• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

KissVibes

Banned
Can't wait until two weeks from now, where Bryan turns heel and gets recruited into THE SHIELD only to break free of their brainwashing the week after!

Edgeward

Then gets booked in a fatal four way for WM with the Shield and is placed even lower on the card.

And gets pinned by Reigns

Ok look some people in this thread clearly just don't like Daniel Bryan. Whether it's to entice a reaction from people who like him or just flat out just make a joke about it for the sake of making a joke about it, It's fine.

But in all seriousness, are you all legit excited for the Orton/Batista main event as far as the actual in ring action goes? I wanna hear ANY justifications for this match with no sarcasm or jokes. Just shoot. Why do you want to see this?

Maybe it's for people who stopped watching around the time Batista left? (not solely because of Batista but they had better things to do or something I don't know)

I'm really not seeing the appeal either, little kids don't seem to be digging Batista and he doesn't really have the backing of the hardcore wrestling fan either obviously. It is hilarious how much people did not give a damn about Batista from the get go.

Honestly I just think people are hating on Bryan (who is not perfect, just to get that out there, he was clearly upstaged by Steph and Haitch Monday) just because it's the cool thing now since he's popular now. Other than that I just don't know.

Whatever I'll just chill the fuck out. Smackdown is basically DLC when it comes to storylines anyway.

DiscoJon

Banned
March 4th (AKA International Marching Band Appreciation Day) is drawing to a close and I, DiscoJon, The MASTER of the Marching Arts, has decided to close out half-time with our favorite leader of the band, ARCHIBALD PECK.
1392751618275.png

Archibald debuts!
archibald-peck.jpg

The most amazing segment in Chikara history!
0.jpg

Archie 3:16!

Wrasslegaf...
tumblr_mxfczdLLWl1sxhbgro2_400.jpg

You're welcome.
tumblr_mxfczdLLWl1sxhbgro4_400.jpg

Does anyone know of the big puroresu events in Japan this year? I figure since I live here now I should go to one. My only live experiences being local indies and and WWE.

New Japan are running a lot of big venues this year;

. 04/06 - Invasion Attack at Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo
. 05/25 - Back to Yokohama at Yokohama Arena
. 08/10 - G1 Climax 2014 FINAL at Seibu Dome, Saitama

Also, DDT have their annual big show in August;

. 08/17 - Peter Pan 2014 at Saitama Super Arena

I also think they're running Ryogoku Kokugikan at some point, not sure of the dates.

strobogo

Banned
I've been watching random wwf ppvs from 1999-2000 tonight and...I don't any of this outside of the main events. I'm really starting to warm up to the idea that the Attitude Era really wasn't as good as people thought it was, and that it was mostly as forgettable as I thought it was outside of a few memorable things. Or maybe I'm being too hard on it. I don't know.

All I know is that hardcore "wrestling" is hillbilly redneck shit and not wrestling. Especially when all they do is punch each other around backstage and throw each other into random objects. This shit is so boring.

Attitude Era was more about the TV than the PPVs, and definitely more about characters/stories than match quality. 1999 is particularly bad for in ring stuff, but 2000 is one of the best in ring years WWF ever had.

But in all seriousness, are you all legit excited for the Orton/Batista main event as far as the actual in ring action goes? I wanna hear ANY justifications for this match with no sarcasm or jokes. Just shoot. Why do you want to see this?
Orton is good in the ring, and Batista makes me laugh with how bad he is in the ring. That's the only reason I'd wanna see it.
Every time I read this thread title in my subscriptions, I read it as Mecha Wrasslin.

That'd be fucking awesome.

I find it amusing how forgiving people are of the headshot bullshit in the Attitude Era, yet scream bloody murder if exposed to deathmatch wrestling. Barbed wire and light-tube cuts heal, serious head trauma doesn't. I couldn't properly watch the Rock vs Mankind I Quit match, it's just so amazingly reckless.

Anth0ny

Ok look some people in this thread clearly just don't like Daniel Bryan. Whether it's to entice a reaction from people who like him or just flat out just make a joke about it for the sake of making a joke about it, It's fine.

I'm excited to see the most poorly received Mania match of all time.

It would be worse than Lesnar/Goldberg, I'm certain.

I find it amusing how forgiving people are of the headshot bullshit in the Attitude Era, yet scream bloody murder if exposed to deathmatch wrestling. Barbed wire and light-tube cuts heal, serious head trauma doesn't. I couldn't properly watch the Rock vs Mankind I Quit match, it's just so amazingly reckless.

It's not something I'd want to see return, but some of those chairshots are so brutal, and in context with the era are interesting to watch. Not in a blood lust fashion like you and your deathmatch cohorts, but as, like......a scientific study or something. The HBK/Vince one from WM22, for example, sounds insane. The Rock cracking Shamrock in the face is like something out of Manhunt, and Taker wrapping a chair around Mr. Kennedy/Anderson's neck is just a crazy visual. The egregiously unsafe stuff like Mike Awesome/Tanaka, and The Rock/Mankind isn't fun to watch, though, I'll grant you that.

Wah wah Daniel's not in the main event.

Wah wah Daniel's in the main event but he's getting beat.

Wash wah Daniel's in the main event and winning but getting buried afterward.

Wah wah Daniel's in the main event, winning, and celebrating, but I don't like his tag partner.

Perfect reason why the WWE shouldn't listen to you.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't even think it's inconsistency or throwing shit at the wall anymore. There's absolutely a plan, there are motives, and there is total consistency, especially in the last 3 years. It's like CM Punk's "Shoot" was a blessing and a curse because him tapping into that hardcore audience and unearthing the "voice of the smarks" right in front of Vince's eyes all of a sudden gave them a whole new source of entertainment. Now EVERYTHING'S a work on EVERYONE.

And you can say "Well, if you pay for a ticket the WWE's already won," but since when did it become a contest? Why are fans having to try and WIN the show? The WWE should always and forever be about entertaining people and keeping things exciting, not competing with them and running meta-ass storylines. The Chicago crowd wasn't hot because they were engaged, they were hot because they were rejecting damn near everything on the show. Is that the kind of hot crowds we really want?
You're right, it's all just meta, it's like a wrestling twilight zone.
So who is responsible for AJ losing them thighs. Kaitlyn or Punk

-snip
Punk obviously, he doesn't exercise.

strobogo

Banned
Wah wah Daniel's not in the main event.

Wah wah Daniel's in the main event but he's getting beat.

Wash wah Daniel's in the main event and winning but getting buried afterward.

Wah wah Daniel's in the main event, winning, and celebrating, but I don't like his tag partner.

Perfect reason why the WWE shouldn't listen to you.

Looks like we finally found JBL's GAF account, Maggle.

Looks like we finally found JBL's GAF account, Maggle.

Better to be JBL than somebody bitching that Bryan Danielson, of all people, is going to be in the third biggest match at Wrestlemania.

I'm sorry I'm not upset that Bryan isn't tapping John Cena, Randy Orton, and The Big Show on the same night in ten seconds a piece.

I don't hate him, i am just puzzled how he got so popular as (hate to sound like HHH) he doesn't look like a superstar (not knowing his career history). I guess it takes a while to accept someone ? Ignoring his pre WWF/WWE career........ I did not become a fan of Chris Jericho until late 2001 (the feud against The Rock - i was growing tired of The Rock's schtick and grew to like Jericho's style... was a fan ever since). But i will be surprised if i ever turn the corner and start to appreciate Bryan. If a Bryan win doesn't lead to anywhere............. i would actually prefer HHH won the match to be honest (i am someone that thinks HHH should stay away). The crowd reaction would be worth it.

I don't want to see an Orton v Batista main event, it is bad for business. They should have seen this at the Rumble. Both rarely have good matches with others, putting them together is asking for the audience to sabotage the match. Crowd interaction is my only interest in the main event, i want to experience something like the crowd ripping into Lesnar at WrestleMania XX.

strobogo

Banned
Better to be JBL than somebody bitching that Bryan Danielson, of all people, is going to be in the third biggest match at Wrestlemania.

I'm sorry I'm not upset that Bryan isn't tapping John Cena, Randy Orton, and The Big Show on the same night in ten seconds a piece.

I don't give a fuck what you're not upset about. Wah wah is a thing JBL says. No need to get hot about it.

Nah, just a long time grizzled veteran of the Smark Wars.

You better buckle up, son, the Smark Wars ain't gonna slow down no time soon. They're heating up more than ever, in fact. Forecast calls for massive casualties on all sides.

I don't give a fuck what you're not upset about. Wah wah is a thing JBL says. No need to get hot about it.

He's always hot, stro, get with the program. That's his gimmick.

Big One

Banned
The more you anger the crowd, it's just going to cause a slow burn till these people straight up stop buying tickets. Smarks will always watch WWE no matter what cause they love wrestling as a whole. But WWE is pissing off more casuals than smarks, and casuals are more than willing to abandon wrestling just like they did when Stone Cold left and ratings tanked. If most of the fans want something, give it to them. I'm sure Vince realizes this or else he's going to lose a lot of money with this angle if DB gets buried at Wrestlemania.

Rapstah

Real talk, JBL does the "wah wah" thing way too much. Seems like the thing Vince found hilarious once so he keeps on doing it.

Completely out of context, here's a picture of Naito intently studying a microphone.

GXTIGcZ.jpg

New Japan 42nd Anniversary on iPPV tomorrow;

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

. Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi
. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs Shinsue Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii
. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows

Hasney

I don't hate him, i am just puzzled how he got so popular as (hate to sound like HHH) he doesn't look like a superstar (not knowing his career history). I guess it takes a while to accept someone ? Ignoring his pre WWF/WWE career........ I did not become a fan of Chris Jericho until late 2001 (the feud against The Rock - i was growing tired of The Rock's schtick and grew to like Jericho's style... was a fan ever since). But i will be surprised if i ever turn the corner and start to appreciate Bryan. If a Bryan win doesn't lead to anywhere............. i would actually prefer HHH won the match to be honest (i am someone that thinks HHH should stay away). The crowd reaction would be worth it.

Every era needs a Mikey Whipwreck who just seems like an average schmo who can take it to the big guys, that underdog type. They always get their title reign(s) in at the height of their popularity, even Mankind & Jericho when we had Rock and Austin so it seems odd that Bryan hasn't had his proper reign, because Orton and Cena are not Rock and Austin.

You could argue that CM Punk was that guy until he left though, so pulling the trigger on Bryan almost straight after Punk could have been seen as a little premature (like Batistas gassing HURRR), but it will probably happen if things go as they are. Bryan just needs to snap a little and put HHH in the Yes Lock with no words like he did to HBK.

I just finished watching WrestleMania V, about to make gifs. one thing though - that finish to Hogan/Savage was BULLSHIT. i'm about 25 years late to the program, i know but god damn

What are you takling about, nerd? Take your trekkie wars, shine em up real nice, and make like a leaf.

This is real life we're talking about here, not B+ fiction. We're A+ players.

You're right. I should be talking about Net_Wrecker's personal favorite Star Wars movie, Attack of the Clones.

Net_Wrecker said:
Yo, real talk: Attack of the Clones is NOT a bad movie. It has a couple of cheesy lines, but it's easily better than Empire Strikes Back no matter the criteria.

#NoConfidence

Vylash

I hate overly violent matches in general, I much prefer the current safe style of WWE these days, most matches from when they knew jack shit about concussions honestly make me sick

BANKRUPT CZW!

strobogo

Banned
oh ya. Hogan was before my time, brother

Oh. Well that was Hogan's deal. He'd sell a lot during the match, then get hit with a finisher. The finisher would amp him up and he'd no sell everything and win with the leg drop. Forever and ever. In WCW, there was a match where Savage did the flying elbow to him on purpose to allow him to Hulk Up. I don't remember if it was on PPV or not, but if it is, it must be giffed.

Oh. Well that was Hogan's deal. He'd sell a lot during the match, then get hit with a finisher. The finisher would amp him up and he'd no sell everything and win with the leg drop. Forever and ever. In WCW, there was a match where Savage did the flying elbow to him on purpose to allow him to Hulk Up. I don't remember if it was on PPV or not, but if it is, it must be giffed.
huh, I didn't actually know that the finisher was part of the hulking up process. that WCW thing sounds SO amazingly WCW though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom