• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too... :(

There's only one WrassleGAFer who knows my super-secret identity, and he's held that info like a champ, but I'm sure there are others I could trust here too. With great power comes great responsibility.

My twitter is used about 90% for wrasslin' too, but it's not something I can turn into a gimmick account at this point.

Zack Ryder confirmed.

Sorry. No contact Oustide the Neogaf ring.

Solo rental car.

HHH Confirmed. Solo Rental Car = WWE Private Jet.

kirblar

Maybe my perspective is skewed but I've always considered Sheamus a big man and Harper is slightly bigger than Sheamus.
One of the things the decisionmakers underestimate is how much less the size difference (or actual giant-ness) of the wrestlers comes across on TV. Swagger's 6'4" and change, but you normally can't tell because the other guys are all huge too and he has a normal, non-exaggerated body type. Having smaller talent helps keep them special.

yeah, the big guys they have now are the smallest hosses in years. bring back fat big guys to match the tiny folks running around.

c05l0usf.gif

Scottify

I think Bad News Brown may be the exception that proves that rule. I can't recall him ever going to a comedy act. Maybe the whole sewer rat thing, but that still wasn't that comical.

Rapstah

I was always under the impression they stopped directly implying that the Outsiders were actually taking orders from the WWF after that thing they did where Nash ended up powerbombing Bischoff, but Hogan and the commentators go right back to it when he turns on WCW at Bash at the Beach '96. It makes for a way better post-match promo and angle in general, but I thought they quit because they were getting sued.

XenoRaven

I started looking at wrestlers' sizes and I think to be a big man in the old days you either had to have a genetic disorder or be ridiculously fat.

GolazoDan

Uh.. Lemme look:
Me: @BronsonLee
Sunny: @Sunflower4000
Boots: @SenorLARIATO
Shark Johnson: @MrSharkJohnson
Mr Luchador: @MrLuchador
Matthew Gallant: @matthewjgallant
Xater: @Xater_
FallingEdge: @FallingEdge
spindashing: @spindashing
Mr. Sandman: @JWOUTLAW13
Sephzilla: @Sephzilla
dmczaf: @dmczaf
Rapstah: @am_rapstah
tj hazuki: @newbornstarr
TL21xx: @TL21xx
WhoaIsThatMars: @WhoaIsThatMars
tm24: @mightytm24
Pavaloo: @pavaloo
Anth0ny: @anthh0ny
Serpentine: @SerpentineZero
JamieOD: @JamieOD
ElPescado: @elpescado
Professor Beef: @ProfessorBeef
mtsmylie: @smylie
CureVylash: @CureVylash

I've probably missed some.
Deal with it.
Or send them to me, whatevers
You know who I am, son.

@GolazoDan

I don't post here very often though. Mostly just nick the gifs like a thief in the night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just got some correspondence from our friend on the inside, Jaekwon/Carnby - said will be back in time for Mania 30!

Ah shit, I tap then.

When I get Infinite Ammo right where I want him, when I get him out of wind, sucking air, sweating from head to toe, I will call out to Indian strapmaster DMczaf on ringside, and I will say to DMczaf at ringside, 'Gimme Yapapi Indian punishment strap number one.' And as I strap your body, Infinite Ammo, as you scream to the heavens for mercy, as I see your skin start to bubble off your body, you will drop to your knees and you will say, 'Please, Mr. ARRRMMM, please, I can't take it anymore. Please, I'm sorry I crossed the line.'

And as I hear you beg for mercy, Infinite Ammo, that's when I will call to the strapmaster DMczaf at ringside for Yapapi Indian Punishment strapage number two. That's when the heavier bats will come out. That's when I will strap your skin and the flesh will bubble. That's when the flesh will start to peel from your hide. And as I see the raw pink meat on your back brother, I will take it to another level. I will transform from BIONIC to Hollywood. I will double strap you with both fists, and you will scream to the heavens, 'Please, Hollywood, don't hurt me anymore.' And I will never stop!

Xater

I like this New Paige thing we have going here keep it up.

I also just finished South Park and that game washes all the bad wrestling stink away.

Because Triple H needs his win at Mania, he is the GOAT and doesn't lose to anyone, especially not non-drawing midgets with funny looking haircuts and facial hear.

They should have kept him with the Wyatt's a lot longer, he fit right in appearance alone. His facial hair is fine, his hairstyle is bizarre and odd looking (almost like the episode in Seinfeld where they had weak shower heads and their hairstyles were deflated).

jmdajr

They should have kept him with the Wyatt's a lot longer, he fit right in appearance alone. His facial hair is fine, his hairstyle is bizarre and odd looking (almost like the episode in Seinfeld where they had weak shower heads and their hairstyles were deflated).

Yeah I thought that was a storyline to "toughen him up."

Vince gave up on that in record time.

Yeah well fans weren't keen on that
They wanted him to GET BURIED MORE *Pedigree*

Judderman

drawer by drawer
@JUDDERMANG

I don't tweet that often anymore.

Got my ticket for the NYC ROH-NJPW show. I hope NJPW brings over some merch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I thought that was a storyline to "toughen him up."

Vince gave up on that in record time.

But "the people" are the ones who forced his hand.

I swear there's no pleasing the fans. "Do this!" you do that, they revolt. Stupid stupid stupid!

jmdajr

But "the people" are the ones who forced his hand.

I swear there's no pleasing the fans. "Do this!" you do that, they revolt. Stupid stupid stupid!

To be honest I was fine with the storyline. I thought it would add depth to his character.

oh well :\

edit: Woah they are already selling Summerslam travel packages!

Fuck LA come to Texas!

Scottify

I agree about sticking with the Bryan/Wyatt angle. It could've gone in so many directions.

1) The Wyatts try to break him each week but he keeps resisting
2) Same but eventually Bryan breaks and becomes one of them
3) Bryan gets thirsty for power and challenges Bray as leader

and so on, ah well.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Spring Stampede 2000

God help me that I'm really rewatching this piece of shit and doing it without the benefit of alcohol. Oh fuck, and this doesn't even have chapters so I can know what I'm skipping. Fuuuuuuuck.

This is, of course, the first PPV after the reboot and the first of the Bischoff/Russo era.

TO THE BACK
. Bischoff freaks out that Hogan has checked himself out of the hospital. Kidman and Russo are not worried.

The Mamalukes vs Team Package

Gene got some words with Team Package during the Mamalukes entrance. Lots of whooos and Russos. Flair is in street clothes because he's fighting tonight. Russo comes out to add the Harris Brothers to the match to make up for the experience differences. Predictably bad. Disco was taken away by gangsters. Lex made JTB give up to the torture rack.

TO THE MEAN GENE.
Gene talks with Mike Awesome, who is in the tournament for the US Championship. Bam Bam interrupts the promo and is attacked for it.

Mancow vs Jimmy Hart

Fuck this. Not only did WCW think it was a good idea to waste PPV time with a 54 year old Jimmy Hart and a Howard Stern rip off, but they deemed it so good that it needed a rematch later in the year. Mancow would win after a chair shot. Kidman comes out after the match to beat up Jimmy Hart.

jimmy.gif

TO THE BACK. Russo gives The Harris Brothers and The Mamalukes for not being able to defeat Team Package.

The Wall vs Scott Steiner

Some highlights of this: Wall not being able to tell the difference between 270 pound Scott Steiner and 190 pound Slick Johnson, Scott Steiner breaking a guard rail, and a DQ after it was pointed out that the rules were extremely lax for the night so guys could fight it out. Scott won via DQ and advances in the US Championship tournament.

TO THE MEAN GENE. Gene talks with The Cat. Bam Bam attacks him, I guess so he could take Cat's spot against Mike Awesome.

Mike Awesome vs Bam Bam Big Yellow

You know how Mike Awesome's whole thing was that he was this huge guy who could move around like a small guy? Does it make sense to anyone else to debut him against Nash, a guy 5 inches taller than him, and then have his debut match be against Bam Bam, a guy about the same size who is also prone to going off the top rope? Early dive from Awesome and another one over the guard rail. Diving lariato. Bammer comes back with a diving headbutt and calls for Greetings. Cat runs out and attacks Bam Bam, then dances. Awesome mows him down and pins him with a Superfly Splash. Even though Bam Bam was the opponent.

awesomesplash.gif

TO THE BACK. Eric is stressing Russo out. Kidman still doesn't give a fuck because he's got Torrie to give a fuck. Elsewhere, Gene talks with Shane Douglas and Buff.

Harlem Heat 2K INC LTD vs Shane Douglas/Buff Bagwell

It's really sad how badly Shane degraded in such a short time. He was pretty rad during his first WCW run and his first ECW run. Then he went on a steady decline and ended up looking and moving like a guy 10 years older than he was by the time he got back to WCW. Shane kicked Ahmed in the balls and pinned Stevie with the Pittsburgh Plunge that looked an awful lot like a normal suplex. Harlem Heat got hot after the match.

TO THE MEAN GENE.
Gene speaks with Booker about his upcoming tournament match with Sting.

Booker T. vs Sting

It quickly heads to the floor where Booker is thrown into a camera man. Book comes back with a stun gun on the announce table. Back in the ring, Booker is in control. Book turned heel with the rest of the New Blood, but then kind of sort of turned back on Thunder, so he's kind of the only faceish young guy. Book hot dogs and gets hit with a DDT. Stinger Splash. A second one is countered with a Harlem side kick. A series of suplex reversals ends in a Scorpion death drop. Sting advances. This 6:30 match is the only kind of maybe decent thing on the show so far.

sidekick.gif

TO THE MEAN GENE. Gene speaks with Bischoff and Kidman. This show is every bit as shitty as it was the last time I watched it.

Vampiro vs Kidman

Vamp fucks Kidman up right away with a belly to belly, diving lariato, and a powerbomb. Vamp can powerbomb Kidman whenever he wants. Except the next time he tries because YOU CAN'T POWERBOMB KIDMAN. Except when you really want to. Uranagi. Hulk Hogan shows up and beats the fuck out of Kidman for minutes, which isn't a DQ, but chokeslamming a ref while blinded is. Vampiro advances. Hulk's coming for Bischoff.

hogan.gif

TO THE BACK.
Bischoff wants to leave. Russo tells him to chill out. As Hogan tries to assault Bischoff, police storm the room and draw their guns on Hulk. Elsewhere, Terry Funk looks for Norman Smiley.

guns.gif

Norman Smiley v Terry Funk WCW Hardcore Championship

The match starts in the men's restroom. It heads into a kitchen. In a hall way, Terry busts a late 90s laptop on Norman's head. Norman climbs a random ladder, hangs from a pipe, and gets knocked into a table. It finally heads to the ring. The most awkward Big Wiggle is stopped by a chair shot. Dustin Rhodes showed up to botch a ladder see-saw spot. Funk toss a ladder from the ring to the floor onto Norman and wins. New champion. Sadly, his awkward dancing was included as Tony was shilling for a WCW mouse pad, which wasn't included on the home release.

wiggle.gif

ladder.gif

TO THE BACK
. Russo gives Booker some shit and tries to get him back on the New Blood side.

Mike Awesome vs Scott Steiner

So, WCW steals Mike Awesome away from ECW while he's the ECW Champion. The deal is made that they must plug an upcoming ECW show, which they didn't do and got sued for it. They wanted him so badly that they debuted him against Kevin Nash, who is bigger than him. Then against Bam Bam, who is the same size as him. And then against Scott Steiner, who is smaller and made him look like a bitch on his first night in the ring with the company. Nash ran out and hit Awesome in the ass with a crutch. Steiner Recliner for the win.

crutch.gif

TO THE BACK. Russo fires Dustin Rhodes. Russo brings up that he created Goldust and that's the only time anyone gave a shit about Dustin.

Vampiro vs Sting

Vamp over sells like he's HBK. Sting hits a Superfly Splash. He misses a Stinger Splash on the floor and Vamp responds with a legit CroCop styled ax kick. Vamp stays on the offense for a few mintutes only for Sting to swat him away and lock on the the Scorpion death lock for the win.

crocrop.gif

TO THE MEAN GENE. DDP tells Gene that he is going to fuck Jeff Jarrett up.

Shannon Moore vs Lash LeRoux vs TAFKAPI vs Chris Candido vs Juventud Guerrera vs Crowbar WCW Cruiserweight Championship

The entire 3 Count song got played. Absolutely nothing interesting in the match. Sunny debuted and Skip is the new champion.

TO THE MEAN GENE. Jeff is going to smack liver spots and balls and slapnuts and ajf;lwkejf;lwkfoihhgjkgkeoeoepsp;m

Team Package vs Shane Douglas/Buff Bagwell WCW Tag Team Championships

Russo joins for commentary. This show is so bad. It's like WM4, but with the WCW 2000 roster. Nothing worth talking about. Buff and Shane are the new champions.

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk this show.

Scott Steiner vs Sting WCW US Championship

Another short nothing match. Steiner had 3 matches and probably had less than 10 minutes of ring time. Vampiro popped out from under the ring and tried to kill Sting or something. Steiner wins. New champion.

vamp.gif

Jeff Jarrett vs DDP WCW Championship

A bunch of bullshit, run ins, ref bumps, and more bullshit. Jeff is the new champion.

Fuck this show. At least the worst is over.

tonylol.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
I agree about sticking with the Bryan/Wyatt angle. It could've gone in so many directions.

1) The Wyatts try to break him each week but he keeps resisting
2) Same but eventually Bryan breaks and becomes one of them
3) Bryan gets thirsty for power and challenges Bray as leader

and so on, ah well.
It just wasn't the right time and place to do that angle, that was the moment where Bryan should have been the super babyface winning the Rumble and going on to win the title at Mania. It was what everyone wanted to see.

The angle could have been fun, but it just want right at that moment.

Marvel

could never
When I get Infinite Ammo right where I want him, when I get him out of wind, sucking air, sweating from head to toe, I will call out to Indian strapmaster DMczaf on ringside, and I will say to DMczaf at ringside, 'Gimme Yapapi Indian punishment strap number one.' And as I strap your body, Infinite Ammo, as you scream to the heavens for mercy, as I see your skin start to bubble off your body, you will drop to your knees and you will say, 'Please, Mr. ARRRMMM, please, I can't take it anymore. Please, I'm sorry I crossed the line.'

And as I hear you beg for mercy, Infinite Ammo, that's when I will call to the strapmaster DMczaf at ringside for Yapapi Indian Punishment strapage number two. That's when the heavier bats will come out. That's when I will strap your skin and the flesh will bubble. That's when the flesh will start to peel from your hide. And as I see the raw pink meat on your back brother, I will take it to another level. I will transform from BIONIC to Hollywood. I will double strap you with both fists, and you will scream to the heavens, 'Please, Hollywood, don't hurt me anymore.' And I will never stop!

lol, very good! I was hoping you'd do that.

You are now in my fave five.

Vylash

It just want the right time and place to do that angle, that was the moment where Bryan should have been the super babyface winning the Rumble and going on to win the title at Mania. It was what everyone wanted to see.

The angle could have been fun, but it just want right at that moment.

Exactly, this was my main issue with it, plus it wasn't done to elevate Bryan at all, it was done to get the yes chants to go away while they set their golden boys up for mania

XenoRaven

They can't do anything with Bryan until either the fans get fatigued or they give him his moment. Otherwise the crowd will just chant yes at everything he does.

Just quit blue balling everyone, give him the belt, and then you can give him the Ziggler treatment if you want.

jmdajr

They can't do anything with Bryan until either the fans get fatigued or they give him his moment. Otherwise the crowd will just chant yes at everything he does.

Just quit blue balling everyone, give him the belt, and then you can give him the Ziggler treatment if you want.

They already gave him the Ziggler treatment. Was Zigg champ for more than a day?

edit: Will the Yes movement last longer than What? or Wooooooo!

I mean I guess it's not a fair question since it's a late start, but will people still be Yes-ing in... 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom