• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Backlund losing his shit
525sh1.gif

Yes! This is what's missing from Wrestling, no one every reacts to shit in the ring. It's all really emotionless, which is why that Cesaro v Sami Zyan match was amazing it had a shit ton of emotion and reaction.

Scottify

Hey, welcome back Lambda! West Ham aren't doing too badly for a 19th century footballing side :)

That Backlund gif is awesome. As is Backlund.

I recently saw a table that if you only counted goals in the Premier League that were scored by Englishmen, West Ham would be #2 in the table, trailing only Liverpool. Edit: Apologies, they'd be fourth.

English Only Table

I'm a Backlund fan, gotta support the fellow Minnesotans.

Hey, welcome back Lambda! West Ham aren't doing too badly for a 19th century footballing side :)

That Backlund gif is awesome. As is Backlund.

fuckin Hammers, i blame everyone else getting worse.

Bob getting stiffed and losing his shit vs Funaki was great:

28ms8u.gif

also, you gonna love this:

before Vader
c02b0u2l.gif

60 seconds with Vader
c10dgu3r.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
wb Lambda.

We lose one today, we get one back. Circle of Life.

Regarding metrics, Strobogo's remastering of gifs is getting a big amount of traffic as did the Mania IV review. Things look good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
eRYG4Ju.jpg

??

Who got banned?

Carnby. He hates fedora warriors. I think last page I linked a couple of his last posts.

Those of you reviewing Manias, how do you do your notes? I've been using a paper and pen, writing down the gist of things and writing timestamps down for gifs. I think that's efficient - as efficient as can be, I guess.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Carnby. He hates fedora warriors. I think last page I linked a couple of his last posts.

Those of you reviewing Manias, how do you do your notes? I've been using a paper and pen, writing down the gist of things and writing timestamps down for gifs. I think that's efficient - as efficient as can be, I guess.

I've been reviewing non wrestling stuff and that's one of the better ways to do things.

If you really want to do extensive play by play though you need to start and stop which takes forever.

Aiii

So not worth it
Guys guys, whatever you do, don't get involved in religious threads or related debates in the OT. It never ends well, never!

Uh.. Lemme look:
Me: @BronsonLee
Sunny: @Sunflower4000
Boots: @SenorLARIATO
Shark Johnson: @MrSharkJohnson
Mr Luchador: @MrLuchador
Matthew Gallant: @matthewjgallant
Xater: @Xater_
FallingEdge: @FallingEdge
spindashing: @spindashing
Mr. Sandman: @JWOUTLAW13
Sephzilla: @Sephzilla
dmczaf: @dmczaf
Rapstah: @am_rapstah
tj hazuki: @newbornstarr
TL21xx: @TL21xx
WhoaIsThatMars: @WhoaIsThatMars
tm24: @mightytm24
Pavaloo: @pavaloo
Anth0ny: @anthh0ny

I've probably missed some.
Deal with it.
Or send them to me, whatevers
@SerpentineZero
I tweet shit sometimes about whatever

I had a mini window document where i'd type as i'd watch. not a good way to do it, as i learned, because you're essentially doing two things at once and i constantly had to skip back and rewatch things i'd missed. and the WWE Network player is SHIT at doing that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys guys, whatever you do, don't get involved in religious threads or related debates in the OT. It never ends well, never!

That Strongman pic has got a lot of mileage out of people.

strobogo

Banned
I had a Bootista Nyquil dream. He rolled in as my new boss right around the time my wheels were so slow from coasting before I quit my job that I didn't even know where my PC was or my network login. That day I had been drinking wine and was about to go take a shower and he asked me if I was going to work or not. I pretended to work and realized I didn't want to, so I shook his hand and he walked me out. On the way out, he told me that I should make sure my opinions agree 100% with the stock I own in the next place.

The work place was a mix of a hotel I stayed at on my road trip, my middle school, my high school, an apartment I lived at, and a beach. And he was in his wrestling gear. It was pre-botox Bootista.

i write my shit on a txt file as i watch the matches.

Me too, which is a little harder now since the Network player takes up so much room and can't be made smaller.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I had a Bootista Nyquil dream. He rolled in as my new boss right around the time my wheels were so slow from coasting before I quit my job that I didn't even know where my PC was or my network login. That day I had been drinking wine and was about to go take a shower and he asked me if I was going to work or not. I pretended to work and realized I didn't want to, so I shook his hand and he walked me out. On the way out, he told me that I should make sure my opinions agree 100% with the stock I own in the next place.

The work place was a mix of a hotel I stayed at on my road trip, my middle school, my high school, an apartment I lived at, and a beach. And he was in his wrestling gear.

Sounds like a pretty cool dream tbh

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

No.
if the word 'Gender' or 'sex' is involved in the thread title, stay the fuck away. It's like saying Benoit in a WWE ring.

Jamie OD

Uh.. Lemme look:
Serpentine: @SerpentineZero

Deal with it.

Hey yo. @JamieOD

Uh.. Lemme look:

Deal with it.

I'm @elpescado

I've been retweeted by AJ Lee and Cyber Stunnered by Stone Cold Steve Austin so I'm arguably the best WrassleGAFer on Twitter.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what the perfect topic is - that seems innocent (and is) yet people wanting to comment drag it down to the depths of hell. The homeless man lottery ticket one was a surprise, but shouldn't have been.

Uh.. Lemme look:
JamieOD: @JamieOD

Deal with it.

@ProfessorBeef

I rarely tweet about wrestling.

Uh.. Lemme look:
ElPescado: @elpescado
Professor Beef: @ProfessorBeef

Deal with it.

I'm on at @smylie

Vylash

Uh.. Lemme look:
ElPescado: @elpescado
Professor Beef: @ProfessorBeef

Deal with it.

@CureVylash

I rarely tweet wrestling though

BELLATOR - RAMPAGE JACKSON vs CHRISTIAN M'PUMBU - 2014

rampage1cxkep.gif

this is the shortest time between a review and the actual broadcast of the match. on one corner, former Impact Wrestling superstar and Main Event Mafia member, Rampage Jackson. on the other, a can called M'Pumbu. seriously, it's 2014 and M'Pumbu doesn't cut weight, he's sub 200lb for this fight. M'Pumbu said he was gonna retire Rampage for good in the pre-fight build up. this is part of a 4 men Light Heavyweight tournament to determine the next number 1 contender. previously on the show, another former Impact Wrestling superstar, King Mo, advanced by earning a decision over some russian can. Rampage comes out. love this guy. chain in neck, howling. one of the most charismatic guys in MMA. has the right combination of iron chin and heavy hands.

rampage2m1jn4.gif

had to gif this awkward fist bump into open palm combo. was that guy waiting for Rampage to hug it out with him?

rampage3cdj06.gif

fight begins, Rampage planted in the middle of the cage, M'Pumbu refusing to engage which to Rampage taunting him and getting taunted back.

rampage43yjfq.gif

timid M'Pumbu keeps throwing the occasional strike till we see a big flurry by Rampage, got a couple of solid shots there.

rampage560k56.gif

they end up in the clinch. M'Pumbu is trying to wall n' stall but refree Big John McCarthy stops the clinch due to inactivity from both guys. we go back to Rampage trying to close in the distance and land a shot. AND HE DOES!! left hand gets the side of M'Pumbu's head, he goes down. now Rampage is on top of him, puts his knee over M'Pumbu shoulder and BAM, 3 shorts right hand send M'Pumbu on a trip to the astral plane. winner via KO, Rampage Jackson.

rampage7jcjs4.gif

M'Pumbu protests the stoppage but the replay shows his soul exiting and the returning to his body. look at them eyes rolled to the back of his head.

rampage6xkkvn.gif

howling at the moon! Rampage celebrates and oh boy now he got a mic in front of him...

rampage80mkq9.gif

"LISTEN... THESE GUYS... THEY THINK I'M FINISHED?! HE SAID HE WAS GONNA RETIRE ME?! I TOOK THAT PERSONAL!! BELLATOR, YALL DON'T KNOW WHATCHA MESSIN WITH!! I'M A MOOOONSTA!!! I'M TAKING EVERYBODY OUT, ANYBODY STEPPIN THIS CAGE, THEY GOIN TO SLEEP!! YOU!!! YOU NEXT, YOU NEXT, YOU NEXT!! I'M THE MAN AT BELLATOR NOW, I TOOK YO SPOT!!"

rampage9ypkav.gif

great, simple, straight to the point promo. this is how simple it is. one guy wants to hurt the other guy, the other guy wants to hurt him too. there's your feud, your build up. it's a work? sure, but it's done well, so we tag along. May 17, 2014 is when the match happens. stay tuned as i'll 100% review that too.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

mrboo001

Banned

I've been using a laptop but generally that's how I am doing it.

gurudyne

Notepad to one side, stream on the other, rambling thoughts as the show goes on, noted the spots I wanted then giffed them between matches. Later turned the notes into an article. Went back and heavily edited both the gifs and the article before posting. Pen and paper might work better if you're used to them, but my manual writing skills aren't what they used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom