• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Did you know:

WrassleGAF's Carnby was born on March 31, 1980. That means WrestleMania 1 and 12 were on his birthday. WrestleMania 29 could have landed on March 31st, if that day wasn't preempted by Easter Sunday.

Thanks Jesus.

WrestleMania XI, 2000, 22 were the ones that landed on my birthday.

Not a stellar track record

KissVibes

Banned
If vinny mac offered to buy TNA would you sell?
Dixie: Maybe we buy WWE?

I want RAW to cold open with Vince laughing at pictures of former WWE talent currently in TNA, burning them, and then having Sting come out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
straight up mike awesome saturday today

that sounds amazingly terrible. or is it terribly amazing. i don't even know. wcw.

It's good! The PPV is in Canada and Bret Hart comes out right after the match. The Canadian ref who kept interfering was Jacques Rougeau!

Starting watching Spring stampede 94. Johnny b bad vs DDP up first .

Badd out with a confetti gun. Awesome

DDP looks like bootleg Diesel

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Starting watching Spring stampede 94. Johnny b bad vs DDP up first .

Badd out with a confetti gun. Awesome

DDP looks like bootleg Diesel

Johnny B Badd was LEGITIMATELY awesome but SO out of his element with any other gimmick. It showed when WWE signed him and he had no idea how to get over at Marc Mero.

G-Fex

tumblr_n1qb2ypgO71ri0sroo4_250.gif

Mildly disturbing...

No it's not.

Love is what is worthing, it's the most important thing to give.

strobogo

Banned
Johnny B Badd was LEGITIMATELY awesome but SO out of his element with any other gimmick. It showed when WWE signed him and he had no idea how to get over at Marc Mero.

Johnny B Badd wasn't awesome, but he did have some good matches. His problem was he was never trained to be anything BUT Johnny B Badd, so when he got hired by the WWF, he had no idea what to do.

Joeki11a

Banned
I think WWE didnt think long term...

Brock should have never lose a single match

in his new run, so it all leads to Streak v Streak

SoulPlaya

more money than God

What difference would it make? Taker will never lose a WM match. It's the dumbest form of booking. The matches have no drama, as a result. It also leads to just silly situations whereby a guy kicks out of a Sweet Chin Music into a Pedigree. That's indie booking.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway. No one is buying that Brock is gonna have any chance to win. If Punk would've kept the belt last year, that would've made for a better story.

I'm still waiting for Cena/Taker. Pretty much the only Taker match left that I want to see.

Regal vs Pillman was awesome . WWE should enforce time limits on matches , adds an element of excitement .

2 matches in a spring stampede is one of the best PPVs ever.

Joeki11a

Banned
What difference would it make? Taker will never lose a WM match. It's the dumbest form of booking. The matches have no drama, as a result. It also leads to just silly situations whereby a guy kicks out of a Sweet Chin Music into a Pedigree. That's indie booking.

Its a better setup, the way this match was setup was idiotic

"Brock wants to be world champ!"
"blah blah open contract"...
"Were leaving"

Taker comes out and wants to take on Brock why exactly?, what has Brock done to taker?, Notice brock never asked to face taker...He wants to be champion again

Oh well atleasts its better than last year dumb "hey 4 way match, winner jobs to taker" smh.

strobogo

Banned
Its a better setup, the way this match was setup was idiotic

"Brock wants to be world champ!"
"blah blah open contract"...
"Were leaving"

Taker comes out and is forcing to take on Brock why exactly?,
Notice brock never asked to face taker...

Oh well atleasts its better than last year dumb "hey 4 way match, winner jobs to taker" smh.

Who knew it would be so hard to come up with a reasonable storyline for a guy who works once a year?

Is there an old wrestler that looks even remotely normal? Savage looked pretty cool with his beard before he passed.

Plenty of dudes from the pre-steroid era look fine. Bruno is nearly 80 and looks pretty much the same as he did 30 years ago, just with a shaved head.

This "Dutch Mantel" guy on this Stone Cold documentary sure does remind me of someone... >_>

Also, whoever set that Undertaker promo to "In Time" by Mark Collie deserves a raise.

somedevil

You say that but the fans in the arena still buy it and its drama. His last 5 WrestleMania matches have averaged 4.5 stars or better and are the best matches on the WrestleMania card.

A lot of people go to the show just for his match no matter if he wins it all the time. To them its about the drama leading to the win.

Edgeward

Alundra Blayze vs Bull Nakano at SS 94

Haven't seen girls move in the ring this well in WWE in a long time. They run around and take bumps like guys

strobogo

Banned
Alundra Blayze vs Bull Nakano at SS 94

Haven't seen girls move in the ring this well in WWE in a long time. They run around and take bumps like guys

Watch Survivor Series 95. They had a joshi (Japanese female wrestlers) tag match where they went HAM the whole time.

Edgeward

Will do.

This just brings to mind when was the last time WWE brought in a Japanese wrestler and treated them with respect. Seems like by the time the Attitude era came by and went, so did that as well.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You say that but the fans in the arena still buy it and its drama. His last 5 WrestleMania matches have averaged 4.5 stars or better and are the best matches on the WrestleMania card.

A lot of people go to the show just for his match no matter if he wins it all the time. To them its about the drama leading to the win.
Fans buy anything. It's WM. And his HHH matches weren't that good.

The issue with his WM matches isn't that they're technically bad. They just lack drama imo. I never honestly think Taker is going to lose. The man kicked out of a SCM into pedigree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom