• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the total package. Good in-ring abilities, good look, great on the mic, good entrance, crossover appeal.

Compared to Daniel Bryan who is more of a 1 tool type of guy; great in the ring.

Gotta disagree with you there. D.Bry can have a great look and a fantastic entrance. Agreed with lack of crossover appeal. He is decent to solid on the mic when he is pandering to the YES crowd.

Daniel-Bryan.jpg

I think he looks great there.

strobogo

Banned
stro, in all your michael hayes hatred, i hope you haven't seen his terry gordy music video

Oh my fucking god. That video is AWFUL.

Some of the corniest shit I've ever seen and heard. Hayes could not look like more of a douche bag. The whole thing is LOOK AT ME ...and remember Terry Gordy...BUT LOOK AT HOW SAD I AM AND HOW I AM NOW COMPLETE NOW THAT I'VE RECORDED THIS GREAT SONG. Fuck Michael Hayes. At least 40% of the video is actually of Michael Hayes singing or dancing.

ib1GsN5BJvuzbO.gif

idKa6kFNXbiE8.gif

iKg2oOvM9bcbn.gif

Has Cena done anything outside of high merchandise? I'll give him props for WM28/29 buyrates but that's about it. I'm not sure how numbers were in his first 1-2 year run so maybe i'm off a little. But PPV, house shows, live gates (besides Mania), ratings, etc have all gone down while he's been on top correct?

Anth0ny

such a shame they couldn't take Shields v Wyatts to Mania.

that feud can go for miles

Exactly. Not sure why they wasted two INCREDIBLE matches between those guys on Elimination Chamber and Raw in Chicago. It's the perfect Mania match for those guys.

I think Cena/Bray is going to be a disaster and whatever the Shield/other Wyatts are involved in will feel unimportant.

Pavaloo

I'll say that when I went to see a WWE live house show here in December 2013 headlined by CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, I went with my two buds who NEVER watch wrestling (not even back in the day), but they were BOTH asking me if John Cena was there. Both were pretty disappointed he wasn't lol.

edit: watching the guy on ESPN or Good Morning America or any crap like that, it's super easy to see how the guy has been the face for years.
Exactly. Not sure why they wasted two INCREDIBLE matches between those guys on Elimination Chamber and Raw in Chicago. It's the perfect Mania match for those guys.

I think Cena/Bray is going to be a disaster and whatever the Shield/other Wyatts are involved in will feel unimportant.

Part of me is hoping the Wyatts fuck up Cena prior to Mania forcing him to not participate. Maybe the Shield can fight them as faces because it's wrong what they did to Cena, they demand JUSTICE [I miss when they used to say this all the time], and they have unfinished business.

But yeah, even if Bray fights Cena [I'm not convinced Cena would win it], The Shield doing anything (other than a triple threat) feels completely unimportant.

Bowser

Gotta disagree with you there. D.Bry can have a great look and a fantastic entrance. Agreed with lack of crossover appeal. He is decent to solid on the mic when he is pandering to the YES crowd.

Daniel-Bryan.jpg

I really wish he would go back to this look. I don't mind the beard as much (wish he'd at least groom it), but please cut the fucking hair off. He looks like such a slob.

So Fandango is definitely getting booked for a match at Wrestlemania, right? I don't think WWE would want to pass up on an entire stadium Fandangoing.

I hope it's either a singles match or mixed tag against Santino & Emma (but Fandango would be cheered like a face so who knows).

I just hope it's not the Andre Memorial. Unless they give him a full entrance.

Pavaloo

I really wish he would go back to this look. I don't mind the beard as much (wish he'd at least groom it), but please cut the fucking hair off. He looks like such a slob.

It's not that easy to "groom" a beard that size!

You can comb it, shampoo it, and condition every single day and it can still come out looking friz-city

trust me lol

strobogo

Banned
It's not that easy to "groom" a beard that size!

You can comb it, shampoo it, and condition every single day and it can still come out looking friz-city

trust me lol

That's why he should trim it. Around WM last year was as long as it should be. Once you go past a certain point, it doesn't even look at thick any more.

somedevil

Here is spoilers for the first tapings of Impact for the next 3 weeks. They seem to be taping crazy out of order. I feel sorry for this crowd because they got a lot of talking during this taping:

Angelina Love came out for a promo and talked about it has been a week and called out Velvet Sky, who came to the ring. Velvet talked about she owes a lot to Angelina. She also mentioned the bad times. Angelina really wants them to be friends again and said the fans want it too. They ended up hugging. Angelina says they are missing a third piece and asked Madison Rayne to come out. Angelina tells Madison that she was a part of The Beautiful People and offered her a spot. She says all three of their names but didn’t say Madison’s respectfully. Madison said Angelina always treated her with disrespect. Love said Madison at the time needed to pay her dues. Rayne said that she did all of Love’s dirty work and she likes Velvet but she is not interested and is out.

In a non title triple threat match, Bromans defeated Sanada/Tigre Uno and The Wolves via a pin on Uno following a Hart Attack. Before the match Bromans told Uno and Sanada to lay down for them but they said no. Zema distracted Sanada by taking his X Title at one point.

Bully Ray came out and had tables in the ring. He said he is the one who made sure Dixie is no longer in charge. Crowd chanted “Thank you, Bully.” He spoke about how Dixie came to him and offered money and her “womanly” ways to him and he said no. He said she almost had him with a steak. He told Bobby Roode the last thing they need is another owner like Dixie. He asked how many fans want to see Roode go through some tables. Roode came out. Roode said Ray does not scare him. The guy Ray screwed over does not exist anymore and said he is the guy who was the longest reigning and most dominant champion in TNA history, spat in Dixie’s face before it was cool, and said he was the one who tricked Ray into flying to the corporate office in Nashville last week. He asked the crowd if they know who he was. Ray wanted to fight. Roode said he doesn’t call the shots. Ray said he does and the fans say now. Roode said it isn’t going to happen and leaves. Ray goes after him and puts him on a table at ringside but Roode moves. Ray continues to attack him. They went into the rig and Ray went for a running boot on Roode through a table but missed. Ray then went for a powerbomb through one, Roode evaded, then went for a spear on Roode through another but Roode moved again and Ray put himself through the table. **

In a TNA World Heavyweight Title Match, Magnus defeated Samoa Joe. They had Abyss and MVP handcuffed to each other for the match at ringside. Ref got KOed and Abyss and MVP got in a brawl around ringside. Abyss got tacks from under the ring. MVP un handcuffed himself after laying out Abyss and tossed the tacks. Abyss went after MVP and Joe attempted a dive on Abyss but Abyss threw a chair in Joe’s face. Magnus followed up with a top rope elbow drop for the win.

Impact Wrestling on 3/27/14:

MVP came out for a promo. He said that when he came here he had the intention that every wrestler would rise and fall based solely on their talent and ability. A great man once said “the cream always rises to the top.” He said it was time to make an executive decision and Magnus and Abyss came out. Magnus said before he does anything rash that Abyss has a 100% legitimate service contract to the champion, not TNA or MVP, meaning the only time his authority extends to Abyss is through him. MVP said he had the chance to see how strong Abyss is last week. MVP tells Abyss if he puts a hand on him he will show a side of him he doesn’t want to see and tells him that Magnus is manipulating him. He brings up the idea of a title shot to him. MVP said someone keeps getting shafted and set up next week Abyss will challenge Magnus and the #1 contender Samoa Joe will also challenge Magnus. Joe came out. He said he has only asked MVP for one thing and that is for him to get a fair chance and an uninterrupted opportunity against Magnus. Joe said now his rematch is a handicap match. Magnus said they have their own problems to deal with and Joe attacks Magnus while MVP attacks Abyss. Eric Young then comes out and attacks Abyss. He and Joe clear the ring while MVP grabs a mic and says enough. Eric Young says he has the solution. He brought the monster out of Abyss and says he has to be the one to stop him. He does Magnus/Joe next week for the title and now he needs to put EY there. EY will take care of Abyss while Joe gets a match the way he wants to be. MVP says he doesn’t think EY has earned it yet. EY says he talks about motivate validate and participate. He says “motivate” MVP has been here 10 minutes while he has been 10 years and runs down everything he has been involved it. “Validate” mentions all the belts he has won. “Participate” he has ran with every ball TNA has given him. He said he is a world class professional wrestler and will fight. Joe says nobody is doubting him but there is a line and he is not at the head of it. Joe still wants his one fair title shot and until he gets what he wants he gets nothing. MVP says he appreciates EY’s passion and everything he said is true and inserts EY into the match. Joe was not happy. He pie faced EY then the two of them got in a brawl. Refs come out and separate them. MVP says we have a match.

Angelina Love came out and called out Velvet asking what her problem was. They spoke about Madison. I assume something backstage happened that was not shown. Angelina Love was not kind to Madison and mentioned it will be her and Madison later while insulting Velvet.

In a match billed as “no DQ, no countout, no rules, and there must be a winner” Gunner defeated James Storm. Match saw Gunner do a spear through the ropes through a table on the floor and a superplex through chairs, Storm hit two superkicks. Storm went for the wee bottle, Gunner had one that Storm previously brought in the ring and hit him with it followed up with the F5 for the win.

The Wolves defeated Magnus and Abyss when Eddie Edwards made Magnus tap out to the single leg crab. Abyss walked away from the ring after the match was done with the TNA title around his shoulder

Magnus still be booked like the worst champion ever. Russo has to be back with all this talking and crappy booking of the main title matches.

Vylash

Daniel-Bryan.jpg

Bryan has literally already proven his crossover appeal, when you get a college basketball arena chanting yes I'm pretty sure you're already there

I was just taking a satisfying dump on the toilet when I thought of an idea that would make the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal so much better.

You know how in baseball on Jackie Robinson day (First black player in the major leagues, Stro) all the players wear the number 42 on their jerseys in celebration?

What if for the A.G.M.B.R. all the competitors had to wear a black, single strap singlet? Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Pavaloo

That's why he should trim it. Around WM last year was as long as it should be. Once you go past a certain point, it doesn't even look at thick any more.

Yeah fair enough. All he really needs to do is go over the outside with a trimmer

I figure they're going to make him shaving an event to tune in for lol

edit: love that idea Bean^^

Bowser

There's rumors that apparently the 30-man Battle Royal will be on the WM pre-show...they had Hulk announce a pre-show event lol

I was just taking a satisfying dump on the toilet when I thought of an idea that would make the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal so much better.

You know how in baseball on Jackie Robinson day (First black player in the major leagues, Stro) all the players wear the number 42 on their jerseys in celebration?

What if for the A.G.M.B.R. all the competitors had to wear a black, single strap singlet? Wouldn't that be awesome?!

That's a pretty neat idea actually.

somedevil

What the hell is this? HBK wrestled for a garbage fed in his time off?

It was Shawn Michaels wrestling promotion that shot up after he opened his school. This is his only match he had after the WrestleMania match with Austin and after this match he wouldn't have one until Summerslam 2002.

1. 2006 GNR
2. 2010- GNR
3. 2002 GNR
4. 1987-1993 GNR not the 16 minute give me some reggae versions done towards the end of 1992-1993, though.
5. Avril Lavigne
Oh, come on. Watching the '92 Tokyo live performance now...

Axl Rose just appeared wearing white boxer briefs, white high-top tennis shoes, a tan western shirt with fringe, and a cowboy hat. Yeah.
I bet Sting listened to a lot of INXS when he worked out as Surfer Sting

Don't change a thing for me, Dragonzord.

Aiii

So not worth it
The posts in this thread lately make me so sad. Stop being so hostile people. We're supposed to all be friends here!

Don't make me host a This Is Your Life segment with Sunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom