• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

So D.Bry's win percentage in 2013 was 83%, tied with Sheamus/RVD at no.2
John Cena was 95%

I don't know how this is calculated but enjoy!

edit; Rey has never been below 60%!

wwf_1997_2013_winlossrecords.jpg

Not even Scott Steiner can argue with that.

UberTag

So D.Bry's win percentage in 2013 was 83%
John Cena was 95%

I don't know how this is calculated but enjoy!
The Great Khali's consistency metric should pretty much tell you how much this ultimately means.

Let's compare two matches...
Daniel Bryan vs. Brotista - 2010
Daniel Bryan vs. Big Dave - 2014

It's fun to watch these two matches and see how much slower Dave is and how much worse the commentary is.
It's also fun to think that Dave was heading out of the company one month after the first match and is now poised to win the greatest prize in the entire sport after the second match.

jmdajr

The Great Khali's consistency metric should pretty much tell you how much this ultimately means.

Well obviously it doesn't show you who they are fighting, or for what.

So since win loss are not a true gage what is the ultimate gauge?

Titles? People will say it used to.

TV time? Well D. Bry has gotten tons of that.

Main Events? I guess people might go with this. Cena has been the top dog no matter if he had the title, or how many wins he got. But granted, he got a fuck ton of them!

Kaladin

Let's compare two matches...
Daniel Bryan vs. Brotista - 2010
Daniel Bryan vs. Big Dave - 2014

It's fun to watch these two matches and see how much slower Dave is and how much worse the commentary is.
It's also fun to think that Dave was heading out of the company one month after the first match and is now poised to win the greatest prize in the entire sport after the second match.

Did I hear Cole say at one point that the 2014 match was a first time ever?

Downhome

I just downloaded the first episode of The Ross Report and subscribed to it. The very first thing, the Deer Hunter 2014 commercial, is freakin' hilarious. Oh man, I loved that so much.

Also, there is no excuse for any podcast to not sound just about perfect. Poor audio quality on podcasts and radio shows is one of my biggest pet peeves. If you have any money at all, and you care at all, you should be darn close to crystal clear. Even at F4W, Bryan, in the studio at least, has fantastic audio.

I listen to a show called The Mike O'Meara Show (TMOS, formerly of The Don & Mike Show) and they do the show from Mike's house and the audio is PERFECT. Just listen to a few seconds of it...

www.mikeomearashow.com

It just drives me up the wall, and yes, I know this is very OCD of me.

jmdajr

Listening to The Regal interview on Steve Austin's show and goes to show that I know nothing about British/European wrestling. Interesting stories but I can't put faces to the characters except Finley who seems to have been a real fucking jerk. Well Regal says that's just how the business was, but still.

Son Of D

Did I hear Cole say at one point that the 2014 match was a first time ever?

I believe he did. But aren't most of these matches "For the first time ever" these days? Going back 7 years but I remember King saying (paraphrased) "I don't think I've ever seen this before" when it was just Taker and Michaels left in the Rumble (in response to it being those two 1v1).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm gonna spend all day posting legit, strong opinions of mine in gaming-side and see if I survive the day.

jmdajr

I think I'm gonna spend all day posting legit, strong opinions of mine in gaming-side and see if I survive the day.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

here's a rant.

I bought an Xbox Live membership card because it was on sale for 39.99. Why not extend now instead of waiting for Summer. Try to reedem code. Can't. Call text support and they can't help me. Weeks later some guy sends me an email with a new code. That works, but somehow that ended canceling my previous subscription. Now I'm getting dicked around saying I didn't lose any months
If they don't fix it I'm done. I don't want to be one of those uber Xbox haters but it's been pretty much crap lately.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh you guys are silly. I wouldn't get banned for bringing logic and opinions together in my posts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
History would indicate that this is not what you do!
Or do you forget the large bounty on your head from AtlusGAF?!

You're going to have to show me some holes in my logic. Chie DOES suck. As a character. In-game combat too.

Aiii

So not worth it
What in the living dick is going on with AJ's face

I don't know man, emotional stress getting to her and on the verge of a nervous breakdown or just a bad picture taken at a bad time. I DON'T KNOW!

I bet the dirt sheets can spin it into a story though.

You're going to have to show me some holes in my logic. Chie DOES suck. As a character. In-game combat too.

Woa hey now man
In Golden she's awesome. Her/Yukiko/Naoto is da team!

... Though compared to those two she sucks and is interchangeable (especially to Naoto and her broken ass Shield of Justice)

Noam Dar;

Noam.gif

Ricochet;

Ricochet.gif

Big dropkick from Devitt;

Devitt.gif

Devitt vs Ricochet was as awesome as I remembered it, both guys were so on-point throughout the match. Well worth checking out if you get the chance.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Noam Dar :/

Go-hoam Dar

I don't know, I hate this guy now. I didn't used to. I think it was because I followed him on Twitter briefly and I couldn't get through his pidgin English.

Since I can actually use WWE Network on my 360 now, had more time to just sit around and fire up NXT replays. Kicking myself for sleeping for so long.

I'm not naive enough to think every show will be like ArRIVAL, but there's a higher quality to the wrestling that definitely overshadows the lo-fi setup. Everybody seems to try to work their ass off to break through, even shitty wrestlers like CJ Parker. The storylines the show does have feel rewarding because they're aired 'old school,' weeks between slight interactions and progressions...and I'd venture to say that NXT women carry their show a hell of a lot more than the Divas and main WWE programming. Also, they very obviously built up the special quite well.

And I can't remember whoever hyped up Bailey's booty and made it seem "meh"

...but she really does have a lil fatty on the low
q1pDLUq.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Help me out more Gaming-side regulars - how the fuck is an unreleased Smash game at 5 OTs? What the hell are people talking about?

This is like the first time I've agreed with you on video games.

Oh, I'm sure there's more... :)

I'm sure plans may have changed but I just listened to a radio ad promoting a live event in MSG with a Cena/Batista vs Bray Wyatt/Randy Orton main event.

That doesn't seem likely with the recent TV developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom