• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Sephzilla

This week is the week!

A7EtD92.png

GWF 2: Sweet
Date: Friday, March 24, 2017
Time: 8:00PM Eastern/7:00PM Central (1:00 AM GMT)
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla

u8ab6rk.png

After crowning our first ever GWF World Champion at GWF1, the rest of the GWF world begins to take shape as GWF2 presents not one but two elimination style contests in order to crown our first ever GWF Tag Team and GWF B+ Champions!

Note 1: All Tag Team matches are done in Elimination Tornado Tag Team format
Note 2: Kornflayx vs Syder rematch is already booked for GWF3, regardless of whether or not Syder wins the B+ Championship.
Note 3: If you aren't on this card, don't worry. It doesn't mean I've forgotten you.

Match Card:

GWF Tag Team Championship Tournament Round 1 Match
RBH & DMczaf (Team WCW) vs Bronx-Man & Ithil (The Just Friends)

The Savior of the WCW and the GWF's Certified Shooter unite for a shot at the GWF Tag Team Championship. Can they stop the Just Friends duo of Bronx-Man and Ithil, who are riding momentum from their dominating win over the New Japan Express at GWF 1? Will GeorgiaDome.gif shine proudly?

GWF B+ Championship Round 1 TLC Match
Caderfix vs The Strokes vs Kaladin vs korly vs Syder vs Anth0ny

Multiple strong up and comers of GWF fight to advance to the GWF B+ Championship match. Syder and Korly have momentum coming in from GWF1 and the other entrants are hungry to for gold after coming up short in the GWF Championship Rumble.

GWF Tag Team Championship Round 1 Match
Browny & Menome (The Brenemies) vs Biggest-Geek-Ever & Zach (The Huggers of Destruction)

Two men who may or may not have an inner distane for each other taking on a team that is fueled by #HugLyfe. Who will move on to the GWF Tag Team Championship match? The crowd is wondering if we'll see Biggest-Geek-Ever pull out another jaw dropping Phenom Splash

GWF Championship #1 Contender Match - Winner faces Beefy at GWF3
FallingEdge vs Tall4Life

After his shocking debut in the GWF Championship Royal Rumble, FallingEdge put on a dominant display eliminating multiple superstars and making a name for himself in the World Title division. This performance has put him on the path towards the GWF Championship. Standing in his way is Tall4Life, the man who once again crushed the dreams of Atlanta Falcon's fans at GWF1 and is hoping he can Superbowl Punch his way to Beefy at GWF3.

GWF B+ Championship Round 1 TLC Match
imbask vs sf2fanatic vs BronsonLee vs Serpentine vs BewareTheBatsie vs OwensIsNow

Who will move on to fight for the GWF B+ Championship? Will it be BronsonLee, the man that growth spurts forgot? Will we be chanting URAH URAH OWENSISNOW? Or will everyone just give up to BewareTheBatsie?

GWF Tag Team Championship Match
Winner of Team WCW/Just Friends vs Winner of Brenemies/Huggers of Destruction

GWF B+ Championship Match
Ladder Match 1 Winner vs Ladder Match 2 Winner

klonere

Banned
Nope. Would have if they cut out all the bullshit inbetween real missions though.

Huh, well I picked it up for 15 euro, I'm sure I'll get my money's worth at least.

Shibata's first shot at the title since 2004!

4SXJsRC.gif

I'm kinda surprised that Shibata/Ishii/Makabe et al. powerviolence crew never brought back the soccer kick to the head stuff given that they were throwing everything else out there.

klonere

Banned
I think Bronx-Man and Ithil will do fine work on the morning local cable affil news circuit. A perfectly presentable pair of young men and well spoken too! I hope they can represent GFW in the future.

Conversely, people like Zach and that other guya need to be locked up.

imBask

Banned
i'm glad nobody's talking about my match because i'm just happy to be here :)

Thanks for the opportunity VinceZilla I really appreciate it :)

Why do you fear two WoC main eventing GWF, Sephzillo?! Leave Zach in his echo chamber and give the people what they want!

Beefy vs OwensIsNow

Kaladin

So Saturday night I attended a somewhat local indie for the first time. It's NWA Southeastern. It was in small town South GA called Pavo. All of their events take place in a place called the Peacock Center in a super small room in the building.

It was interesting. Southern wrestling at it's finest. They packed that little room. You've heard of no one who wrestled this show, but they're all local stars even if the wrestling isn't that great. They had their first ever women's match that night, and I shit you not: it ended with a roll-up. They had like several factions. One was a good old boys club which featured the General Manager and they were on a quest to take all the gold. Another was kind of like hot topic juggalos while another looked like those puny kids you see at punk rock shows in a pit. They had two talk show segments and they even had a cruiserweight division but it was closer to 105 than 205.

Overall, it was well put together for what it was and was entertaining for $8. Never expect good wrasslin at a local indie, just expect a good time.

RBH

Team WCW would be great representatives of GWF if we got the chance to interview with all of the local news and radio stations!

He might not be in the match, but Roman's still firmly in the title scene.
I look at it in the way of fighting for the belt.

Roman went into the title scene by winning the rumble in 2015, then Seth took the belt at Wrestlemania 31 and held it until his injury. Roman and Dean were both the main contenders to win the belt. Roman got it, lost it, got it again, lost it to Triple H who then fought Ambrose for it before dropping it to Roman. Roman was champ until he dropped it to Seth who dropped it to Ambrose, who held onto the belt until Backlash and dropped it but still remained in the title scene and during that time Seth was going for the Universal Championship since it was announced. And then Roman went into a title feud with KO that lasted until the rumble, and even then Ambrose went into the Elimination Chamber match for the world title. Now all three of them have feuds that don't concern a world championship.

And now my head hurts. Shield have dominated the title scene for two years straight.

Kaladin

Unfortunately, due to delays in US visa processing NJPW stars Jushin Liger and YOSHI-HASHI will be unable to attend Supercard of Honor as originally planned. We apologize to fans excited to see these 2 performers, and share your disappointment in the unavoidable situation.

Ring of Honor and NJPW officials are excited to announce replacement talent for Supercard of Honor... New Japan stars and former IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions The Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Roa) have been added to to the Supercard of Honor lineup and will join fellow Bullet Club member Hangman Page in a 6-Man Tag Team Showdown against the team of The Briscoe's and Bully Ray!

Ia a Fuck Trump response appropriate here?

The RAW title scene is Roman + the guy he's gonna beat for it.

This coming year is genuinely going to be the worst. Brock appearing every now and then to defend a belt we know he won't lose until next Mania, when Roman takes it from him. It's going to be infuriating. On the plus side, could really make stars of the US championship belt fight again - although I'm assuming that's Seth Vs Finn Vs KO vs Joe in some roundabout series of whatevers?

Top Bottom