• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tazz says dumb/inane things from time to time, but I don't think he's quite as terrible as everyone makes out. Don West was kinda bad, but I found his enthusiasm infectious.

Heel

Don West has the charisma to sell 1991 Topps Traded and Chuck Knoblauch mint 9 rookies. I cannot say the same for Tazz.

Wow, Manik got dunked on his fucking skull. I give that 4 out of 5 JEEEEEEEZZZUUSSSSS's.

Tigre.gif

Fun match, I enjoyed that. Tigre Uno looked better than I remember him being in AAA. Other than almost killing his opponent, I mean.

Raw64life

Normally I would say Taz isn't quite as terrible as WrassleGAF makes him out to be but he just said something about hash browns and milkshakes that made not only didn't make sense but had no relation to anything relating to wrestling at all.

Big One

Banned
Wtf James Storm has new music, now it's just regular country music rather than something about his gimmick...

Wait James Storm has a new gimmick? WTF? and he's the heel in this feud? I always thought he had a good thing going on...it resonated with the fans. You know who hasn't resonated with the fans? Gunner.

Going to post my wrestlemania 10 review after Walking Dead
LOLTNA
. Wasn't able to resize all the gifs so some of them are a tad too big. Hopefully quoting them helps chrome from crashing.

Wow, Manik got dunked on his fucking skull. I give that 4 out of 5 JEEEEEEEZZZUUSSSSS's.

Tigre.gif

Fun match, I enjoyed that. Tigre Uno looked better than I remember him being in AAA. Other than almost killing his opponent, I mean.

Extreme Tiger always been a really stiff worker.

Tigre.gif

Stole one of Tazz's moves as he mentioned. He'll have words with him in the back and handle business.

Go fire up some WCW 2000 PPVs and see him as an extra. He looked like a teenager. He might have been one. He's most easily seen as one of the EMTs during the ambulance match at GAB 2000.

I think I read that Storm and Harris used to be paired against each other a lot back then before they teamed up together. So many people in WCW who never got a chance. Also, I'm going to bed. This hasn't been a terrible PPV, but I'm tired.

He sticks to the match so I'm not really seeing the negative compared to Raw commentary.
Bullshit. He always goes off on some tangent. I think it's his voice that annoys the fuck out of me
Where does he rank on the list alongside JBL 2012-, Jerry Lawler 2005-, heel Michael Cole, Mike Tenay, Mark Madden, and Alex Riley?

I didn't really dislike JBL until about 9 months ago. He's gotten super obnoxious, almost as bad as heel Cole, but when he first came back he was pretty fucking awesome. And he's not nearly as bad when Lawler isn't there.....it's kinda strange. It's almost like he's in a competition with Lawler for who can be a shittier commentator.

Lawler sucks now. Period. Absolute trash on commentary and I really don't think he cares. I certainly didn't want him to die when he had his heart attack but I wanted him to go the fuck away.

I have nothing against Mike Tenay. Sure he was the weakest out of the WCW trio, but I certainly didn't dislike him

My dislike of Mark Madden has nothing to do with his commentary. I simply don't like how he looks. Stupid I know. But I also don't remember much about him. Forgettable I suppose.

Yeah Riley sucks....but I'm uhhhh.....kind of a Riley mark just because he's so fucking terrible at everything he does, so it makes me laugh. Yeah I'll talk shit about him, but I enjoy him too much to hate him for long.

I think my hatred for Taz is just because I'm watching TNA right now, otherwise I'd put him behind Lawler, but right now it's (in order of worst to not so bad)

Taz>Lawler>Heel Cole>Mark Madden>>>Alex Riley>>>>>>Tenay

strobogo

Banned
I think I read that Storm and Harris used to be paired against each other a lot back then before they teamed up together. So many people in WCW who never got a chance. Also, I'm going to bed. This hasn't been a terrible PPV, but I'm tired.

I don't think Storm was ever used as anything but a security guard/EMT type of deal, but Harris did wrestle on Saturday Night in 2000 and I think one Thunder. He was also one of the fake Stings at Halloween Havoc 2000. I think Cassidy O'Riley was used quite a bit as an extra as well, usually along with Storm. I think that was his name. He had fish eyes and was in an early TNA tag team. Sonny Siaki was another guy who was occasionally on TV as a security guy and had some matches on Saturday Night.

All the Natural Born Thrillers were all over Saturday Night in 2000, which had become basically NXT at that point, where it was just Power Plant guys and it had its own storylines. Jimmy Hart booked it completely on his own and it had nothing to do with Nitro or Thunder.

All the Natural Born Thrillers were all over Saturday Night in 2000, which had become basically NXT at that point, where it was just Power Plant guys and it had its own storylines. Jimmy Hart booked it completely on his own and it had nothing to do with Nitro or Thunder.

I remember that. Saturday night was actually really good for the first time in years.

strobogo

Banned
I remember that. Saturday night was actually really good for the first time in years.

It also had old guys and the TV Championship was exclusive to it. I recall a Robert Gibson heel turn on it. And Regal having a retirement match on it when he left for the WWF again. After a while they stopped plugging it on Nitro or Thunder. It was its own thing completely. Mark Jindrak originally had a gimmick of an evil basketball player.

That Gunner/Storm match is a perfect example of why I watch TNA. You can't get that match in WWE.

Mad respect to both guys. This is why I'm a TNA fan and when I'm proud to be one.

strobogo

Banned
It was almost always better than Thunder.

Saturday Night was better than Thunder pretty much from day one. Every week they'd show the card for Saturday Night and it'd be full of boss cruiser matches or Finlay fucking people up or random big star wrestling in front of 300 fans. Meanwhile, Thunder would have Chris Adams and Crush.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Saturday Night was better than Thunder pretty much from day one. Every week they'd show the card for Saturday Night and it'd be full of boss cruiser matches or Finlay fucking people up or random big star wrestling in front of 300 fans. Meanwhile, Thunder would have Chris Adams and Crush.

Exactly.

strobogo

Banned
I have a hard time believing that Gunner is in a great match. But if there is one thing TNA can do that WWE can't do, it's having brutal, bloody cage matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom