• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

Great non answer and he had pity by giving TNA a mention. The next ICW show is April 27 in Ireland. So if its true if he signs that will be his final Indie show to drop the title in his home country.

I love that in the video there's a massive jeer when he mentions the WWE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kPEcTWV_9I

And yeah his last Indy booking at the moment is on the April 26th but dropping the belt in Ireland seems like a perfect exit for him.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
WrestleMania IV - C
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Survivor Series '88 - D
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B
Royal Rumble '89 - F
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Even though I got to see a whole lot of some personal favorites (Flair, Muta, Steiners), the tournament format by nature is just a slog. It proved you can have too much of a good thing.

More importantly, though: EIGHTIES COMPLETE! That was fun. I should probably slow down heading into the nineties, though...

for Sunflower/Funslower/Vince:

iDiUOoJKYnSyv.gif

that realistic selling, Ziggler should take some notes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dear dumb fucks,

Heels don't want you to chant for them. It's fine if you like them, but you're actively making them look bad by chanting their name.

Mengetsu

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WWF Monday Night Raw 4/4/93

The Raw after Wrestlemania! Oddly enough, Both men are wearing the same outfits as last week. And the two weeks before that. Jerry Lawler will make his Raw debut tonight.

Virgil vs Bam Bam Big Yellow

They talk about Hogan winning the title and how Fuji/Yoko are protesting Hogan's win. VIRGIL SUCKS chant. Virgil is actually in control for the opening moments. Until he tries a crucifix and gets squashed. Vince believes WM9 was the greatest WM of all time. Honestly, it's not THAT bad. Tatanka/HBK is really good. Steiners/Headshrinkers was fun. Perfect/Lex was pretty good. This is so boring. This should be a real jobber, not Virgil. Apparently, Barlett lost everything in Las Vegas and couldn't make it to the show. Fans are chanting something, but I have no idea what it is. All I know is that this is super boring. Virgi fights out of a bear hug and hits a missile dropkick. Bammer mercifully ends this with a diving headbutt.

ifSsMhjoisi98.gif

Jerry Lawler vs

King refuses to wrestle due to the BURGER KING chants.

TO THE MEAN GENE.
Gene is with Yoko/Fuji, apparently after WM. They protest Hulk Hogan winning the title as there was no contract signed and no match was sanctioned.

Kimchee vs Bob Backlund

Kimchee gets a cheap elbow and downs Backlund. Bob Backlund is underrated in the list of wrasslers with badonkadonks. He's got some hams on him. This is also super boring. back suplex from Bob. Backlund wins with a bridging pin with no set up.

Damian Demento vs Jim Brunzell

Rob Bartlett calls in. He's out of money. He's got nothing left. He's desperate. He asks for Vince to send him a ticket or wire him some money. Vince claims there is line trouble and hangs up. What a dick. But I'm so glad he did it. The end of Rob Bartlett! Man, these shows really went to shit in a hurry. Why hasn't Bret been on the show again? Why hasn't Owen been on again? There are only like 10 good wrestlers they had at the time and they're almost never on Raw. This is terrible. Randy Savage is benched because he's "too old", yet Vince has Jim Brunzell, Bob Backlund, Hogan, DiBiase, and other old dudes wrestling. Demento hits a neckbreaker and knee from for the win.

Jerry Lawler vs

King again refuses to wrestle.

Beverly Brothers vs Steiner Brothers

At least someone will get hit hard or dropped on their heads. Scott and Beau begin. Wrasslin. Scott is wrasslin. I wonder how the Beverlys felt about having to completely change and ignore their past while the Steiners (and Headshrinkers, more or less) came in as is. BO pulls Scott down by his mullet. I'm pretty convinced the crazy over the top bump at WM9 is what turned Scott into Big Poppa Pump. Tiger Driver. Blake tags in. Rick tags in and gets powerslammed. Rick responds with one of his own. Rick is just having fun in there, guys! Scott is in with a belly to belly. Cheap shot puts Scott on the defense. WGTT leap frog. Fonzie of course misses Scott making the tag. Scott is FIP for a while. Tiltawhirl slam OUTTA NOWHERE. Hot tag to Rick. Steinerlines. This isn't nearly as interesting as their Rumble match, which itself wasn't very interesting to begin with.

ibfi3DQxzcYycd.gif

Jerry Lawler vs Jim Powers

Man, the Wellness Era did not do Powers any favors. He looks so tiny compared to the 80s. He attacks King before the match to make sure a match will actually happen. Powers is legit smaller than King. I mean, he's more cut up, but he's still smaller than King. This sucks. God damn does it suck. The last 2-3 shows have made me want to give up on wrestling forever. They put on pretty much the worst shows they can with terrible, terrible "comedy" ruining things that are even bordering on decent. Powers is getting most of the offense of this match. King wins with a piledriver. King did a lot of shit talking to Macho during the match and continued afterwards. Playing up the McMemphis angle I believe. In fact, he challenges Savage to end the show.

iOaJGjTmowGrj.gif

Next week will have Money Inc. vs Bushwhackers. Fuck. The only good thing is that Rob Bartlett is gone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is what happens when all wrestling fans get the internet. We get CM PUNK CM PUNK chants for shows he's not even on.

I miss it when people chanted for Cena.

those early RAWs sound awful. also, i don't know it is the small venue size or the lighting they used but there's this contrast of dim, subdued presentation clashing with the colourful characters.

Stro I don't know where you find the intestinal fortitude to watch those early RAWs.

I tried watching a few of them and can only make it 5-10 mins before I just give up.

strobogo

Banned
those early RAWs sound awful. also, i don't know it is the small venue size or the lighting they used but there's this contrast of dim, subdued presentation clashing with the colourful characters.

Nostalgia can't make these enjoyable. DM jerks off to this shit.

Stro I don't know where you find the intestinal fortitude to watch those early RAWs.

I tried watching a few of them and can only make it 5-10 mins before I just give up.

I've lost the fortitude. I'll have to take a few days off from Raws.

Sblargh

Banned
"Daniel Bryan is a B+ player"
*Everyone checks their pieces of paper, 10 seconds later*
"NO! NO! NO! NO!"
"You call me a B+? I'll kick you with a Knee Plus!"
*Everyone stops chanting, silence, people look at their pieces of paper*
"YES! YES! YES!"

Showaddy

"Daniel Bryan is a B+ player"
*Everyone checks their pieces of paper, 10 seconds later*
"NO! NO! NO! NO!"
"You call me a B+? I'll kick you with a Knee Plus!"
*Everyone stops chanting, silence, people look at their pieces of paper*
"YES! YES! YES!"

In reality everyone will just be really fucking confused and the hijack morons will just prevent any decent chants from naturally occurring.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man Summer Rae looks REALLY rough some of these angles :x

Fuck, I'm agreeing the fuck out of these ladies. Why the fuck does Natty gotta be like that.
LOL Daniel gets like one kid saying YAY and Divas get ALL the fans.

You are crazy crazy man, if you think Summer looks rough VKM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, Natty...ugh

EDIT: Duncan I just mean at certain angles, I dunno

Pavaloo

It's probably the traveling shots, but I expect that to be at like 3-4am lol

edit: LOL cameron's music

double edit: Daniel Bryan continuing to be gold on #TotalDivas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom