• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tell me the first time ya'll vote "worse"

I got Randy Orton vs Kevin Nash
HRiFbQp.png

I think it'd be worse.

Complete Transcript of TNA President Dixie Carter's appearance on Thursday's IMPACT InterActive

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...s-appearance-on-Thursday-s-IMPACT-InterActive

On Thursday night during IMPACT, TNA President Dixie Carter was the special guest for the online IMPACT Second Screen InterActive! You can read the complete transcript of her chat with fans below on a variety of subjects! Make sure to log on to ImpactWrestling.com every Thursday night for IMPACT InterActive!

Some excerpts

What’s the toughest part of being the tna president?
Dixie: It's an amazing job. But folks like MVP and others want to just step in and take part of it. That's not cool.

If vinny mac offered to buy TNA would you sell?
Dixie: Maybe we buy WWE?

Why isn't Jeremy on play by play instead of Taz
Dixie: He did play-by-play on the Glasgow shows and did great. He will announce from time-to-time. He's great.

So what is your plan tonight to try and screw mvp from winning
Dixie: Screw??? I am a businesswoman. I have a plan and a strategy that will take care of him. That's why I am in New York right now. No worries.

Any word on a new TNA video game?
Dixie: Would love to have one. Working on something right now.

Is TNA looking to expand its X division roster and give a better focus on the x division title?
Dixie: YES!!! Several new faces coming soon and others will return. Looking forward to it!

How do you respond to your critics who say that your threatened by the arrival of mvp. Personally im on team dixie. But how do you plan to prove the critics wrong
Dixie: I don't respect people who like to jump in and take advantage of years of other people's hard work. I prove people wrong by continuing to grow this great company.

If you do keep control of tna i was wondering if you would bring back jeff jarrett and aj styles
Dixie: Who?

What is your opinion on Hulk promoting the other company so much in the past few days? Because when he was with TNA he always failed to mention the product on major tv shows.
Dixie: No comment on that specifically. Look, I love red and yellow, it's just not my color this season.

There is talk of a new wrestling promotion by a former business partner of yours. So how are you going to compete with this new wrestling company? Finally would you see this new promotion as competition?
Dixie: I only compete with things that are real. And I take that very seriously.

How do you determine how much time is used for talking on tv and how much is used for wrestling matches? Critics often say there isn't enough wrestling action.
Dixie: Our wrestling has always been the best out there. We are focusing on building characters…and the stories also play out in the ring…. Love the new dimensions to our talent.

Can we please have our six sided ring back?
Dixie: hmmmmmm.

If you could bring back any former TNA wrestler, who would it be.
Dixie: I was always a big Christian Cage fan.

I really enjoy the "new dimensions" to the wrestlers; imo, I truly feel that it makes them seem more like real people, which I think is hard to come by in the mainstream. Too late for the "other company" to take notes--they're too full of themselves with plastering themselves on EVERY media possible (like their new "WWE Network") *sarcasm*
Dixie: I LOVE seeing a greater depth to these talented wrestlers. Makes me want to watch their matches more..

How'd you get into the wrestling business??
Dixie: Booked some wrestling in college, but didn't get back involved until I started with TNA months before it launched in 2002.

Who do you think is the most underrated star on the TNA roster?
Dixie: Bromans

What is like being the president of a wrestling company, a business that is considered a man sport?
Dixie: BLESSED. The best job in the world. Love being the only woman in a room full of men.

I realize this may be a sensitive topic but can you please comment on the rumors about Sting signing with the WWE? Thanks
Dixie: Haven't heard anything about that for real. Wish Sting would get back on #TeamDixie. We have a great, long successful history together.

Have you guys considered bringing back the Young Bucks (Generation Me)?
Dixie: No discussions about that.

Who Was Your Favorite Wrestler To Watch Growing Up
Dixie: Von Erichs and Hulk

Do have anything on hiring the recently free agent "Best in the World" CM punk?
Dixie: Don't have anything on that.

Will you bring Chris Hero to TNA soon?
Dixie: No plans I am aware of.

What about all the negative press about the wrestlers not getting paid
Dixie: Interesting how that all came out when we released talent.

Anything you have to say about AJ Styles?
Dixie: He made a mistake.

Do you have comments about rumors of Jeff Jarrett and Toby Keith buying TNA wrestling?
Dixie: Not going to happen.

If you had to describe working with Jim Cornette in one word what would it be?
Dixie: My mind just went blank.

What do you say to critics questioning the long-term viability of TNA?
Dixie: I quit answering them about 10 years ago….

Do you regret inducting Kurt Angle into the TNA HOF knowing he has been going around practically and publically begging to go back to that other company??
Dixie: Are you kidding? Kurt helped change the landscape for our company. Very deserving.

Do you think TNA has an identity problem with calling itself both TNA and Impact Wrestling? Seems like two different companies and can confused the casual viewer.
Dixie: TNA is our company. Impact is our show. Xplosion is our show, etc. Easier in other parts of the world where we have multiple shows on TV.

Thoughts on Vince Russo?
Dixie: Very talented writer.

How happy are you with ratings on spike and what can be done to improve on them
Dixie: Very happy with the current trend and especially with the record +3 and +7 ratings we are having (which is what we are judged on).

gurudyne

Thank you. I don't envy the WM2 guy and anyone else who gets an old Mania longer than this one. WM1 is just over two hours long and took a while to get through. WM2 has to be way longer than that, right?

WM3 was three hours, packed with matches. Still writing it up, and yeah, it's taking a while.

Tell me the first time ya'll vote "worse"

I got Randy Orton vs Kevin Nash

Christian vs Khali

Results show that the worst possible matchup is Sheamus vs the Miz. The vast majority agree that a champ Cesaro can't carry Jey Uso to a good WM ME.

Get your own gimmick

Check yourself, punk. I was posting Portia pics before you even acknowledged her existence.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34132674&postcount=6200

...and I was posting about her before that even. I think the archive just doesn't go back that far.

Here's what YOU were saying about Portia back when Boots and I were talking her up:

ibmnK16tapG5gV.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44259267&postcount=4598

I knew you weren't the real deal, but I gotta admit, I was LEGIT SHOOK to see this, dude. Not only are you a gimmick stealing, backstage backstabber, Jack... You were once a PORTIA DENIALIST!

Shame, brother...shame...

I would call a WrassleGAF Court in the locker room to prosecute you for your crimes against the boys and your crimes against Portia...but I won't.

You wanna know why? Because I've moved on. Portia is yesterday's news for me. Sure, we had some good times, and we'll always have that, but I've seen the future of super-cute, nerd-friendly, North American wrasslin' joshis...and I moved on the moment I saw her.

So enjoy my sloppy seconds, kid. I decided to get younger at that position.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Check yourself, punk. I was posting Portia pics before you even acknowledged her existence.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34132674&postcount=6200

...and I was posting about her before that even. I think the archive just doesn't go back that far.

Here's what YOU were saying about Portia back when Boots and I were talking her up:

I knew you weren't the real deal, but I gotta admit, I was LEGIT SHOOK to see this, dude. Not only are you a gimmick stealing, backstage backstabber, Jack... You were once a PORTIA DENIALIST!

Shame, brother...shame...

I would call a WrassleGAF Court in the locker room to prosecute you for your crimes against the boys and your crimes against Portia...but I won't.

You wanna know why? Because I've moved on. Portia is yesterday's news for me. Sure, we had some good times, and we'll always have that, but I've seen the future of super-cute, nerd-friendly, North American wrasslin' joshis...and I moved on the moment I saw her.

So enjoy my sloppy seconds, kid. I decided to get younger at that position.

See, now you're hating on Yoneyama, and that's just wrong. I had to move on from my Daizee crush when she started becoming a gym freak. So that was in like 2009 or 2010. Just like I was into Emma when she was Tenille Dashwood. Got the indie hotties on lock, son. Don't even go there.

Nerd friendly sounds like some lame AJ Lee shit tbh

See, now you're hating on Yoneyama, and that's just wrong. I had to move on from my Daizee crush when she started becoming a gym freak. So that was in like 2009 or 2010. Just like I was into Emma when she was Tenille Dashwood.

Everybody's got an excuse.

Got the indie hotties on lock, son. Don't even go there.

LOL. You simply have no idea.

Nerd friendly sounds like some lame AJ Lee shit tbh

Portia Perez fits that description way more than AJ ever has, kayfabe or IRL.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I watched the entire New Blood Rising PPV this morning. Actually not a horrible card outside of the last few matches.

I forgot how hilarious the Mike Awesome/Lance Storm CANADIAN title match was. Awesome Pins him, nope, Canadian rule book says you need a five count (cue Big E) so then he submits him a minute or so later. Nope, can only end on a pinfall. So he gets the five count about five minutes later, nope, he has to stand up to a ten count (I thought that was a Mexican Death Match brah!) after a pin.

Cagey

Banned
Watching WM2000 on the Network. This was right before I lost the illegal black box that let me steal all the PPVs from like 1994 through the end of 2000.

Man there's some ridiculous(ly awesome) stupid shit that whoever is reviewing the show will enjoy. GIFs everywhere.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Watching WM2000 on the Network. This was right before I lost the illegal black box that let me steal all the PPVs from like 1994 through the end of 2000.

Man there's some ridiculous(ly awesome) stupid shit that whoever is reviewing the show will enjoy. GIFs everywhere.
DM was fucking psyched that I gave him...he randomly drew that one!

Carnby

Did you know:

WrassleGAF's Carnby was born on March 31, 1980. That means WrestleMania 1 and 12 were on his birthday. WrestleMania 29 could have landed on March 31st, if that day wasn't preempted by Easter Sunday.

Thanks Jesus.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched the first half of my Mania review. MVP vs Chris Benoit was a fucking shocker, Mania 23. Really, REALLY good match.

Cagey

Banned
LOL Michael Clarke Duncan going batshit crazy in the front row when the Dudleys get the tables.

Wrestling used to be so cool guys :(

Sblargh

Banned
Conspiracy theory:

WWE made that Cesaro shirt so it doesn't sell and they can say they don't push him because he doesn't move merch.

Batigol

Banned
Watching old WWE. God damn, Hogan is the biggest heel ever. How was he a face? He's a sore loser and his moveset is just dirty moves. Rightly booed at Rumble '92. Which I never saw! :lol

So I watched the entire New Blood Rising PPV this morning. Actually not a horrible card outside of the last few matches.

I forgot how hilarious the Mike Awesome/Lance Storm CANADIAN title match was. Awesome Pins him, nope, Canadian rule book says you need a five count (cue Big E) so then he submits him a minute or so later. Nope, can only end on a pinfall. So he gets the five count about five minutes later, nope, he has to stand up to a ten count (I thought that was a Mexican Death Match brah!) after a pin.
straight up mike awesome saturday today

that sounds amazingly terrible. or is it terribly amazing. i don't even know. wcw.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Conspiracy theory:

WWE made that Cesaro shirt so it doesn't sell and they can say they don't push him because he doesn't move merch.

Except for the fact its the most fucking awesome shirt ever?

Seriously its amazing. I expect it to be the best selling shirt for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom