• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Because it's relevant again

ihK196yIg4MNp.gif

Sokantish

never understood why they try to replicate that spot. it simply doesn't work unless you're actually punching each other.

http://cdn.gifbay.com/2012/11/don_frye_vs_yoshihiro_takayama-9671.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

or at least put some effort into the fake punching, it looks like they were both worn out after the first punch

I'm still legitimately shaken that Ithil doesn't like my posts and thinks I'm just a gimmick.

As long as we're airing grievances, I have something I'd like to get off my chest.

I don't like this "Fave Five" b.s. as it pertains to demanding new posters to post one.

First off, I wonder how many of you know that this is actually part of T-Mobile's old marketing campaign when they had some scheme about letting their users select 5 people with which they could enjoy unlimited calling. Subsequently, T-Mobile sponsored the Inside the NBA postgame show on TNT, which then created a segment in which Charles Barkley would select his "Fave Five" players. Booker T. picked up on this much later (racists like Perspicacity and Strobogo might infer that because Booker is black, he's naturally inclined to enjoy basketball) when he did commentary as some throwaway comment, "He's in my Fave Five!", with the running joke being that he often flip flopped and kept no actual ranking of wrestlers.

That comment got quoted here often along with other "Bookisms" in what Ithil would refer to as "Gimmick Posting". So then people just started keeping ranked lists of their favorite wrestlers and other related topics.

That's all fine.

But when some new guy wanders in here looking to join our community why do we assume that he even knows the names of five wrestlers, much less has that many favorites? Then if he does and he likes someone like The Miz, all the "smart fans" here are dog piling him.

Maybe he just channel surfed and caught some Impact Wrestling and just wants to stop in here to dig in deeper. Maybe he saw a wrestling jiff and thought it was funny and wants to find out more about it. Maybe he was casually browsing through the off-topic community forum and saw a funny thread titl- wait, no, that would never happen.

Bottom line, stop demanding new people post a fave five. It's dumb and reminds me of T-Mobile.

gimmick not working, bean. what was the last one, big Bo mark? you should go back to that.
You blew your cover the moment you typed "jiff."

Gimmick poster.

I'm being sincere. If you're going to ask for a new person to post a Fave Five, at least do it nicely.

"Hey, who are your favorite wrestlers?"

Not like this:

"We're gonna need a Fave Five from you right the fuck now, new guy"

strobogo

Banned
Maybe because you people all look the same

Hoosiers? Or Jews? I don't believe Fex is either of those.

When he exiled himself to campaign for Feburary being white history month instead, you filled the gap that he left.

I don't recall filling the gap for racism. In fact, I have explained my deep attraction to black women regularly. I have lustful eyes for black women of all nations.

Because you live in Indiana and I've seen the movie Hoosiers.

I live in Indiana and I've never seen the movie Hoosiers. I hate college sports.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every couple of days I feel compelled to watch Macho Man's HOTDOGGING AND GRAND STANDIN promo

At this point, I can recite it on command.

I can't stand people that shit talk John Cena and throw around terms like "work rate" and "push" like they know what the eff they're talking about.

Pavaloo

When Kane was screaming at The Shield on Smackdown he should've been like

"DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I'M THE BOSS! DON'T MAKE ME DO TO YOU WHAT I DID TO CM PUNK!"

also if John Cena were to EVER turn heel, here is how I would want it:

-The guy stops being humble. (Talks about his work rate and how no one has come close. Kids lining up for Make-a-Wish, etc)
-Talks shit to hardcore fans.

"I bury your favourite stars and they end up valeting cars" or some shit. Talk about all the fan favourites he destroyed. How no one can touch him etc.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Am I the only one who doesn't know who Bean Breath is? I thought he was a new poster who just showed up in the past few days.

Sokantish

Was that rumor of shield vs kane and the ascension completely made up like most rumors? Or do some of you guys think there's some truth behind it? I thought for sure Shield was going to split up and do a three way at WM but now I have no idea what's going on

strobogo

Banned
I can't stand people that shit talk John Cena and throw around terms like "work rate" and "push" like they know what the eff they're talking about.

For years, I've thought Cena was a good wrestler who just doesn't put in the effort because he doesn't need to, but after seeing all of his WM matches, I'm convinced he actually is a cheese dick wrestler and his good matches are anomalies and depend on a better opponent and good agent. He's really at his worst during big matches. When he has a wrestling match, he can be good. When he has epic main events, he's shockingly bad.

Was that rumor of shield vs kane and the ascension completely made up like most rumors? Or do some of you guys think there's some truth behind it? I thought for sure Shield was going to split up and do a three way at WM but now I have no idea what's going on
That rumor seems pretty credible after what happened on Smackdown. I'm guessing Kane will introduce the other dudes as his grunts in the upcoming weeks. Shield are not splitting up before WM.

Zach

I don't like this "Fave Five" b.s. as it pertains to demanding new posters to post one.

Bottom line, stop demanding new people post a fave five. It's dumb and reminds me of T-Mobile.

Wait. What? Fave five? Is this a thing? Why hasn't anyone asked me for my fave five? I'm new, right? Or have I just overlooked such a request?

I hate you guys.

For years, I've thought Cena was a good wrestler who just doesn't put in the effort because he doesn't need to, but after seeing all of his WM matches, I'm convinced he actually is a cheese dick wrestler and his good matches are anomalies and depend on a better opponent and good agent. He's really at his worst during big matches. When he has a wrestling match, he can be good. When he has epic main events, he's shockingly bad.

He's the total package. Good in-ring abilities, good look, great on the mic, good entrance, crossover appeal.

Compared to Daniel Bryan who is more of a 1 tool type of guy; great in the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom