for 20+ years now, so it's safe to say I enjoy it.

But having Wrassle-GAF definitely helps. First, it serves as an outlet to riff on it, MST3K-style, which surely helps get past some of the more ridiculous shit we're subjected to an a weekly basis, and get exposure to tons of great stuff from Indies/all over the world.

Is the series still shit? I heard that this was the year they were going to change everything, but it ended up only being a half-step.
A half step is pretty generous, I'd say. Some of the mechanics seem even shittier than last year.

Honestly, the only way we'll get a truly great wrestling game again is if a new dev takes it on, or they spend 2 years making it.

G-Fex

ibd4NhReg93HuA.gif

Love me some postive WrassleGAF.

It irritates the fuck out of me. It takes a lot of work to get some good stuff out of this game

Izick

A half step is pretty generous, I'd say. Some of the mechanics seem even shittier than last year.

Honestly, the only way we'll get a truly great wrestling game again is if a new dev takes it on, or they spend 2 years making it.

The last Smackdown vs. Raw was absolutely shit. It was fun to play with friends, kind of, like in an ironic way. All the wrestlers moved like they were robots with no joints.

It was always fun to laugh at how bad something would look, or how weird something would turn up being, like if three people attacked each other simultaneously.

“My God, thank you. Thank you very much. I'm almost embarrassed by the response, but when I see this, I know that the twenty five years that I've spent trying to make you happy every night of your life was worth every damn minute of it.”

Ric Flair

Its the greatest sport in the world today.

Izick

“My God, thank you. Thank you very much. I'm almost embarrassed by the response, but when I see this, I know that the twenty five years that I've spent trying to make you happy every night of your life was worth every damn minute of it.”

Ric Flair

Its the greatest sport in the world today.

ibgx5UFWVxQxkQ.gif

Take it a lot less serious now, which helps as I'm enjoying it more.

You used to take it seriously? I think I would be dead by now if I did.

Morgadeth

It's fun, but really glitchy. Glitchiest WWE game in years. I wish they'd release a new game every two years so they have time to iron out the bugs.

Kyoufu

Aside from CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler and Y2J, it's pretty crap.

It's not the roster that sucks the most, it's just awful writing/booking from the suits in the back that really don't do the roster any favours.

Izick

Aside from CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler and Y2J, it's pretty crap.

I was pretty perplexed as to why they decided not to give any of those men more than 7 minutes of screen time last week.

Instead we got crazy Cena in an empty arena, and the Rock reading historical quips off of his arm.

You used to take it seriously? I think I would be dead by now if I did.

Well, not SERIOUSLY. Just don't spend my time fantasy booking and thinking about all the things that could have been, and shitting on all the 'stupid' things that happen. Just watch it and enjoy it for what it is now.

Izick

Well, not SERIOUSLY. Just don't spend my time fantasy booking and thinking about all the things that could have been, and shitting on all the 'stupid' things that happen. Just watch it and enjoy it for what it is now.

Okay, I see what you mean, except "not shitting on it." What!? That's the best part these days though! That's why I like WrassleGAF.

I like that we can all in unison enjoy a great match, and then shit on (and make funny) a terrible match, or hilariously bad promo or segment.

*insert diva fart noise here*

Kaladin

pwinsider said:
Former NWA Tag Team champion Chase Stevens is backstage at Raw in Cleveland for the company to take a look at him.

At first I thought....Who? Then I looked him up on wikipedia and he was a part of the tag team The Naturals and I said "Oh those guys...." I haven't heard of those guys since 2006.

Okay, I see what you mean, except "not shitting on it." What!? That's the best part these days though! That's why I like WrassleGAF.

I like that we can all in unison enjoy a great match, and then shit on (and make funny) a terrible match, or hilariously bad promo or segment.

*insert diva fart noise here*

hahaha true. Its funny reading people crapping on the current product. I think the only thing that actually bugs me slightly at the moment is how packaged everyone is, yet given no freedom/time to get over.

All these little youtube segments and use of the internet (twitter feuds) are interesting, yet they're rarely referred to on TV.

DMeisterJ

Banned
it doesnt really matter anymore does it? you'll keep moving that goal line.

Clearly it does cause you're still bringing up something that happened in January. So say whatever you feel and get it off of your chest, regarding me. Then after you do that, build a bridge and get over it.

Whenever I watch Raw nostalgia streams, I'm awe struck by how much shit actually happens compared to now. I'm sure a lot of that is the lack of a dozen video packages, but they must have fewer ads. Which makes sense, I suppose, since they were getting much more revenue back then.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Clearly it does cause you're still bringing up something that happened in January. So say whatever you feel and get it off of your chest, regarding me. Then after you do that, build a bridge and get over it.

thats more than fine.

Whenever I watch Raw nostalgia streams, I'm awe struck by how much shit actually happens compared to now. I'm sure a lot of that is the lack of a dozen video packages, but they must have fewer ads. Which makes sense, I suppose, since they were getting much more revenue back then.

Yeah, plenty of 1-2 minute segments that get a character over (even if its 'daft' things like Al Snow and Steve Blackman). The crowd is shit hot too.

Izick

hahaha true. Its funny reading people crapping on the current product. I think the only thing that actually bugs me slightly at the moment is how packaged everyone is, yet given no freedom/time to get over.

All these little youtube segments and use of the internet (twitter feuds) are interesting, yet they're rarely referred to on TV.

Yeah I agree with that. I feel like the WWE's really just recycling the same several superstars over again, and not bumping any of the midcards up and giving them a chance for the most part. They did help CM Punk reach complete stardom, although I would argue that he did that himself with the quality of promo he cut. Ziggler is starting to see success as while, or at least he was. Zack Ryder was starting to make waves, until the WWE

ioQ18RBdi3wnv.gif

him with that stupid half-baked Kane storyline, that they never even followed through.

I just think they don't realize that Cena, Orton, and Sheamus aren't that exciting, or at least not enough to keep re-shuffling them over and over again in the same bland storylines. They aren't the Rock or Stone Cold. Those two were literally the top 2 most entertaining guys of all time. You could get away with re-using them, because they always drew hear and cheers. You can't do that with these 3 guys. (I like Sheamus a bit more though than the other two, admittedly.)

I think many have touched it on before that nearly everyone currently on the roster is the same guy, but with a different hairstyle. Everyone is middle of the road. There are no clear characters.

They want to be a soap opera, without blatantly labelling themselves as one, yet they have no real defining characters.

The Miz - Jericho - CM Punk (basically 3 people being the same character with a polar swing around Jericho)

I think many have touched it on before that nearly everyone currently on the roster is the same guy, but with a different hairstyle. Everyone is middle of the road. There are no clear characters.

They want to be a soap opera, without blatantly labelling themselves as one, yet they have no real defining characters.

The Miz - Jericho - CM Punk (basically 3 people being the same character with a polar swing around Jericho)

Remember when they asked Ziggler to dye his hair black to make him one of those 48 other guys in the back.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

In general, as far as the business the past 20-30 years go, I think it's pretty amazing. There's nothing like the fan relationship people have with these men who wrestle for decades. Sports have a team relationship, you don't see actors live weekly, and you only see concerts and stand up comedy every so often.

In modern times, I hope it gets better because I have a fan relationship with any full time wrestler.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Seriously. How many arrogant heels can you fucking have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom