• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raw worth watching or should I just read results?

I slept during it tonight and just saw the clips on WWE's YT channel. Some interesting stuff there. I'd say just do that.

edit:
Oh hey, new page!
tumblr_n39ywsjnDv1sx191ko1_500.png

In a sense, I kind of feel bad for John Cena. He's essentially been demoted to a meaningless mid-card match against a gimmick team, and I'm not sure how this does anything for him.

Don't worry.

He's going to make Bray Wyatt change the way he walks when he sticks his dick in his ass.

Aiii

So not worth it
So hang on.

Now the entire divas roster is faces who like Naomi, even the heel divas, and everyone just happily attacks AJ while nobody wants to touch Naomi.

Even though there's a clusterfuck of a match where everyone is competing for the title and they all should be trying to fight eachother? At least they were sort of consistent about Tamina trying to protect her still.

And then commentary tells me AJ is a terrible person for saying she can beat anyone and she's the greatest divas champion ever, even though they also tell me she's the longest reigning champion and how impressive that is. Then they beat her in every non-title match in this build-up

I don't get what they want. If it's anything but having the crowd root for AJ and AJ retaining I don't know what story they're trying to tell?

I STROLL the toy aisle because I like looking at the wrasslin and comic book toys. The 1960s Batman show toys are dope, say for collectors on the box, and kids would have no idea about the show. So why are they in the toy aisle? Bean, I thought we put our spat behind us when I pushed you to do 20 push ups and you did them and felt great. I thought we connected. Now here you are, calling me a creepy ass.

You've hurt me, Beany. You've hurt me bad.

ibc0KT8NRQp5hk.gif

I fell off the push up wagon today.

So hang on.

Now the entire divas roster is faces who like Naomi, even the heel divas, and everyone just happily attacks AJ while nobody wants to touch Naomi.

Even though there's a clusterfuck of a match where everyone is competing for the title and they all should be trying to fight eachother? At least they were sort of consistent about Tamina trying to protect her still.

And then commentary tells me AJ is a terrible person for saying she can beat anyone and she's the greatest divas champion ever, even though they also tell me she's the longest reigning champion and how impressive that is. Then they beat her in every non-title match in this build-up

I don't get what they want. If it's anything but having the crowd root for AJ and AJ retaining I don't know what story they're trying to tell?

It's best that you don't put much thought into anything diva related...just like Creative.

So hang on.

iqGuBtv3A2C4F.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
http://i.minus.com/iqGuBtv3A2C4F.gif

Seriously though, it's a storyline that would be great for a face champion, overcoming the odds by having the heel GM pit the entire roster against her, but how is it a great story for a heel champion?

People aren't going to root for anything but the underdog, that's how storytelling works, right?

If not, I've been doing it wrong :D

Laserfrog

Well get a load of Uncle Scrooge and his pile of money over here.

Damn Laser, kick some of that YouTube money over here, I need a WWE Network subscription.

I meant when Sunny uses it in a sentence bean. I get gawker money not YouTube! I'll get you a network account though but only if you watch Wrestlemania on a delay like raw.

They need to split up Cody and Goldust and put them back as singles competitors. Cody the IC champ and Goldy the US champ. I'm ready for Goldy to become entertaining again.

5V1RX61.gif

Seriously though, it's a storyline that would be great for a face champion, overcoming the odds by having the heel GM pit the entire roster against her, but how is it a great story for a heel champion?

It's not FOR the heel champion - it's for the faces. Y'know, the vapid, screeching, bitchy, two-faced harpies of Total Divas.

*edit, except Naomi - she's cool.

I just saw that Miz is in the Andre Battle Royal.

Bullshit, just bullshit. Miz is going to lose his Wrestlemania winning streak. Ruined 4-0 in order to feed a star no one likes like Big Show. Ugh. It's like feeding Undertaker and ruining his 21-0 streak for someone like Kofi. Poor Miz, he deserves better.

The IWC turn on Bryan is fucking hilarious after the H/Steph promo tonight. I know the majority still want Bryan to be the champ but all the bitching and whining over promos and shit is annoying.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's not FOR the heel champion - it's for the faces. Y'know, the vapid, screeching, bitchy, two-faced harpies of Total Divas.

*edit, except Naomi - she's cool.

Yeah well, that's the thing, they're telling the wrong story.

Story should have been, "heinous evil champion with a bodyguard she's a dick too goes one-on-one (or two-on-one) against face TD challenger, one-ups her opponent(s) during the entire build to the match and finally gets her comeuppance at WrestleMania when her bodyguard betrays her."

People want to see that story (at least, you'd think so) and the face actually gets to beat the champion clean and have a meaningful non-clusterfuck win. It's so simple a 4-year-old could book it.

At this point I'm fully expecting AJ to retain at Mania and lose it in a regular match at Raw. Hell, at this point I'm expecting AJ to come out on Monday, boasting about how she beat everyone on the roster and Paige debuting to take it from her in her debut. If they're gonna debut Paige, might as well do it like that in front of that crowd, because at least they will know who she is and cheer like crazy. It might even be a way for them to turn AJ face, she's been a heel for so long without actually getting boo'ed, so who knows, have her overcome the odds and do some "show of respect/passing the torch" segment after losing the title.

I dunno, it's the only way the build to this match would make sense... I'm trying to make sense of a Divas segment in WWE...

Aiii

So not worth it
I just saw that Miz is in the Andre Battle Royal.

Bullshit, just bullshit. Miz is going to lose his Wrestlemania winning streak. Ruined 4-0 in order to feed a star no one likes like Big Show. Ugh. It's like feeding Undertaker and ruining his 21-0 streak for someone like Kofi. Poor Miz, he deserves better.

He lost a tag-match with JoMo, so he's 4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom