• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time believing that Gunner is in a great match. But if there is one thing TNA can do that WWE can't do, it's having brutal, bloody cage matches.

It wasn't at all bloody, which surprised me - they started well with the brawl, but it got kinda dull once they were in the cage. Plus, y'know, last man standing matches are often kinda lame. However, the last five minutes or so were pretty great - awesome spot with Storm hitting Gunner in the head with a chair as he went for a flying headbutt. The finish was good, too.

*edit, also, am I crazy, or did Storm look kinda Al Snow-esque?

It wasn't at all bloody, which surprised me - they started well with the brawl, but it got kinda dull once they were in the cage. Plus, y'know, last man standing matches are often kinda lame. However, the last five minutes or so were pretty great - awesome spot with Storm hitting Gunner in the head with a chair as he went for a flying headbutt. The finish was good, too.

Al Snow, NWO-era Brian Adams, take your pick. He really didn't need the overdone just for men hair color and the lame spandex pants.

Has there ever been an excellent Last Man Standing match? Cause I agree, they are often lame.

strobogo

Banned

I'm hazy on their feud. They randomly became partners, then Gunner shoved Storm out of the way for the MITB briefcase. Storm got mad, it seemed like Gunner was going to turn heel, but then they made up and Storm turned heel. Is that right?

I'm hazy on their feud. They randomly became partners, then Gunner shoved Storm out of the way for the MITB briefcase. Storm got mad, it seemed like Gunner was going to turn heel, but then they made up and Storm turned heel. Is that right?

No use asking me, this is the first time I've watched TNA since...that taped X-Division PPV last year, iirc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

You missed a bit. After Storm seemingly turned heel the first time he hugged it out with Gunner after talking it over with his kids and everything was cool...for about a week then turned heel 4 real when Gunner cashed in his briefcase.

strobogo

Banned
You missed a bit. After Storm seemingly turned heel the first time he hugged it out with Gunner after talking it over with his kids and everything was cool...for about a week then turned heel 4 real when Gunner cashed in his briefcase.

I was just gleaning from the one Impact I watched where they had a match.

somedevil

Yeah it looked like he dyed his beard too black.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-

And back to the NWA we go!

Brinbe

just kill this fucking company already. nuke it, bury the remains and start fresh. it doesn't fucking matter who is in charge, its all the same shit for how many fucking years now

When does Jeff Jarrett's new company start?

Edit: The announcers are putting over how ridiculous this whole thing is? What the fuzz is going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom