• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I googled Sheamus nude to see if there was a funny picture to post and got so many WWE nude fakes that are legit looking. I feel like I just walked in the lockeroom and saw the entire rosters ding dongs.

Low-Ki- Check
Justin Gabriel- Check
McSillyputty- Check
Barret- Check
Jericho-Check
Big Dave-Check
Angle-Check
Bryan- Check
Orton- Check
Riley- Check
Christian-Check
Skip Sheffield- Check

8495%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20facepalm%20gif%20paul_heyman%20suit%20wwe.gif

jericho was the biggest

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So, if WWE network has reminded me of anything, it's that announcing these days is a joke. Ugh.
Cole: Don't forget to tweet about this on twitter using the hashtag #reallylonghashtag
JBL: WHAT'S THAT MAGGLE
Cole: I SAI-
King: HEY, what do bee's brush their hair with? HONEYCOMBS!

somedevil

Some News on Triple H with power in writing on Raw:

After the Stephanie McMahon and Triple H promo on Monday's RAW, one person within WWE noted to F4Wonline.com that Vince McMahon would have never used the term "hijack" and that it's an indication of how Triple H will be running things when he takes over. The source said, "Letting the Internet get to him."

Is that source line at the end a jab at Triple H because it was brilliant at taking what the internet was saying and using it to their advantage?

Also, people who will get pushes after WrestleMania:

We noted before that John Cena and Daniel Bryan were being planned to be pushed as the #1 and #2 guys in WWE coming out of WrestleMania XXX. Cesaro will also be pushed big time and is being planned for a big match at SummerSlam. Other names to be pushed hard after WrestleMania include Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Batista, Brock Lesnar & Paul Heyman and Randy Orton..

UberTag

We noted before that John Cena and Daniel Bryan were being planned to be pushed as the #1 and #2 guys in WWE coming out of WrestleMania XXX. Cesaro will also be pushed big time and is being planned for a big match at SummerSlam. Other names to be pushed hard after WrestleMania include Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Batista, Brock Lesnar & Paul Heyman and Randy Orton.
What a coincidence! Those are all of the same guys being pushed hard for WrestleMania that aren't part-timers. Imagine that!

You know whose name I don't see in that list? Dean Ambrose.

Good thing D.Brine isn't getting the title or he'd be screwed in terms of fresh heel opponents to feud with. More of Bray, more of Orton or having to carry Big Dave? Ick. Although, I suppose they could always continue to push Cesaro as a heel or have Brock work another match before Summerslam.

strobogo

Banned
I've gone through WM 1-10. 7 is definitely underrated. It gets categorized in the shitty side of things, but it has the Rockers vs Faces of Fear, Jake vs Model, Taker's WM debut, the dope as fuck Warrior vs Savage, Tenryu chopping and powerbombing and then no selling a Regis Philbin interview, a really fun Boss Man vs Perfect match when both were arguably in their primes, and a pretty decent Hogan vs Slaughter match. It's a decent show.

I'm going to to try to get through all the WMs before XXX, but it depends on how much Nyquil I will still need between now and then. I've been sick for a week and a half, thought I was over it, and then it came back with a vengeance the next day. I'm sure going through 2 bottles in a week and a half is worse for my liver than the 6 month bender, but fuck. It's wiping me the fuck out. And I still need to get my tire fixed.

What WWE needs to do is build up a better main event picture, now that there is only one World Championship. Have a bunch of guys chase for the title, while still making the champion (whoever that may be) look good. WWE really needs to realize that we can't just have Cena and Orton in the picture forever (ESPECIALLY those two, more than anyone else), but if the sources are right, I hope we do see more of Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns and Cesaro being pushed.

In spite of what's going on with Batista, I do want to see him feud with Brock Lesnar. That was one feud I was hoping for during the Ruthless Aggression Era, but we never got that because the two were on different shows (and Brock walking out the way he did didn't help at all). The Animal vs. The Beast Incarnate sounds like it would be fun to watch, but I wish it were a Wrestlemania Match.

On a sidenote, I would like to see Paul Heyman manage a few NXT guys. The main roster could use some Paul Heyman guys, just as long as they don't end up like Curtis Axel (or when Ryback briefly joined him). A Next generation Dangerous Alliance would rule, if done correctly.

Batigol

Banned
I want Kane to go away forever and to take Big Show with him. I don't even care where. Maybe they could just dive in to the grand canyon or live in Delaware, just get off my tv. Forever

somedevil

What about this house show incident with Batista and a DJ:

The fan in question was a local morning DJ, Cam Carson, who works for Winnipeg radio station Power 97. The station had been promoting the show and was listed as a sponsor for the event.

Batista began jawing with Carson before the match and when he turned to return to the ring, Carson hit him in the back/shoulder area, according to one fan that was sitting nearby. That led to Batista forcefully shoving him down. Carson tried to get over the rail but was stopped and spoken to by security - yet allowed to remain. Batista then began wrestling Big Show in a singles match.

Later on, Batista flipped the finger to Carson as he passed him while circling the ring. That led to Carson "losing it" and trying again to hop the rail, at which point he was walked out by security.

Whether this was a publicity stunt or something legitimate we cannot confirm, but my gut is it's the former, even if no one immediately admits it. But, we'll have to see.

WWE performers physically interacting with fans in an aggressive way calls for a fine from the company. Last year, Mark Henry once claimed it was a $10,000 fine during an interview.

So real or a work?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes it's worth $10k to shove a dipshit.

What do most people feel is the best late 80s/early 90s WWF PPV? There's SO many with some horrible filler.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am enjoying Survivor Series 90 though. Forgot Taker debuted here. Pretty interesting. Piper on commentary though...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I want Kane to go away forever and to take Big Show with him. I don't even care where. Maybe they could just dive in to the grand canyon or live in Delaware, just get off my tv. Forever
Kane is in great shape, just had a great match with Bryan on ME, and is only there to put guys over, and you want him gone, despite the fact that he's in a new gimmick?

Meanwhile, Big Show is totally useless, lazy, and has had the same gimmick (he's big) for his entire career.

I can understand being sick of seeing them (I get it), but don't put them in the same boat. Use separate sentences and make it clear that Kane is much better than Show.

strobogo

Banned
Sometimes it's worth $10k to shove a dipshit.

What do most people feel is the best late 80s/early 90s WWF PPV? There's SO many with some horrible filler.

Summerslam 1990 is pretty solid. So is Rumble 1991. But I'll watch all of them, even with tons of filler from guys I don't like because I like the atmosphere, looks, and sounds.

somedevil

Do they usually pull shit like this at house shows? I mean what's the point of a work at a house show?

Publicity for the sponsor of the event. The DJ worked for the radio station that sponsored the event. So it could be done to give the DJ and the radio station something to talk about.

Zach

Well that truly was a happening...

CHRONOLOGICAL PPV SUPER GRADES! said:
Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Summerslam 1990 is pretty solid. So is Rumble 1991. But I'll watch all of them, even with tons of filler from guys I don't like because I like the atmosphere, looks, and sounds.

I'm partial to Survivor Series '89 as it's the first PPV I can remember ever seeing. It also has one the best intros for a PPV ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih5vk3yabD8

...and the best AA spinebuster ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6H3tE_sSEw
That spine buster is a thing of beauty.

Batigol

Banned
Kane is in great shape, just had a great match with Bryan on ME, and is only there to put guys over, and you want him gone, despite the fact that he's in a new gimmick?

Meanwhile, Big Show is totally useless, lazy, and has had the same gimmick (he's big) for his entire career.

I can understand being sick of seeing them (I get it), but don't put them in the same boat. Use separate sentences and make it clear that Kane is much better than Show.

His new gimmick is bad though and he's boring. In the ring and out of it. Del rio couldn't get boring chants with Bryan if he tried.

But, he does have fantastic abs though and is in great shape for his age.

Kane 97-99 was the bees knees.

20110602_past_ppvs_nowayout98_l.jpg

RIP :'(

His new gimmick is bad though and he's boring. In the ring and out of it. Del rio couldn't get boring chants with Bryan if he tried.

But, he does have fantastic abs though and is in great shape for his age.

Kane 97-99 was the bees knees.

20110602_past_ppvs_nowayout98_l.jpg

RIP :'(

It still baffles me that he decided to go shirtless when he turned into a beer-gut, low rent version of Kane.

Kane2.jpg

Also, unmasked 2000 Kane looked hideously deformed.
UjO3xvT.jpg

DMczaf

I was watching WM10 because I wanted to watch a WM with some good matches.

Bret vs Owen, even with all the hype, is still underrated. Such great storyline telling in that match, which continued all night til the end where Bret is celebrating and Owen walks out with that "Are you fucking kidding me?" look. The Bret/Owen feud is just classic stuff that needs to be rewatched by indie guys who don't know how the fuck to tell a story in the ring.

Ladder Match is still greatness.

I was reminded of the "uncut" promise of WWE Network when the loud BULLSHIT chants of MSG hijacked the show after Lex was DQd by Ref Perfect. Also, Vince acknowledging the bullshit chants and loving it. The start of Attitude Era, hidden in the beginning of New Generation?!

strobogo

Banned

Bret vs Owen, even with all the hype, is still underrated. Such great storyline telling in that match, which continued all night til the end where Bret is celebrating and Owen walks out with that "Are you fucking kidding me?" look. The Bret/Owen feud is just classic stuff that needs to be rewatched by indie guys who don't know how the fuck to tell a story in the ring.

I was reminded of the "uncut" promise of WWE Network when the loud BULLSHIT chants of MSG hijacked the show after Lex was DQd by Ref Perfect. Also, Vince acknowledging the bullshit chants and loving it. The start of Attitude Era, hidden in the beginning of New Generation?!

Idk, WM9 had JR, Brain, and Macho coming close to jerking off over the women, JR talking about liking tits, and Macho calling Luna a virgin.

Sokantish

Check your PMs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom